Best & Worst: Costumes | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Best & Worst: Costumes

Interspectator

Record Breaker
The only other male costume that stood out was Hanyu's LP, which I think was a disaster. Most of the male costumes are really boring, monotone, or over the top. Verner was modest and it just fit with the program and his looks.

Right! Thanks for reminding me. Verner's costume was perfect for Dueling Banjos. What a wonderful program.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Golly, I'm honored my avatar is getting mentioned so often :eek::

cruzceleste

Record Breaker

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Right! Thanks for reminding me. Verner's costume was perfect for Dueling Banjos. What a wonderful program.

Agree completely -- Tomas' outfit looked great and he skated the daylights out of that program at Worlds. :yay: It was so much fun to watch! Wish he could have followed it up with a better LP performance... :cry:

gourry

Final Flight
Holy Cow!!!! When did he wear that thing ? That's not his " Send In The Clowns " costume is it?

lol I believe it was his Pagliacci program. i remember watching him at SA that year, and he looked quite annoyed there. Can't say if he was annoyed by his costume or the screeching fan girl there. :p

Brian Joubert:

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/8758/post141223227742.jpg (when did he wear this nightmare costume?)

IIRC, it was his The Last of the Mohicans program. :)
Later he changed his costume(or program?), but it was equally meh...

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
:jaw:

Ohlordhavemercy, that's gruesome! Pink is one of my favorite colors but that shirt... :eek: And the green scarf/tie on top of that :eek: :eek:

I'm gobsmacked.

You can see more detail in the video...the bling! That collar! And what does any of it have to do with Bach's "Toccata and Fugue"? Well - perhaps he can claim he was in a fugue state when he got dressed. ;)

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
It is not too surprising that Tonya Harding's costumes did not look like they were made by Vera Wang--her mother made them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsPS1bhAj6c

This costume looks dreadful closeup, but I've got to say that from the arena seats, it looked very cool.

Not to mention that today's monitors likely look a lot better/show more detail, than many of the ancient TVs we were watching her on back in the 90s. Honestly I am not sure her costumes are that much worse than the others over the area. I like most of hers better than just about anything with poofy shoulders.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Help me out here. Who was the pairs skater (pretty sure it was pairs, not dance) who wore an outfit that had tassels on her breasts like a stripper (but fully covered on top, of course)? She was Ukrainian, I think.