2018 Winter Olympics Tickets | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2018 Winter Olympics Tickets

Sam L

Medalist
Cartan is offering a travel package that included the Welli Hilli Park Resort, I would suggest you to take a look or ask to your country resseller

The travel packages with accommodation, you need to book like 4 events and are even more expensive. Thanks but I did find something. Just so expensive. Seriously. Did they not think about this when planning.

Congrats! May I ask where did you get your ticket? All the agents (Hong Kong and Australia) I tried seem completely sold out or only have team events... :palmf:

I got the package with another non-Figure Skating event.

I would now like to get the Ladies Free Skate though. Not sure how. I think by Oct, it would be sold out?

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice
The travel packages with accommodation, you need to book like 4 events and are even more expensive. Thanks but I did find something. Just so expensive. Seriously. Did they not think about this when planning.

I got the package with another non-Figure Skating event.

I would now like to get the Ladies Free Skate though. Not sure how. I think by Oct, it would be sold out?

I see, I saw the package as well, but only team events and ladies short left in the package... (with other non-figure skating events) :drama: the next round of ticket will be available for Korean residents on 5th Sept, and overseas residents from 1st of Oct, really not sure about the ticket state by that time.

seabm7

Final Flight

If I remember correctly, Ladies' Free Skate was not sold out, when the ticket lottery was offered to the Korean public. It looks like the ticket scalpers gave up theirs when the deadline came for the payment. I think it will depend on how the Korean ladies do during the Grand Prix series.

Men's Free Skate was definitely sold out.

seabm7

Final Flight

The accommodation problem at Gangneung is a scandal in Korea. The merchants are asking 10 times the normal price during the Olympic period.

It looks like there are barely enough hotels to accommodate the officials/contractors. Inns and guest houses are reserved up-front by travel agencies for foreigners.

Korean fans are just praying that there would be enough train/bus services during the games, so that they can commute daily from home or nearby cities. This is doable, if the government/organizers handle the task carefully.

(By the way, the previous Korean President and her government were quite incompetent, which was one of the reasons why she got impeached.)

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
Is it allowed in Korea to rent an apartment by Airbnb, or is it prohibited by law? It could be a good possibility for the ones who are looking for accomodation

Last edited:

seabm7

Final Flight
Is it allowed in Korea to rent an apartment by Airbnb, or is it prohibited by law? It could be a good possibility for the ones who are looking for accomodation

It depends. If the host is renting out a room after having registered with the local government, it is OK. Otherwise it's illegal. For example, renting out the entire apartment is illegal. For the Gangneung area, the local government is under pressure to loosen the regulation. But last time I heard, they were hesitant.

Ender

Match Penalty
My friend says there will be another ticket sell in September? Is there any chance some tickets will be left? Thank you very much.

twizzlesandturns

Rinkside
So how can a foreigner get any of the tickets? I really want to get tickets for mens SP and FS but they're in such high demand I'm afraid there won't be any left by the time Oct rolls around. Are there any secondhand tickets website people are buying and selli g on?

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
So how can a foreigner get any of the tickets? I really want to get tickets for mens SP and FS but they're in such high demand I'm afraid there won't be any left by the time Oct rolls around. Are there any secondhand tickets website people are buying and selli g on?

Official resellers have some tickets saved for their clients. Search for your country reseller and ask, usually they are really kind

seabm7

Final Flight
My friend says there will be another ticket sell in September? Is there any chance some tickets will be left? Thank you very much.

They will open online sale for Korean residents in September. The online sale will be extended to the entire World in October.

https://tickets.pyeongchang2018.com/Service/FAQ

FAQ No. 2

* Yes, If you have not won the lottery, you can purchase ticket on this website from 2017.09.05 until the end of Games real-time, first-come first-serve basis.
(You may purchase tickets even if you have won the lottery. However, price level you want may be sold out.)

* Overseas online site will be opened from 2017.10.1~end of Games.

* Also, Tickets can be purchased at the Main Ticket Center (Seoul City Hall, Gangwon Provincial Hall, Gangneung City Hall) and outlets (Gimpo, Incheon Airport / 19 KTX stations**) from 6 November 2017.

** 19 KTX stations (Seoul, Yongsan, Yeongdeungpo, Suwon, Cheongnyangni, Donghae, Jecheon, Daejeon, Cheonan- Asan, Iksan, Gwangju Songjeong, Mokpo, Suncheon, Yeosu, Yeongju, Busan, Ulsan, Dongdaeju, Masan)

* Starting 8 February 2018, you will be able to purchase tickets at the box office near the venue.

I think there will be tickets left for pairs and ice dances even in October. Men's, highly unlikely. Ladies', maybe.

Sam L

Medalist
If I remember correctly, Ladies' Free Skate was not sold out, when the ticket lottery was offered to the Korean public. It looks like the ticket scalpers gave up theirs when the deadline came for the payment. I think it will depend on how the Korean ladies do during the Grand Prix series.

Men's Free Skate was definitely sold out.

Thanks I'll try to get the Ladies free skate tickets.

The accommodation problem at Gangneung is a scandal in Korea. The merchants are asking 10 times the normal price during the Olympic period.

It looks like there are barely enough hotels to accommodate the officials/contractors. Inns and guest houses are reserved up-front by travel agencies for foreigners.

Korean fans are just praying that there would be enough train/bus services during the games, so that they can commute daily from home or nearby cities. This is doable, if the government/organizers handle the task carefully.

(By the way, the previous Korean President and her government were quite incompetent, which was one of the reasons why she got impeached.)

I got a guesthouse but I'm tempted to just stay in Seoul and catch the train in for the events. I don't particularly want to stay in Gangneung and I'm going for one and maybe two events during the day.

When is the high speed rail from Incheon/Seoul to Gangneung finishing?

seabm7

Final Flight
I got a guesthouse but I'm tempted to just stay in Seoul and catch the train in for the events. I don't particularly want to stay in Gangneung and I'm going for one and maybe two events during the day.

When is the high speed rail from Incheon/Seoul to Gangneung finishing?

The KTX line will be completed at the end of the year. But be careful before you cancel the reservation. The competition will start 10 in the morning. I would wait until they announce the train schedule. I hope they will arrange enough trains during the very early morning time to transport thousands of people. Otherwise, it will be a big headache/laments/tears/etc.

ETD:

According to what's reported by newspapers so far:

* 51 KTX trains per day during the Olympic games

* 3 departure terminals at the Seoul Metropolitan area:
** 16 trains from Incheon Airport (8 trains stop at Seoul Station)
** 20 trains from Cheongnyangni Station
** 15 trains from Sangbong Station

* It's not clear to me if the final destination of all the 51 trains will be Gangneung. The newspaper reports are inconsistent.

Incheon Airport is the western end of the Metropolitan area. Cheongnyangni and Sangbong Stations are at the eastern end. The train line between the western and the eastern ends is already overbooked, so they have to limit the number of trains departing from Incheon Airport.

asiacheetah

On the Ice
The KTX line will be completed at the end of the year. But be careful before you cancel the reservation. The competition will start 10 in the morning. I would wait until they announce the train schedule. I hope they will arrange enough trains during the very early morning time to transport thousands of people. Otherwise, it will be a big headache/laments/tears/etc.

ETD:

* It's not clear to me if the final destination of all the 51 trains will be Gangneung. The newspaper reports are inconsistent.

Incheon Airport is the western end of the Metropolitan area. Cheongnyangni and Sangbong Stations are at the eastern end. The train line between the western and the eastern ends is already overbooked, so they have to limit the number of trains departing from Incheon Airport.

Thanks for the info.

I got accommodation with Airbnb for part of the time in Gangneung mainly because of the early morning or late evening events. I'm planning on taking the train daily for Alpine events since there are no accommodations close to the ski events without a car. You can get a 3-5-7 day pass for KTX for non-residents/foreigners. I'm hoping that trains runs early enough and that it doesn't take too long from Seoul to Gangneung since I don't have room the night before Men SP.

asiacheetah

On the Ice
Has anyone bought from viagogo.com? (for the secondhand tickets) Are they reliable?

I've bought from them before for WTT tickets. They are MASSIVELY marked up. I would wait before purchasing from them. General tickets are offered in October. Others have talked about the seller to seller offer if people have extra tickets. Viagogo is basically scalping tickets so there's as an exhorbitant mark-up. Don't be like me and pay 4 figures for a ticket.

seabm7

Final Flight
I'm hoping that trains runs early enough and that it doesn't take too long from Seoul to Gangneung since I don't have room the night before Men SP.

From Incheon Airport to Gangneung, it takes about two hours.

From Cheongnyangni Station, about one hour and 15 minutes.

From Sangbong Station, about one hour and 10 minutes.

You may have seen this, the transportation plan from the Organizers website:

https://www.pyeongchang2018.com/en/spectator-guide/transportation-Information

I just noticed that they swabbed the Railyway map and the National autoway map in the English version at the bottom. I will try to alert the Organizers to the mistake.

Sam L

Medalist

ETD:

Thanks. No way I'm cancelling but I have to make my final decisions depending on whether I can get the Free Skate tickets. Oh yes, there'll be more than tears if I miss Alina's Black Swan at the Olympics.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I know politics is forbidden here but I am sure it's not about russophobia or sanctions against Russia - it's just decisions of some crooks from Cosport.

Today they started to offer premium packages, the so called New Horizons: premium seats with the half day access to lounge area. OK I was fast and I booked the gala. The asked price was steep - $5000 for 2 tickets but that's life. I started to pay and in the last moment they recalculated the price in rubles and it grew to $6600. Man, I became furious - why do I have to pay $1600 more than an American? What kind of price discrimination is it? Looks like I won't see the gala live.

Correction: after my angry letter they changed the price back to $2500. Said it was a mistake and not any games.

twizzlesandturns

Rinkside
Hi. Does anyone know if the physical tickets need to be sent when changing hands? are there names on the tickets to identify the owner and do they need to be changed?