Which female figure skater do you believe is the most elegant and artistic? | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Which female figure skater do you believe is the most elegant and artistic?

Who do you think the most elegant and artistic skater is?

• Total voters

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I was not able to vote, but my vote today would go with Mao Asada. After seeing her at the Stars on Ice tour here in Vancouver, I have to say Mao is one of the most graceful female skaters to ever grace the ice. I have seen many skaters over the years. Yuka Sato and Sasha Cohen are also on my list.

I'm glad you are stressing Mao's grace, Ladskater. I'm getting tired of hearing her dismissed as a mere jumper. Her style is not ornate or emotional, but it is exquisite, musical, and elegantly simple in a way befitting her age. I don't enjoy seeing 16 year olds vamp or milk their young charms. (I forgave Yu Na her vamping only because her skating was otherwise beautifully secure and elegant.)

morninglight

On the Ice
Mao's elegance

I am very happy, too, to see the acknowledgments of Mao's grace.

Asada sisters are like ballerinas. They have classical elegance, i.e., subtle sophistication that should never be showy.

It has been really regrettable to hear some people bash Mao for her lack of "facial" expression. Artistry in figure skating should be different from what is important for actresses in TV dramas. In her SP, the way Mao connected with the music using her whole body was really beautiful. I watched this performance countless times but have never been bored.

I also like her for her healthy, clean, happy aura that is very pleasant and refreshing to see. While some young skaters pick melancholic or voluptuous music to make them look like a mature skater, I believe that a girl can present the real class without taking that direction.

Last edited:

all that

Final Flight
My vote goes to Katia Gordeeva. In a few years, I might add Tessa Virtue to the list -- she was really something in "Valse Triste", wasn't she?

mikittyfan

Rinkside
Marina Klimova forever!

Marina Klimova's elegance is unforgettable for me.

I find the performance(free program) in 1992 Olympics
so beautiful. And I liked very much her "My Fair Lady" in 1990
World Championship.

And this is also a artistic and elegant performance, I think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYMJTHBwXCc

Last edited:

dollee

Rinkside
Katarina Witt is a very musical skater. and Michelle Kwan has a natural charisma.
I like both of all so much. It is too difficult to vote.

Last edited:

Wrlmy

Medalist
IMO, in terms of elegance, no one comes close to Oksana Baiul among the list. But I would still vote for Kwan for her overall artistry.

janetniu

Rinkside
i choice kwan,she is the best one in my heart and i love her very much.she just like a sprit .she always show us a beautiful smile that make feel happy.and she si good at performing be "in the music".

R.D.

Record Breaker
It IS possible to separate the on-ice persona from the off-ice one, you know. For example I like that Meissner doesn't let the fame get to her head (yet) unlike many other skaters, but the skating just doesn't measure up.