Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin | Page 36 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin

noidont

Final Flight
Yeah Joanne Conway was fascinating. I will always remember how one of the two guys (don't know which) couldn't contain himself seeing Valentina Marchei's dress last season, and Conway was like, you bad bad boy...Too bad this season I haven't been able to find a reliable Eurosport feed that doesn't choke.

If being honest, I'm one of those who still secretly hopes that Nikita and Viktoria would tank so bad that I&K would get back together in time for Korea....IZ was good and she is still as sparkling as ever, and he does present her very well, but does very little more than that. Given time I think Ruslan might find his inner dramatic quality eventually and let out his emotions, but right now, he still looks very reserved and shy. I can't imagine Ruslan ever pumpng his fists at the end of a skate like drama king Nikita always did. I miss that.

bramweld

Record Breaker
That's where I don't miss Nikita, too puffed up for me. I really like Ruslan's character. I think I/Z fit better in terms of temperament than I/K. Their is a genuine tenderness, understanding between the two, or at the very least it appears so. I only sensed tension and resentment on Nikita's part on and off during the partnership.

I hope Sin/Kat do well so that Lena and Ruslan do not have to endure any more talk of I/K EVER getting back together, puhlease.

Alba

Record Breaker
That's where I don't miss Nikita, too puffed up for me. I really like Ruslan's character. I think I/Z fit better in terms of temperament than I/K. Their is a genuine tenderness, understanding between the two, or at the very least it appears so. I only sensed tension and resentment on Nikita's part on and off during the partnership.

I hope Sin/Kat do well so that Lena and Ruslan do not have to endure any more talk of I/K EVER getting back together, puhlease.

100 times this. :thumbsup:

And guys, in 6 months they are skating clores together in dance holds than I&K did in their entire career. :sarcasm:
Give these two some time.

@Meoima: Yes, Mark Hanretty and Nicky comm. CoC

Alba

Record Breaker
I realised I haven't express my two cents on their programs, their FD in particular.
I know it's very important what I think :sarcasm: :laugh:, so here we are. :p

As I said, I love their FD. With more time will become even better. So, I'm not going to add anything more from what you all have already said.

Their FD is OK.
I think it's a bit traditional. I think the music cut works but I would've preferred Secret Garden only.
Cleopatra's music add too much drama to it. Considering that they have the drama in PD already, I wanted to see something lighter which shows them only. Something on the spirit of P&C.

I think they could've had a much better FD. Having two perfect programs like P&C, would've helped them a lot.
You have to have the right weapons and BINGO. Sorry to say this, but the Russian choreo. in ID are not getting it.

Anyway, the good news is that this program has room for improvements. So, hopefully it will become better and stronger in time for Worlds.

Meoima

Match Penalty
@Meoima: Yes, Mark Hanretty and Nicky comm. CoC
Oh, thank you. No wonder they sound so cold in the Men FS. Poor Han Yan for "seeing starts" =__=''.

About I/Z, personally I don't think why people are still missing I//K. With me it's like this:

1) Before the split
S/Z = A mermaid who has just gotten 2 legs having trouble with walking and a fisher-boy. :laugh:
I/K = 2 divas who were standing together. They stood out because they're divas. But do you expect 2 divas on the same stage for to long?

2) After the split
S/K = A mermaid who is still having trouble with walking and expressing her emotions and a cold prince charming who might be in love with himself only.
I/Z = A young dynamic couple with rawness and fire. Let's hope the best out of them!! :laugh:

bramweld

Record Breaker
I realised I haven't express my two cents on their programs, their FD in particular.
I know it's very important what I think :sarcasm: :laugh:, so here we are. :p

As I said, I love their FD. With more time will become even better. So, I'm not going to add anything more from what you all have already said.

Their FD is OK.
I think it's a bit traditional. I think the music cut works but I would've preferred Secret Garden only.
Cleopatra's music add too much drama to it. Considering that they have the drama in PD already, I wanted to see something lighter which shows them only. Something on the spirit of P&C.

I think they could've had a much better FD. Having two perfect programs like P&C, would've helped them a lot.
You have to have the right weapons and BINGO. Sorry to say this, but the Russian choreo. in ID are not getting it.

Anyway, the good news is that this program has room for improvements. So, hopefully it will become better and stronger in time for Worlds.

You know they probably only had Appasionata, but were probably informed to change it after closed rentals. This reminds me of how they instructed B/S to add the Tosca piece to their "Crazy" FD. Some of the experts in Russia are just afraid to let go of the past and some of their athletes suffer as a result. Unless they leave like Kats and Sin. Maybe this was a large reason for their split; Nikita wanted out of Russian politics but Lena couldn't bear to leave home.

As for me the Appasionata would seem too gloomy by itself. I likie the current mix. I cannot tell you the number of times I've watched it. They are both unusual and beautiful, let it be their "thing".

Alba

Record Breaker
You know they probably only had Appasionata, but were probably informed to change it after closed rentals. This reminds me of how they instructed B/S to add the Tosca piece to their "Crazy" FD. Some of the experts in Russia are just afraid to let go of the past and some of their athletes suffer as a result. .

Yep. I do agree with this. It does remind me that thing about Tosca with B&S.
I wonder if putting Karponosov as the head of ID in Russia will help them "modernise" a bit though. :think:

Maybe this was a large reason for their split; Nikita wanted out of Russian politics but Lena couldn't bear to leave home.

Nah, I don't believe that for a second.

As for me the Appasionata would seem too gloomy by itself. I likie the current mix. I cannot tell you the number of times I've watched it. They are both unusual and beautiful, let it be their "thing"

With the right choreo it wouldn't seem too gloomy, and there are other musics. Anyway, I like them a lot.
I just wanted for them to have two wonderful programs. Like the FD matching the SD, but as I said there is a lot of room for improvement here. :yes:

Hoperakova

Spectator
Hi everyone! There is a misspelling in the title of this thread: Ruslans' surname is ZhigaNshin, "n" is missing. Who and how can change the title? I'm a newcomer and not sure that I should mention it right here, but I don't know where else...

Meoima

Match Penalty
I find I/Z FD quite alright for debut. Of course it's still raw and need some refinement, some retouch. But other than that I like the drama. I think their FD more enjoyable than their Sd, mainly because of the costumes.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Though I/K were a good skating couple, it's clear their working relationship off the ice was... not good. Staying together could be very toxic for both of them in the long run. I mean, if they never split in the first place, I guess it's sorta workable... But if Elena goes back to Nikita now, after all the things he's said (calling her mistake-prone when his mistake cost them Worlds?)... it reeks of someone going back to an unhealthy relationship.

I hope Nikita's new partnership goes well so that both teams can push each other. I/Z have already shown promise, and it's better to build on that solid start. Trying to recapture the lost magic of I/K would also mean going back to what was a toxic environment for both Elena and Nikita.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Actually, after seeing what Marina has done to C/L, I am not surprised that S/K will turn out to be a clone of her previous "creations"

Alba

Record Breaker
Though I/K were a good skating couple, it's clear their working relationship off the ice was... not good. Staying together could be very toxic for both of them in the long run. I mean, if they never split in the first place, I guess it's sorta workable... But if Elena goes back to Nikita now, after all the things he's said (calling her mistake-prone when his mistake cost them Worlds?)... it reeks of someone going back to an unhealthy relationship.

I hope Nikita's new partnership goes well so that both teams can push each other. I/Z have already shown promise, and it's better to build on that solid start. Trying to recapture the lost magic of I/K would also mean going back to what was a toxic environment for both Elena and Nikita.

There is nothing to suggest that she intends to go back to him. On the contrary, from I&Z skating I saw only happiness and relief from her.

I think it's only fan's of I&K wishful thinking. They still have not got over them, yet.

Alba

Record Breaker
Apparently Marina wants to display the beauty of S/K tomorrow during an open practice. C/L and the Shibs RUN! You are not priorities for Ms. Zueva at this time. Wow.

I think that's the FED tbh. They have a competition in few days, and they have no idea how their programs are.
They didn't have the FD ready when they skated for the officials in August (?). So it's natural that they want to check.

Alba

Record Breaker
Actually, they were in Russia a month ago, apparently Gorshkov only rated their work as satisfactory so maybe they need to see if they've made any significant improvements since that time. My two sense, they should have just played by the rules and showed up at closed rentals in August like any other team.

It was september right? I guess their FD was not completely finished. In anycase, I don't think this open skate is unusual.
They train in US, and the FED doesn't get the chance to check on them as much as the other ID teams in Russia.
I think it's normal for the FED and the media to see them before their debut.

Anyway, let's not discuss them in our beloved ID team topic. Let their fans, if there are :p, talk about them in their own topic. ;)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
There is nothing to suggest that she intends to go back to him. On the contrary, from I&Z skating I saw only happiness and relief from her.

I think it's only fan's of I&K wishful thinking. They still have not got over them, yet.
I know. I, too, sense genuine relief and happiness from Elena, especially during the gala. Another reason why I don't want her to go back. I was just responding to those who want I/K to get back together: While I understand why some people would miss them, I think the split might be good for both parties in the long run.

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
I think that's the FED tbh. They have a competition in few days, and they have no idea how their programs are.
They didn't have the FD ready when they skated for the officials in August (?). So it's natural that they want to check.

If it's the fed, why let the public in?