Which female figure skater do you believe is the most elegant and artistic? | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Which female figure skater do you believe is the most elegant and artistic?

Who do you think the most elegant and artistic skater is?

• Total voters

jennylovskt

Medalist
Why is there no Sasha Cohen's name on there? I voted "Other" - Sasha Cohen.

Sasha is the most elegant artistic skater in the history.

mkdream

Rinkside
I am a Michelle Kwan fanatci but I can admit, grudgingly of course, that Sasha Cohen is the more elegant of the two. Michelle just skates with her heart and we viewers can tell that she is giving her all...

Yukina Ota, I have heard of her but had never had the opportunity to see her skate. I just watched her clip and she is stunning. Great posture, a beautiful spiral, she's one of the only up and comer's who has a nice spiral sequence. I can't wait to see her compete with the big dogs. When she is healed she will be a force to be reckoned with. Mao and Kimmie who?

janka

Rinkside
I posted Mai, but Yukina Ota is really really very elegant. Both skated to Swan Lake honestly, I can't tell which one did it better, love both of them.

pr girl

Match Penalty
Hmmm... This is a great debate! I say Oksana and Christopher say Peggy Flemming. But the most elegant female skater of all time would have to be Marina Klimova the Ice Dancer from Russia.

bear

Spectator
this europeans i saw Tamar Katz. she's only 17 but very artistic and elegant. but among skaters of the past Klimova is defently is a leader along with her husband

gio

Medalist
NO SASHA COHEN ON THE LIST???????? :disagree: :scratch: :unsure: :eek:hwell: Instead there are Sarah Hughes and Tara Lipinski?

Oh well, I vote for Sasha Cohen.

And where are Lu Chen, Maria Butyrskaya, Yuka Sato, Susana Poykio, Kristi Yamaguchi...? Way more elegant and artistic than Sarah and Tara.

Last edited:

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Have to agree about Alissa

She's an up-and-comer! Very elegant and beautiful.

But the one that really made me fall in love with skating.......Sasha Cohen! And skating is not as interesting to watch this year because she is not around.

If we are talking about NOW and not a few years ago, I would say Katy Tylor for most sophisticated. Her Theme and Variations music was a homage to the Czar. I feel she got that right but was not able to make the elements.

Joe

Eddie Lee

On the Ice
Alissa Czisny. If you could have been at Nationals, you would understand (though you might disagree). Sasha would be a close, close second!:agree:

morninglight

On the Ice
Oksana Baiul
Sasha Cohen
Yukina Ota
Mai Asada
Shizuka Arakawa (Olympics and after her retirement)

Last edited: