Lipnitskaia is asked to move to pairs | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Lipnitskaia is asked to move to pairs

dailytg20

On the Ice
I have no cultural context, only Google Translate, so forgive me when I say Oleg Vasiliev sounds like a complete jerk here.

If I were Julia and some dude put this out in the press I would promptly lift my leg high up to the side of my face, change edges and gracefully glide in the opposite direction.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
well morgan cipres wasn't happy with vanessa.. so maybe julia could skate for france and skate with him...

we canadians, will recuperate vanessa and mervin... and make mervanessa ;)

Vanessa may have been born in Canada, but she is from Bermuda. That is where her family is from, and it is also where she grew up.

Hence, why she started off representing Great Britain (and how she became British Ladies Champion in 2006).

So, sorry to disappoint you, but we have first refusal on her! ;) :biggrin:

And let's face it, the British team could do with having her back.

Although, I do like the sound of "mervanessa"... :)

CaroLiza_fan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Vanessa may have been born in Canada, but she is from Bermuda. That is where her family is from, and it is also where she grew up.

Hence, why she started off representing Great Britain (and how she became British Ladies Champion in 2006).

So, sorry to disappoint you, but we have first refusal on her! ;) :biggrin:

And let's face it, the British team could do with having her back.

Although, I do like the sound of "mervanessa"... :)

CaroLiza_fan

sorry... i know she skated for GB but just bypassed that fact until there's a pair dude for her back there... honestly, that's for lack of British men that she skates for France right? Canada is waiting for her. We will treat her nicely ;)

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
well morgan cipres wasn't happy with vanessa.. so maybe julia could skate for france and skate with him...

we canadians, will recuperate vanessa and mervin... and make mervanessa ;)

considering Russia is in big trouble with its pairs skating with S and K out right now as well as K and S and V and T pregnant that leaves T and M who are boring and just bombed and blew an 8pt lead. Perhaps Kavaguti would lend Smirnov - they have two months to get ready for nationals lol. Julia better stop being afraid of being tossed around the ice and Smirnov better start flexing those muscles into an i spin or bielleman pronto! Someone needs to save Russia's dignity as they risk not having three teams at the Olympics - oh the shame. What's next Adam and Ashley sharing the same music and costumes. Jason cuts off his pony tail. Vanessa and Morgan get married. I and K get back together?

Last edited:

hanca

Record Breaker
considering Russia is in big trouble with its pairs skating with S and K out right now as well as K and S and V and T pregnant that leaves T and M who are boring and just bombed and blew an 8pt lead. Perhaps Kavaguti would lend Smirnov - they have two months to get ready for nationals lol. Julia better stop being afraid of being tossed around the ice and Smirnov better start flexing those muscles into an i spin or bielleman pronto! Someone needs to save Russia's dignity as they risk not having three teams at the Olympics - oh the shame. What's next Adam and Ashley sharing the same music and costumes. Jason cuts off his pony tail. Vanessa and James get married. I and K get back together?
I don't think Russia is in trouble with pairs. The last worlds before the Olympics (worlds 2013) they placed in pairs 1st, 6th and 7th. In fact, Stolbova/Klimov who got silver at the olympics were not even sent to those worlds because they were not good enough. And yet they stepped up and delivered when it was neeed. No one can say at this stage whether Stolbova/Klimov will be healthy to compete next season or whether Tarasova/Morozov will step up, but they are not really any worse off than the other countries. China - their main hope is just going to miss a half of the season because Sui had the surgery. The only country that can be considered better off is Canada, but at the Olympics the one who has been winning the last four years is not always the one who delivers at the Olympics. Look at Savchenko/Szolkowy - gold medal at worlds 2008 and 2009 and then bronze at 2010 Olympics. Gold medal at worlds 2011 and 2012 and then another bronze at 2014 Olympics. So if I was Duhamel/Radford, I wouldn't celebrate their Olympic gold yet.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I wonder what her sponsors think if she is not able to make out of the Nationals to the 2017 Worlds and the 2018 Olympics?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wonder what her sponsors think if she is not able to make out of the Nationals to the 2017 Worlds and the 2018 Olympics?
Adidas is a great company and they know even in troubled times she has a strong following. For whatever reason she has a strange appeal and since they signed a contract up thru 2018 I doubt they'd drop her yet still have to pay her. Her insta posts have huge traffic numbers and she represents adidas in a lot of those posts. They are the main sponsor she needs other than the federation. If the federation is giving Adelina money to perform in Ilya's shows basically then they have no reason to cut Yulia who can bring in fans and grow the sport around Sochi.

Just my take of course and I'm hardly unbiased in regard to my favorite skater :)