2023 NHK Trophy Women's Free Skate | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2023 NHK Trophy Women's Free Skate

SmileHappy34

Final Flight
I tens not to do predictions because mine tend to be way off.
Plus the unexpected in skating.

I did it to have fun.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Question: Lindsey received one deduction in the SP and 2 in the LP; I know one in the LP was for the fall but what were the other two for? ? Time violations. This seems to be a consistent flaw in each comp and should be addressed. Other than that she was wonderful in both programs. She was outstanding as a Junior.. went thru a growth spurt and appropriate training, working thru her shyness and adding a bit more expressiveness to the athletics.. some very nice facial expressions seen in slow motion during the free.

Last edited:

readernick

Medalist
Question: Lindsey received one deduction in the SP and 2 in the LP; I know one in the LP was for the fall but what were the other two for? ? Time violations. This seems to be a consistent flaw in each comp and should be addressed. Other than that she was wonderful in both programs. She was outstanding as a Junior.. went thru a growth spurt and appropriate training, working thru her shyness and adding a bit more expressiveness to the athletics.. some very nice facial expressions seen in slow motion furing the free.
Yes, the time violations lost her the Gold medal here. It would be wise to get that issue sorted. Wouldn't it? Crazy competition.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I knew i should have stayed up and watch this last night. This has to be one of the biggest surprise wins in a long time for someone not expecting to contend for a medal. Just 😲 Nationals just got more interesting which is good the US needs more ladies good enough to make the World team then just Amber.

Last edited:

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Question: Lindsey received one deduction in the SP and 2 in the LP; I know one in the LP was for the fall but what were the other two for? ? Time violations. This seems to be a consistent flaw in each comp and should be addressed. Other than that she was wonderful in both programs. She was outstanding as a Junior.. went thru a growth spurt and appropriate training, working thru her shyness and adding a bit more expressiveness to the athletics.. some very nice facial expressions seen in slow motion during the free.
She should not have gotten a time violation in the short program.

Last edited: