NBC and USFS 2023-24 Broadcast and Streaming Schedule

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here is the schedule

All times Eastern, check local listings, subject to change
DateCompetitionTime (ET)Platform
Oct. 202023 Humana Skate America: Pairs and Men's Short Program7:30 p.m.E!
Oct. 212023 Humana Skate America: Women's Short Program and Men's Free Skate8 p.m.E!
Oct. 222023 Humana Skate America: Free Dance and Women's Free Skate3 p.m.E!
Oct. 222023 Humana Skate America: Recap12 p.m.NBC
Nov. 4Skate Canada International: Recap12 p.m.NBC*
Nov. 5Grande Prix de France: Recap12:30 p.m.NBC*
Nov. 12Cup of China: Recap3 p.m.NBC*
Nov. 19Grand Prix Espoo: Recap4 p.m.NBC*
Nov. 26NHK Trophy: Recap3 p.m.NBC*
Dec. 9Grand Prix Final9 a.m.E!*
Dec. 9Grand Prix Final10 a.m.E!*
Dec. 9Grand Prix Final11 a.m.E!*
Dec. 10Grand Prix Final4 p.m.NBC*
Jan. 10European Championships1 p.m.E!
Jan. 11European Championships1 p.m.E!
Jan. 12European Championships1 p.m.E!
Jan. 13European Championships1 p.m.E!
Feb. 4European Championships 12 p.m.NBC*
Jan. 252024 Prevagen U.S. Figure Skating Championships: Pairs Short Program2 p.m.USA
Jan. 252024 Prevagen U.S. Figure Skating Championships: Rhythm Dance5 p.m.USA
Jan. 252024 Prevagen U.S. Figure Skating Championships: Women's Short Program8 p.m.USA
Jan. 262024 Prevagen U.S. Figure Skating Championships: Men's Short Program4 p.m.NBC
Jan. 262024 Prevagen U.S. Figure Skating Championships: Women's Free Skate8 p.m.USA
Jan. 272024 Prevagen U.S. Figure Skating Championships: Free Dance2:30 p.m.NBC
Jan. 272024 Prevagen U.S. Figure Skating Championships: Pairs Free Skate8 p.m.USA
Jan. 282024 Prevagen U.S. Figure Skating Championships: Men's Free Skate3 p.m.NBC
Feb. 42024 Prevagen U.S. Figure Skating Championships: Exhibition Gala2 p.m.NBC*
Feb. 1Four Continents Championships6 a.m.E!*
Feb. 1Four Continents Championships8 a.m.E!*
Feb. 2Four Continents Championships8 a.m.E!*
Feb. 3Four Continents Championships8 a.m.E!*
Feb. 18Four Continents Championships2 p.m.NBC*
March 21World Championships4 p.m.USA
March 21World Championships7 p.m.USA
March 22World Championships7 p.m.USA
March 23World Championships2 p.m.USA
March 23World Championships8 p.m.NBC*
March 24World Championships2 p.m.USA
April 14World Championships12 p.m.NBC*
*taped coverage
*Check local listing. Start time may vary based on viewing timezone.

Below is a full listing of the remainder of NBCUniversal's coverage of the 2023-24 figure skating season.

Date
Competition
Network/Platform
Oct. 20-22, 2023​
Humana Skate America​
NBC
E!
Peacock​
Oct. 27-29, 2023​
Skate Canada International​
NBC
Peacock​
Nov. 3-5, 2023​
Grand Prix de France​
NBC
Peacock​
Nov. 10-12, 2023​
Cup of China​
NBC
Peacock​
Nov. 17-19, 2023​
Grand Prix Espoo​
NBC
Peacock​
Nov. 24-26, 2023​
NHK Trophy​
NBC
Peacock​
Dec. 7-10, 2023​
Grand Prix Final​
NBC
E!
Peacock​
Jan. 8-14, 2024​
ISU European Figure Skating Championships 2024​
NBC
E!
Peacock​
Jan. 22-28, 2024​
2024 Prevagen U.S. Figure Skating Championships​
NBC
USA
Peacock​
Jan. 29 - Feb. 4, 2024​
ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships 2024​
NBC
E!
Peacock​
March 18-24, 2024​
ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2024​
NBC
USA
Peacock​

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
@IceRabbit was faster, good going :)

So since it is now listed by USFS, signed into Peacock and could not find any skating, even just scrolling through sports. :(.

They have lots of gymnastics and under "Recently Added" a truly dreadful reality show from eight years ago called "Catching Kelce". Wonder why that was recently added?:sneaky: But no skating, unless someone else can find it.
In the past at least more recently, haven't been able to find them until at least a week before.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Terrible. We don’t even get sectionals like we did last year.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Million dollar answer: will probably depend on the viewing figures.
Hopefully more watch. I'm not waking up at 2-3 am to watch skating unless it's something BIG.

I got Peacock for figure skating, but stayed because there are other shows I like that are on there. So it became a win-win.

Kris135

On the Ice
Can someone find the Peacock streaming times? I want to see if it worth it to reactivate my subscription. I do want to see several events but seeing on the TV for the first couple of weeks could be tough so know when Peacock is streaming it could be helpful.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hopefully more watch. I'm not waking up at 2-3 am to watch skating unless it's something BIG.

I got Peacock for figure skating, but stayed because there are other shows I like that are on there. So it became a win-win.
Most people will not get up at 2-3 am to watch skating. If I do I'm very cranky and I just stay up until they lowball my babies and then I crankily fall back asleep:(

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can someone find the Peacock streaming times? I want to see if it worth it to reactivate my subscription. I do want to see several events but seeing on the TV for the first couple of weeks could be tough so know when Peacock is streaming it could be helpful.
It isn't showing up on Peacock, or wasn't earlier in the day. I just use my VPN. I'll be at SA and Skate Canada is the only one I watch live other than that.

Kris135

On the Ice
I still wonder how showing skating events in the wee hours of the morning is helping ratings. I sometimes wonder why NBC can not just show the events live via the ISU links. I mean at least for the two Grand Prix in Europe you could show them on E! Saturday morning and get some exposure on TV, I mean what is on at that time on that channel besides reruns. At least the world championships are going on at more humane hour for the next two years, no thanks to NBC, because they are going to be in North America. Now come on NBC give us the streaming times now.

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I still wonder how showing skating events in the wee hours of the morning is helping ratings. I sometimes wonder why NBC can not just show the events live via the ISU links. I mean at least for the two Grand Prix in Europe you could show them on E! Saturday morning and get some exposure on TV, I mean what is on at that time on that channel besides reruns. At least the world championships are going on at more humane hour for the next two years, no thanks to NBC, because they are going to be in North America. Now come on NBC give us the streaming times now.
The new director is from the NBA. One would think she would understand some of this.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Honest question:

Does USFS have the clout to tell NBC when and where to air the comps? I personally would love to live in a world where USFS had that clout and replays on Peacock to stay up for years and years. Do we know if that is possible? Do we know if Peacock is willing to do that? My opinion is, no, they do not have the clout to negotiate that. My opinion is that this is the best deal they got.

Just my opinion. Does anyone know either way?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Honest question:

Does USFS have the clout to tell NBC when and where to air the comps? I personally would love to live in a world where USFS had that clout and replays on Peacock to stay up for years and years. Do we know if that is possible? Do we know if Peacock is willing to do that? My opinion is, no, they do not have the clout to negotiate that. My opinion is that this is the best deal they got.

Just my opinion. Does anyone know either way?
I don't know. I can tell you that gymnastics is shown live with commentary, replays are up for a period of time, then it ends up on USAG's youtube channel, where it stays pretty much forever.

But they did have the opportunity to create IceNetwork, which was wonderful. :(:(

Kris135

On the Ice
One of the biggest problems that figure skating right is lack of exposure on TV. Outside of the weekly highlight shows it almost impossible for skating fans to find coverage. I mean last year I was up at 6am to watch certain Grand Prix events..NHK I missed altogether outside of the highlight show. World's last year was all night ordeal that made me sick literally with the worst flu I had in years because of the strain of having to stay up all night catch maybe 6 hours of sleep and then go into work afterwards. I do not regret it but really I am not going to do that for taped coverage of skating events and there is reason that the tape of Four Contents has to start from 3,-6am you could air it at a more humane hour of the morning where people might actually see it. The fact NBC thinks that this just fine is annoying. Put the coverage on at hours where viewers are actually watching and NBC could make more money because they could charge more for the ad time.

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
One of the biggest problems that figure skating right is lack of exposure on TV. Outside of the weekly highlight shows it almost impossible for skating fans to find coverage. I mean last year I was up at 6am to watch certain Grand Prix events..NHK I missed altogether outside of the highlight show. World's last year was all night ordeal that made me sick literally with the worst flu I had in years because of the strain of having to stay up all night catch maybe 6 hours of sleep and then go into work afterwards. I do not regret it but really I am not going to do that for taped coverage of skating events and there is reason that the tape of Four Contents has to start from 3,-6am you could air it at a more humane hour of the morning where people might actually see it. The fact NBC thinks that this just fine is annoying. Put the coverage on at hours where viewers are actually watching and NBC could make more money because they could charge more for the ad time.
I watch with my VPN when I get up.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They stream live. So you need to look up the times for each event and then convert.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
.... Put the coverage on at hours where viewers are actually watching and NBC could make more money because they could charge more for the ad time.

Sadly, I would wager they can charge more for ad time for other sports in those time slots. Therefore, skating makes do with what NBC can give them.