Men's Free Skate: 2013 NHK Trophy | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Men's Free Skate: 2013 NHK Trophy

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
I feel that Adam is better much better conditioned this season. I think he was more bold at SA but not that badly skated here.

Afternoon of a Faun is perfect for Adam's Botticelli good looks and skating style.

Botticelli good looks! I love it!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Nobunari ODA (JPN)

Music: Wilhelm Tell Overture by Giacochino Rossini

Black tapered velvet pants. Velvet brown vest w/ gold details over yellow shirt (new)

3T+1T
4T - seemed solid
3A+3T
FSSp
StSq
3A - very nice!
3Lz+2T+2Lo - lutz looked slight "e"
3F
FCCoSp
3Lo
3S
ChSt
CCoSp

Very nice skate, only one mistake. 1 quad, 2 triple axels and 6 other triples. Much better than at SC

Score: 88.62+81.84 = 170.46, 253.16, 1st out of 7

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
TES box says 90+ Am paranoid that number is going to go down...

Becki

Medalist
If the technical panel downgrade Oda's quad (again!), I don't know what I will do....

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
I thought Oda was on fire at the end, during the footwork!!

He always comes to life in that section. The Skating Lesson had a funny bit on this. But the first part of the program was so slow, and although he landed the jumps, he did so squeaking many of them out- and a few looked under-rotated.

Good for Oda on landing all jumps after 'tripling' first quad but that program made me want to go put the kettle on. Very bland choreography.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
If the technical panel downgrade Oda's second quad (again!), I don't know what I will do....

Oda only did one quad. he popped the first one. That said, yeah, they better not UR it...it was clean!

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Good for Oda on landing all jumps after 'tripling' first quad but that program made me want to go put the kettle on. Very bland choreography.

I love his spunk but the program is blah and then a bit cheesy at the end, but he does his best to bring it to life in that final section.

apple123

On the Ice
He always comes to life in that section. The Skating Lesson had a funny bit on this. But the first part of the program was so slow, and although he landed the jumps, he did so squeaking many of them out- and a few looked under-rotated.

Wow, you are really nice.

I love his spunk but the program is blah and then a bit cheesy at the end, but he does his best to bring it to life in that final section.

Yeah I like how light over the ice he is and how bouncy his movement is. He's a lovely skater who deserves more interesting choreography.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Yeah I like how light over the ice he is and how bouncy his movement is. He's a lovely skater who deserves more interesting choreography.

I would love to see him get a really inventive program to interpret. He has the skill to do so!

Becki

Medalist
OMG 170+ ! THANK GOODNESS. I think this compensates for lowballing him in the SP!!! yeaaaa