michelle kwan forum | Page 4 | Golden Skate

michelle kwan forum

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
Toni - You are absolutely right to have your views on anything. What you have to understand is that others will have other views.

If you had trouble sitting in a kwaniac section at the Nats then you should have moved. I think I sat in my original seat once for the entire 10days. At competition time, I zone out of the people around me and often find a space where there are plenty of empty seats so I can appreciate what is going on on the ice even if it's 5 rows back.

Joe - no kidding. I know that. :laugh:

as for sitting... by the time the last 6 ladies were on the ice for the LP (which really was uninspiring save for Kimmie IMHO) the area where I had been sitting was taken over by the actual owners, so I got bumped to my seat. The security in that area was tight and I haven't a clue why... I ended up being right infront of box seats which sucked... I wish I could have moved, but there were no open seats in the general area and I'd already spent the last two flights trying to find better seats :laugh:

dmr65

On the Ice
Wow!!! great conversation/thread going on here..... đź‘Ť

I think it's my age and some of the unfortunate inevitable life events that have opened my eyes even more... I can be a loyal enthused admirer/even with bias, but cringe at the blind obsessed bias fanaticalisms.. (is that a correct word?) :cool: Anyway. I have chosen not become involved with certain or some skater specific forums, even though I own one myself.. I don't blame some for not visiting mine or others. It's a choice.... I have worked on and chosen not to even involve myself in a lot of discussions that are petty, silly and really have nothing to do with the skaters but just fans venting their own personal insecurities... I sit back and look and ask ... Is this really all that important or worth getting ignorant over... I am a fan and love the beauty of figure skating..

Fanaticalism (or, the dictionary explanation of a fanatic) it can be a turn off even if the fans aren't bashing or negatively comparing. It's sometimes hard to keep certain fans from saying somethings unbecoming/un-necessary, but most of us try... But when it's a huge fanatical obsessed base forum, I feel sorry for some mods or owners... I believe if you are confident in yourself, there is no need to look out at others and post negatives about them... If you do, then, that's defeating what your favorite skater(s) has achieved or is about... Enjoy for the time being, don't bother with the negative.... If one continue to be negative, what good memories do you have left to enjoy once that skater(s) hangs up their boots... It's positivity that keeps a healthy person... I also say, when you do read/ go out looking/read what others say about your favorites that is intentionally negative <> It's just an "opinion" no different than your bias opinion.. If you are a fan, just be confident in yourself as to what you enjoy about that skater and not worry or involve yourself in what others may think.. ;) It's just their opinion... :) A good friend always told me.. Denise... Some -not all- of those internet chat boards can be dangerous and misleading.. Stay away from them... She is a huge B&S fan, went to the 2002 olys.. She still refuse to come to my forum and chat.... :laugh: I gave her all respects for that. So we along with some other fans chatted on grp Yahoo. Back then.. It was safer... :cool: :laugh: She knows a lot of skaters personally, owned a few chat lists at one time herself, knows about fan lies,fabrications,gossip, spiteful comments that fans seem to do, and she wanted no part of it.....

Ok.. Hope I have not offended anyone, and hope what I said made sense.. :think:

Denise...

;)

Last edited:
Nicely put, dmr65 - I believe the Mods work hard at keeping Golden Skate from becoming a fan based forum. However, we do have sizeable groups of Kwan and Cohen fans among its membership. I would venture to say that most of the fans in GS are figure skating oriented and take active part in discussions of all facets of figure skating. However, there are a few who are completely engrossed in their favorites only.

Joe

I personally don't have any quarrel with fan sites for particular skaters. We want figure skating to be considered a "real sport," yet we are too tea-and-watercress-sandwiches to cheer for the home team and boo the other guys.

What figure skating needs are more beer-and-hot-dog fans. Like the cheeseheads in Green Bay who wear big cheese wedges on their heads at Packer games, who bare their chests in 0 degree weather and yell "Brett Favre is the greatest quarterback in the world and your guy stinks!"

I love the Red Sox. I hate the Yankees. Now were getting somewhere.

So I don't see anything wrong with a Sashafans site where people can go and gush over Sasha and bash Michelle, or vice versa. That's sports!

(Of course, Golden Skate is above all that.)

Mathman :)

Oh, no, I just meant for instance. I personally think the Yankees are a very nice team. Looking at their record, they are the Michelle Kwan of baseball. Plus, they look very nice in their pinstriped uniforms. Sort of like Michelle's lavender dress at Campbells.

But the Red Sox do have those red sox!

I hope they both to do their best.

MM:)

nicole_l

Final Flight
Haha I guess the Red Sox are the...Shizuka Arakawa of the skating world.
Or rather, Shizuka Arakawa is skating's Red Sox. Then again, she doesn't have the rabid fans. :agree:

Kuchana

On the Ice
Mathman said:
Oh, no, I just meant for instance. I personally think the Yankees are a very nice team. Looking at their record, they are the Michelle Kwan of baseball. Plus, they look very nice in their pinstriped uniforms. Sort of like Michelle's lavender dress at Campbells.

But the Red Sox do have those red sox!

I hope they both to do their best.

MM:)

That's funny you mention that comparison. Aren't the Yankees hated or the most hated team in MLB because of their success and arrogance??? Michelle I hope isn't in her sport :laugh:

Mathman and Bronzgirl - It's the METS that are important. And Mathman if you want beer and hot dog fans, you can't say the Yankees are a nice team in pinstripes :think: That kind of language is what you find in figure skating forums. :laugh:

Seriously I would love to use my Brooklyn language on these forums but.......

Joe

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
Ok but did you ever read a baseball forum where the remarks were out and out catty that one player of the Atlanta team is better dressed than one on the NY Mets? Of course not. If a Brave speaks out badly about NYC in insulting racial overtones, that is something to talk about (and as you know this happened).

I've read plenty of catty remarks on baseball forums. Maybe not about clothing, but certanly about many other things. Believe me, its not mutually exclusive to figure skating.

P.S. its not the Mets that are important, its the BRAVES ;) (sorry couldn't resist) I love you Joe, but a Mets fan? Really! LOL