2014-15 NBC TV schedule: GPs/GPF; Nats; Euros; 4 Continents; Worlds | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2014-15 NBC TV schedule: GPs/GPF; Nats; Euros; 4 Continents; Worlds

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Breaking news ;):

NBC has ADDED two hours of preview coverage for Nats.

2015 Prudential U.S. Figure Skating Championships

May wonders never cease.

Sorry for the cross-posting, but just a heads up:

I just happened to be scrolling through the TV schedule to setup a DVR recording for these NBC Preview shows on the 1/17 & 1/18:

For anyone who plans to DVR the 1/18 Preview show (such as myself), please take note that this program immediately follows the conclusion of NBC's live coverage of the NHL game between the NY Rangers and Pittsburgh Penguins. As an NHL fan, I can tell you that there is a decent chance that the ending of the hockey game could potentially run over the 3 p.m. start for Nationals Preview.

NBC will not cut away from a live NHL game until the event has concluded.

In the event this occurs, my assumption would be that NBC would begin the Preview coverage from the beginning, and then the program would run over the expected 4 p.m. ending time. To be safe, I would extend the ending of your recordings, or even set your DVR to record the following program (to pick up any late coverage).

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Sorry for the cross-posting, but just a heads up:

I just happened to be scrolling through the TV schedule to setup a DVR recording for these NBC Preview shows on the 1/17 & 1/18:

For anyone who plans to DVR the 1/18 Preview show (such as myself), please take note that this program immediately follows the conclusion of NBC's live coverage of the NHL game between the NY Rangers and Pittsburgh Penguins. As an NHL fan, I can tell you that there is a decent chance that the ending of the hockey game could potentially run over the 3 p.m. start for Nationals Preview.

NBC will not cut away from a live NHL game until the event has concluded.

In the event this occurs, my assumption would be that NBC would begin the Preview coverage from the beginning, and then the program would run over the expected 4 p.m. ending time. To be safe, I would extend the ending of your recordings, or even set your DVR to record the following program (to pick up any late coverage).

I checked to see what is scheduled to air after the Preview coverage on Jan. 18 and it is the final round of PGA Golf/the Sony Open for two hours of coverage which I presume would be live coverage to start at 4:00 p.m. without delay for the skating preview show. So if the hockey ran long, th preview show could get cut off at the end when the golf would beginn on time.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I checked to see what is scheduled to air after the Preview coverage on Jan. 18 and it is the final round of PGA Golf/the Sony Open for two hours of coverage which I presume would be live coverage to start at 4:00 p.m. without delay for the skating preview show. So if the hockey ran long, th preview show could get cut off at the end when the golf would beginn on time.

Thanks, TwinnerA. I didn't want to be the bearer of bad news and seem anti-NBC -- there is a likelihood that NBC's Preview coverage on 1/18 will be "joined already in progress" or somehow cut-off due to the live sporting events it's unfortunately sandwiched in-between.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Details on the NBC preview shows on Saturday and Sunday, hosted by Weir, Lipinski, Gannon:

NBC’s coverage this weekend includes two preview programs for the U.S. Figure Skating Championships ... featuring athlete profiles, event analysis and competition highlights.
-- The first show, airing this Saturday, Jan. 17, at 5 p.m. ET, focuses on the ladies’ and ice dance events, and features interviews with 2014 Olympic team bronze medalists Ashley Wagner and Gracie Gold, and a report from 2006 Olympic ice dance silver medalist Tanith Belbin on the top ice dance teams as they prepare for the competition.
-- Sunday’s special, airing at 3 p.m. ET, will feature the men’s and pairs’ events, including a profile of 2014 U.S. Junior champion Nathan Chen.​

(all times ET, subject to change)
Sat., Jan. 17 U.S. Figure Skating Championships Preview: Ladies, Ice Dance 5 p.m.
Sun., Jan. 18 U.S. Figure Skating Championships Preview: Men, Pairs 3 p.m.​

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...-championships-beginning-this-sat-at-5-pm-et/

** Check your local listings **

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Four Continents update:
I noticed today that two hours of NBC coverage now are listed on the current versions of the schedule :).
Saturday, Feb. 21, 2015 Four Continents Figure Skating Championships (Feb. 12-15) 3-5 p.m.
(The October USFS press release with the season's TV schedule had said 3-4:30 pm, but appears to have been superseded.)​

Worlds update:
The time of the second of NBC's Worlds telecasts has been revised. The new time is:
Sunday, April 12, 2015 World Figure Skating Championships (March 26-29) 3-6 p.m.
(The original release had said 1-4 pm.)​

I have updated the OP of this thread accordingly.

(The OP has links to the current versions of the schedules, and to the October press release.)

slider11

Medalist
So with 4Cs in korea and Worlds in Shanghai, I'm presuming the NBC coverage will be taped. Does this mean other media options like Ice Network will show this live? That would be nice!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So with 4Cs in korea and Worlds in Shanghai, I'm presuming the NBC coverage will be taped. Does this mean other media options like Ice Network will show this live? That would be nice!

Icenetwork will show it live, but if you want to watch it you better plan on getting up early or staying up late, especially if you're on the west coast!