Ice Dance FD - 2014 European Championships | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance FD - 2014 European Championships

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Riazanova/Tkatchenko didn't even bother to accentuate the music. They did one element after the other, and there would be a big "bang" in the music, and that would be in the middle of an element, and they wouldn't make any move to go with it. The music was just a backdrop to their elements.
Speaking of elements... oooh, those twizzles... :no:

Riazanova/Tkachenko's FD started really well with some very strong lifts. But then she blew the twizzles, the second step sequence was slow and it just fizzled out at the end. The choreography... well not much choreography to speak about... Their upper body movement was quite neat, though.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
hello everyone :), just watched end of Riazanova/Tkachenko FD and her dress is very similar to Meryl's olympic FD dress, this whole dance is very poor attempt of closing to what Davis/White did imo

Florencito

Medalist
Quite low, Vika and Ruslan can do it. Let's hope they won't get a deductions galore as at the Universiadi. Davai!!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
so it looks like Brits will get a bronze...for me ver unexpected...

WOW! I was not expecting that from Sinitsina/Zhiganshin. AMAZING!

Tons of transitions in the program, skated with a lot of power, speed and attack throughout. Deep and smooth edges. Really strong elements. It was a whole package. Should be 3rd (but won't :p).

If this loses to R/T...

Florencito

Medalist
Before the music changed I thought the program was about to finish and I was like "OMG why such a low tes, the heck happend?!" then thankfully it went on :laugh:
Anyway good performance, should be fourth

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
oh oh...
Zhiganshin had 3 little stumbles...
This competition between R/T and S/Z is a good example of how preessure can affect your performance. I won't expand on the idea of the russian N°4 pair having a private test skate in Russia and proving they can perform better there than both those couples do here... :rolleye:
I'd give them the lead over R/T, but I think they'll stay behind the Brits...

elif

Medalist
Sinitsina/Zhiganshin's skating skills looks better than the other european teams like Coomes/Buckland and Zhiganshina/Gazsi.

The quality of S/Z's program and skating skills was in a completely different universe to C/B's... :mad:

I 'loved' how after she fell on the twizzles, Ilinykh basically gave up (as she usually does when mistakes happen) and just walked through the diagonal step sequence like it was a 6am practice session...

Tesla

Final Flight
I 'loved' how after she fell on the twizzles, Ilinykh basically gave up (as she usually does when mistakes happen) and just walked through the diagonal step sequence like it was a 6am practice session...

:laugh: I have an image of her walking on the ice.