George Michael Has Died! | Golden Skate

George Michael Has Died!

mrrice

Record Breaker
Mods please move this post to a suitable area. I just saw a breaking news story on the BBC that Wham founder and singing legend George Michael had died. RIP to a great vocalist and idol of many singers in this world, Including Myself.....:sad21:

Last edited:

Warwick360

Medalist
Can't believe how selfish and awful 2016 has been in regards to death of famous people. Here's to hoping that the last few days is death free. :slink:

Edit: Furthermore, it's not just the death in the year. It's also the out of blue news this year which feels like being sucker punched. :palmf:

Last edited:

whatif

Medalist
Was there ever a George Michael or Wham FS programme? Now that's underused music, if ever was one.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Was there ever a George Michael or Wham FS programme? Now that's underused music, if ever was one.

I have seen Father Figure used a couple of times and my students used "Something To Save" way back in the early 1990's. I loved this song and used to sing it at the top of my lungs while driving home after a long day of work. I'll try to listen it tonight without crying.

"Something To Save" : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B2imWi5ZmA

Last edited:

pETEs (Sasha Fan)

Match Penalty

First, David Bowie; then Prince and now, George Michael. 2016 was merciless with the remaining Giant male pop musicians of the XX Century. His talent and his beautiful voice will be immensely missed, since he had a lot to give to the world.

Requiescat in pace.

Here, the very beautiful balletic skating of Katherine Healy to Michael's "They won't go when I go":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUSHU4nrYp0

=(

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I cant function today :sad4::sad4:
#hislastchristmas

I always wanted to see
Hopefuly we can get this next year
I want a prog to Fastlove

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When my mom was in her 70's she heard One More Try by George. She just loved this song and would actually swoon over his beautiful voice. I bought her a Faith cassette and she would rewind the cassette and fast-forward right to the beginner of One More Try. She really didn't listen to the other songs and actually wore out a couple of cassettes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG5N3GC-m20

May they both rest in peace.

Last edited:

Alchamei

Record Breaker
What the hell is The Death doing this year? First we lost great David Bowie and Alan Rickman, then it followed with Prince's Death and now George Michael? Did the world pissed off the Death that much?

And today Carrie Fisher left us, too. I hate this year. :sad21:

adamluthor

Spectator
I am a huge fan of George Michael. He was a real personality with a large heart. Now everyone is mourning is death. It has been 3 days. A tribute to George Michael can be paid through possessing his BSA jacket. Visit here

nguyhm

On the Ice
A very tough year indeed. Debbie Reynolds passed away a day after the death of her daughter.
We also lost Glenn Frey earlier this year. The Eagles will never be the same after his death.
RIP all the great artists who passed away this year.

Last edited: