2018 Winter Olympics Tickets | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2018 Winter Olympics Tickets

lavenderlush

Rinkside
According to the local Korean news,

http://news.kbs.co.kr/news/view.do?ncd=3493546

among the people who won the ticket lottery, only 25% actually bought the tickets. They did not say a separate number for figure skating.

Due to this, they are reopening the ticket website for the people who applied for the ticket lottery, 2 pm Korean time today (June 7) until 23:59 June 16. This time, they will actually sell the tickets. It's not lottery. First come first served. One should pay for the tickets right away.

ETD: As of June 7th 4:50 pm Korean time:

Men's Free, Men's Short, and Gala - Gone
Ladies' Free: Becoming rare.

Oh no, my friend was too late. :sad4:

Is the online general sales on September open to everyone? The ticketing site says you must be a resident of Korea who is at least 14 years old, but this post on the IFS Facebook page implies that anyone can purchase tickets on the 5th of September. :scratch2:

[Edit] If anyone happens to have extra tickets for the Men’s Free A/B, please PM me. Thank you! :)

seabm7

Final Flight
For the sold out events, does this mean that there will only be 30% of tickets left by September's sale? Seeing as the goal was to have Korean residents fill up 70% of the seats.

No, the math is rather complicated. This time they opened 60% x 70% = 42% of the tickets for Korean residents. The rest is for September and beyond.

lavenderlush

Rinkside
Yes, it is also my understanding that the September sale is open to everyone.

Ooohh, I saw this on the FAQ section of the ticketing site:

Q: Will there be another chance if I lose out in the Online Lottery Sales?

A: Yes, If you have not won the lottery, you can purchase ticket on this website from 2017.09.05 until the end of Games real-time, first-come first-serve basis.
(You may purchase tickets even if you have won the lottery. However, price level you want may be sold out.)

* Overseas online sit will be opened from 2017.10.1~end of Games.

Also, Tickets can be purchased at the Main Ticket Center (Seoul City Hall, Gangwon Provincial Hall, Gangneung City Hall) and outlets (Gimpo, Incheon Airport / 19 KTX stations) from 6 November 2017.

Q: For citizens of a country without an ATR living in a different country without an ATR asking for ticket purchase:

A: If the country you are residing in does not have an ATR,
it means that country’s National Olympic Committee has not yet finalised its arrangements to offer tickets in your country.

https://tickets.pyeongchang2018.com/ATR
ATR list will be constantly updated.

If your country’s National Olympic Committee decides not to appoint an ATR and does not opt to handle ticket sales themselves, you can purchase ticket on this website from 2017.10.01 until the end of Games real-time, first-come first-serve basis.

So for the rest of us not living in Korea, we have to wait until the 1st of October, right? :hopelessness:

katonice

On the Ice
Hi, would anyone have a diagram of where the A, B and C seating categories are in the arena? The Olys website right now doesn't provide much detail yet on the seating locations, but just wanted to get an idea of what kind of view can be expected for each section.

Thanks in advance!

carmen7077

On the Ice
New tickets are released on CoSport, incl. Team SP day2, pairs sp&lp, dance sd&fd, and ladies sp.
Unfortunately no sign for any men's single tickets.

seabm7

Final Flight
Hi, would anyone have a diagram of where the A, B and C seating categories are in the arena? The Olys website right now doesn't provide much detail yet on the seating locations, but just wanted to get an idea of what kind of view can be expected for each section.

Thanks in advance!

Try Googling images of the following Korean phrase:

강릉 아이스 아레나 좌석

1st floor: Ice rink
2nd floor: A
3rd floor: B (lower 2/3) and C (upper 1/3)

Entrances to the arena are between the 2nd and 3rd floors.

ETD: It looks like the Olympic seating would be similar to that of 4CC.

katonice

On the Ice
Try Googling images of the following Korean phrase:

강릉 아이스 아레나 좌석

ETD: The 2nd part deleted as since it is incorrect information. Please check Post #150 below.

Thanks so much!

Now I really want those A-level tickets. The B-level seats already seem a bit far, and the C-level ones definitely too far.

jinabee

On the Ice
Thanks so much!

Now I really want those A-level tickets. The B-level seats already seem a bit far, and the C-level ones definitely too far.

I went to 4CC, I was in B level seating for the free skate and C level for the gala. Honestly the view isn't bad, if you were hoping to get photos its no good but just watching B and C are obviously not close but not terrible. You get a decent view. C you might want binos though.

katonice

On the Ice
I went to 4CC, I was in B level seating for the free skate and C level for the gala. Honestly the view isn't bad, if you were hoping to get photos its no good but just watching B and C are obviously not close but not terrible. You get a decent view. C you might want binos though.

Thanks!
Speaking of taking photos, are they allowed in the venue?
I wonder if they are allowed in Olys events in general actually...

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
Thanks!
Speaking of taking photos, are they allowed in the venue?
I wonder if they are allowed in Olys events in general actually...

The IOC has restrictions with the camera's size. A small one is allowed, you can't take a tripod with you. Photos: yes. Videos: idk, in Rio last year they took my dad's camera because he was recording.

Anyway, I recommend you to look in the file of Restrictions and prohibited items. They will upload it 2 months before the Olympics

I hope all this helps

katonice

On the Ice
The IOC has restrictions with the camera's size. A small one is allowed, you can't take a tripod with you. Photos: yes. Videos: idk, in Rio last year they took my dad's camera because he was recording.

Anyway, I recommend you to look in the file of Restrictions and prohibited items. They will upload it 2 months before the Olympics

I hope all this helps

Thanks! This is helpful :)

Sam L

Medalist
I just got ladies SP tickets, now I'll try to get ladies FS tickets but it'll seem impossible.

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
Cartan is offering a travel package that included the Welli Hilli Park Resort, I would suggest you to take a look or ask to your country resseller

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice
I just got ladies SP tickets, now I'll try to get ladies FS tickets but it'll seem impossible.

Congrats! May I ask where did you get your ticket? All the agents (Hong Kong and Australia) I tried seem completely sold out or only have team events... :palmf: