2015 Worlds Men Free Skate March 28 | Page 88 | Golden Skate

2015 Worlds Men Free Skate March 28

chairmanmao

Final Flight
I'm saying that in my opinion, D10 deserved silver, however given how the system works, it's understandable that he got bronze. Plenty of times people have felt that a skater deserved a placement or score based on their overall performance, but once they look at the protocols it makes sense their score/placement. D10 still went for two quads (including quad-triple) and two axels - landing one of each quad/3A and a minor error on the other - and a fantastic series and his performance and skating quality (IMO) was better than Hanyu/Fernandez.

Same with Hongo .... IMO, she DESERVED 4th, but it makes sense that she didn't get 4th once you look at the protocols and see her deductions. She still had the best performance of the night, in my opinion (and in the opinion of others).

Denis Ten was absolutely without a doubt the best today. After seeing his program I wouldn't even feel bad if he took the title away from Javi. Performance wise this was better than the one at 4CC.

Near

On the Ice
Country
Canada
I just saw Denis' performance and wow:shocked:. Easily the best LP performance of the season. So underscored he was without a doubt over ten points over overscored Hanyu. His PCS should have been easily over 90. :drama: Aargh Why does he have to that music swap fiasco in the SP? I sincerely hope he keeps this for another season because this LP deserves a world title. I can never forgave the Canadian Federation for that blatant highway robbery of Denis' world title. Ten should have been a World Champion by now.
Well, he would be by now if he was more consistent. He *won* the LP in both 2013 and 2015. The problem wasn't the judging, it was his SP.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Thank god for no more POTO and Gerard Butler's gargle - like singing

There is still Gala! ...and some may repeat their programs, so I wouldn't get out the champagne bottles out yet!

I think ISU should create a public poll where the fans can vote for which music should be banned for next season every season. Good for public relations. Cost nothing, gather some interest.

zebobes

Final Flight
I would like to see Adam get a GP spot. And Josh. And Max.

Also Misha Ge in 6th. Woot! Let's hear it for the artistes!:cheer2:

Since they all finished in te top twelve, I believe they will all be guaranteed two spots on the Grand Prix. Other than Max, that is.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Denis Ten was absolutely without a doubt the best today. After seeing his program I wouldn't even feel bad if he took the title away from Javi. Performance wise this was better than the one at 4CC.

I actually think he had a much better performance at 4CC. It felt that he was just sort of fighting more to get through the jumps, both in the SP and FS. Hanyu also kind of had a similar scenario -- fighting through the program, especially the FS.

I feel Javi had the best two programs and is the rightful champion today.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I´m sooo happy for Javi winning the gold medal!!!! And congratulations to Yuzu and Denis, too!!! Brian Orser had a great day, Javi and Yuzu being 1st and 2nd on the podium and Nam being 4th in the freeskate. I hope Nam gets now more reputation and will get higher PCS next season.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I just saw Denis' performance and wow:shocked:. Easily the best LP performance of the season. So underscored he was without a doubt over ten points over overscored Hanyu. His PCS should have been easily over 90. :drama: Aargh Why does he have to that music swap fiasco in the SP? I sincerely hope he keeps this for another season because this LP deserves a world title. I can never forgave the Canadian Federation for that blatant highway robbery of Denis' world title. Ten should have been a World Champion by now.
Blatant highway robbery is probably a bit much. Maybe we could say that about Chock and BAtes this year or how underscored weaver and poje were. Or how Hanyu was overmarked at the olympics compared to Chan who did fall splat like Hanyu. Or how about how overmarked Katarina Witt was consistently with garbage triples compared to Ito, thomas and Manley. Or how Davis and white got such high pcs and scores cmpared to V and M in the end. It really is interpretation I guess. That being said I Javier's skating skills/pcs are not of the h ighest level look at the edge, glide, depth and compare it to Hanyu whohas improved bu t not of the leels of Lambiel or Chan or Buttle - those three you could just watch them stroke. Amazing.

makaihime

Final Flight
This event was scored nicely....The podium was correct and the LP was scored actually incredibility fair. :shocked: Very surprised Yuzuru managed to nab Silver considering...well everything. I'm amazed he did as well as he did. He should be proud of himself, I know I am. :clap:

So happy for Javier! Very well deserved, shame about the mistakes but he should be very proud of himself. :cheer2: Good thing the judges got this right.

I was not surprised with Denis. He peaked too early and I knew he wouldn't be able to deliver like that again so soon. I was worried he might not even medal depending on the day so I'm happy with the bronze.

Jason's like last years Kovtun....4th but so far behind in point :slink: Good for him for delivering and maintain US's 3 spots. Not sure about his some of his protocols but its negligible considering his performance.

I feel terrible for Kozu, Mura, Han Yan, and Adam. :hopelessness:

chairmanmao

Final Flight
Well, he would be by now if he was more consistent. He *won* the LP in both 2013 and 2015. The problem wasn't the judging, it was his SP.

Hanyu was overscored in the SP, he should have been below Fernandez. In fairness Denis was also overscored but in the LP I clearly felt Ten made up for the difference to overtake Hanyu.

Near

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Since they all finished in te top twelve, I believe they will all be guaranteed two spots on the Grand Prix. Other than Max, that is.

Really glad to hear Misha is getting two guaranteed assignments next year. He's a joy to watch skate.

HanDomi

Record Breaker

That's pretty ridicolous what you are saying. While I can agree about Chan/Ten 2013 case, saying that Ten should take silve or even won here is.... :laugh2:

Sackie

Medalist
Yes. You're not allowed three of any double or triple or quad. Two 2A's are fine -- a second 2A attempt does not have to be in combination.

Still confused cause on the score sheet she only did 2 double toes! Or was the second 2A SEQ suppose to have a 2T?

Last edited:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Hanyu was overscored in the SP, he should have been below Fernandez. In fairness Denis was also overscored but in the LP I clearly felt Ten made up for the difference to overtake Hanyu.

How Hanyu was overscored in SP ? He had higher TES than Javier, and you would give higher PCS to Javier over Hanyu ? Please... He shouldn't have higher PCS here either than Hanyu and Ten but he is the right winner

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Had to throw Max in there,;) but thanks for the confirmation.

Sabrina

Record Breaker

OMG! I don'y know how to thank you...WOW...to understand my happiness I have to say that one of the things I miss after moving into Canada is Eurosport, mainly the British one. So imagine my surprise after the big frustration with CBC. It is much better to watch figure skating with some pertinent commentary than the raw/freezing material from CBC. And the British are my favourite by far! So THANK YOU!: :clap::clap::clap:
And I am also so happy for Javi, I didn't even dare to think he may win, when Izuru is on. Great outcome for a great skater, Javi fully deserves this title. The other wonderful bonuses come from Nam and Jason. WOW!!! I still have to watch Nam, as I missed his program and all who skated earlier.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

Well said but he is a great skater but then again there are a lot of great skater - it is pulling it together consistently.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France

Denis' SP at 2013 Worlds was excellent. The problem WAS the judging. Patrick Chan was completely held up. He didn't deserve to have such a large point gap in the SP and of course his LP was a joke.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

His LP at 4CC was better, IMO. Also, the Canadian federation didn't give Chan the title over Ten, so quit with the conspiracy theories. If Ten wanted to win Worlds in 2013 (which he should have anyways) he needed to have not doubled two of his planned triples... and also he didn't benefit from being an unexpected podium placer.

If he wanted to beat Hanyu here, he should have made two errors (including a fall) in his SP, and had two turn/stepouts in his LP (which was still very good).

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Had to throw Max in there,;) but thanks for the confirmation.

And now I will take my cue ;) to follow up with my stupid questions re Max Aaron:

The ISU World Standings have been updated today with the Shanghai results.

Max is now #11 on the list (and Machida is #6, so Max is in the top ten among active skaters). So ...:

- How do World Standings play into GP assignments?

- And do skaters earn World Standings points at WTT? (Asking in case Max gets assigned ....)​

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Denis' SP at 2013 Worlds was excellent. The problem WAS the judging. Patrick Chan was completely held up. He didn't deserve to have such a large point gap in the SP and of course his LP was a joke.

The point gap was fine, but both Ten and Chan were overscored. Ten should have been slightly less than 90 and Chan around 96.