Men's Free Skate: 2013 NHK Trophy | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Men's Free Skate: 2013 NHK Trophy

samson

Medalist
Well that was way better than SC. Good for Jeremy pulling moving up in the standings.

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
Adam's back strokes are somewhat laboured, but I LOVE his spread eagles and other positions he holds with such deep edges! Looked more timid than at SA, but still a beautiful showing. What a beautiful program!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Adam RIPPON (USA)

Music: L'après-midi d'un faune (Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun) by Claude Debussy

4T - stepout, maybe <
3A+2T
3Lo
FCCoSp
CCSp - shaky on jump change foot, did not hold catchfoot long enough
1A
3F+3T - maybe 3T<
StSq
3Lz+2T+2Lo - 'Rippon on luz, maybe 3Lz<
3Lz - 'Rippon
3S - maybe <
CCoSp

Some mistakes, popped the 2nd axel again. Some of his jump landings seemed a bit short, dunno enough for a UR call

Score: 73.60+77.86 = 151.46, 233.71, 2nd out of 6

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Adam's back strokes are somewhat laboured, but I LOVE his spread eagles and other positions he holds with such deep edges! Looked more timid than at SA, but still a beautiful showing. What a beautiful program!

Agreed on the deep edges! and also that he was more timid/tentative here, but still a gorgeous program and a good showing!

samson

Medalist
Hmmmmm it's going to be close. He looked a little tight to me. Like he knew that skating well tonight would mean placing ahead of Jeremy AND Max. Which would be a nice statement for him in terms of getting on that team.

Let's see...

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Hmmmmm it's going to be close. He looked a little tight to me. Like he knew that skating well tonight would mean placing ahead of Jeremy AND Max. Which would be a nice statement for him in terms of getting on that team.

Let's see...

yes, I think he looked super nervous and tight. I'm happy for Jeremy but sad we won't have a man in the Grand Prix Final. I still think that this was a good competition for Adam. He was pretty consistent and his programs are great.

flaneur

On the Ice
I feel that Adam is better much better conditioned this season. I think he was more bold at SA but not that badly skated here.

Afternoon of a Faun is perfect for Adam's Botticelli good looks and skating style.