Goebel withdraws | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Goebel withdraws

Pookie

Final Flight
That's too bad. I don't think Tim is the type to withdraw if he can't win. He seems to have a lot more maturity and integrity than that. Hopefully, they will figure out how to fix the problem quickly.

katherine2001

On the Ice
Tim is in my thoughts and prayers. I have a lot of respect for him after his short program. He kept skating. I felt so badly for him when the marks came up and he was getting marks in the 3's. He handled the interview afterwards with class, though I'm sure he wanted to go hide in a corner and not talk to anyone. I have no doubt that if he could have, he would have gone out and fought as hard as he could to skate the best he could to move up in the standing, whether or not he won a medal. He's a fighter.

Tim, please take all the time off you need to get totally well. Please don't push yourself to come back to skating too soon. You have a long life ahead of you. We don't want you to live the rest of your life in pain.

sk8ing_lady2001

Final Flight
If he has had boot problems and could have finished low in the standings (and worse, been injured), then I don't blame him. I at first wondered why he wasn't on TV. :mad: