NBC and USFS 2023-24 Broadcast and Streaming Schedule | Page 2 | Golden Skate

NBC and USFS 2023-24 Broadcast and Streaming Schedule

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't know. I can tell you that gymnastics is shown live with commentary, replays are up for a period of time, then it ends up on USAG's youtube channel, where it stays pretty much forever.

But they did have the opportunity to create IceNetwork, which was wonderful. :(:(
Yeah, never did I ever think I'd get nostalgic for Ice Network. Their streaming quality was sooooo bad. But at least they had all the replays and ALL the events.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
On the pages for sectionals they say junior and senior events will be live
streamed on Peacock with lower levels on the USFS Fanzone. So yay! Fingers crossed replays will be available for at least a while.
When are sectionals?

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I have still not seen any indication as to whether or not Peacock will be made to provide replays within at least a one or two-day window. They did not do so last season for the GP. They were forced to do so for coverage of U.S. Nationals. Replays are moreso needed for GP events, which take place across varying time zones. I'm not certain NBC Peacock and U.S. figure skating either care or have the brainpower to figure this out.

The lack of timely, detailed information about coverage of these events is staggering and completely dumbfounding.

Kris135

On the Ice
I looks like we are getting a 72hr replasy as far I can see on peacock from the practice cams. I think that's better than last year's nightmare. At least I will be able to see NHK and Cup of China this year without staying up all night. I think it should be longer, like would it kill NBC/Peacock to leave up the replays for week so I can watch the event on my day off instead of trying to fit in watching the event between shifts. But it is progress and let's be happy about that.

Last edited:

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I looks like we are getting a 72hr replasy as far I can see on peacock from the practice cams. I think that's better than last year's nightmare. At least I will be able to see NHK and Cup of China this year without staying up all night. I think it should be longer, like would it kill NBC/Peacock to leave up the replays for week so I can watch the event on my day off instead of trying to fit in watching the event between shifts. But it is progress and let's be happy about that.
I'm not sure where you are seeing a 72 hour replay option. Last night about an hour after the end of the practice session, Peacock showed a 48 hour replay available for Thursdays practice camera.

macy

Record Breaker
something i don't quite understand is what the difference is for Peacock to leave the replays up, or not leave them up. Everyone pays the same six bucks a month to watch it. does this fall on USFS instead with not wanting to pay extra to have the replays up? i'm not sure how all that works, but even leaving them up for a freaking week would be better than nothing.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
something i don't quite understand is what the difference is for Peacock to leave the replays up, or not leave them up. Everyone pays the same six bucks a month to watch it. does this fall on USFS instead with not wanting to pay extra to have the replays up? i'm not sure how all that works, but even leaving them up for a freaking week would be better than nothing.
I've never gotten a response from USFS or Peacock about any of this. Probably last season I sent each 3 or 4 emails and there was no response. I actually couldn't find a way to contact Peacock and I think I used some type of online chat and got nothing from that. I would also like to have replays available for a month or so, but I don't think USFS or Peacock have a plan for that or much of anything.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It appears replays will be up for two days.

I said this before and I'll say it again (and I am completely making this up, but it makes sense to me ;) ) USFS would love to have the replays up from now until the end of time. Peacock controls Peacock's schedule. What leverage does USFS have on Peacock? Leave up the replays or we'll go home? where is the bidding war for figure skating rights?

It could be that USFS will not/cannot pay enough for Peacock to deal with music rights, although that seems odd, since Peacock presumably leaves up far more music in other shows.

I share the frustration about not knowing the reasons, and USFS could generate some good will by letting us know. That doesn't seem to be their MO.

madisonfw

Rinkside
Pardon my ignorance, but does anyone know if Peacock will be showing Skate Canada live? I don't see the "tiles" up on their site yet. I'm glad to see that the replays will be available for at least a short time, to help with timezone challenges.

ray94611

Rinkside
Peacock is streaming Skate Canada and the tiles are already up for the short programs in France next week. But the women's short and rhythm dance from Skate Canada and no replay is available. This is so frustrating. I can't imagine why they don't do it when just about ever other sporting event is available for entire seasons!

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
The replays are up for me. Check again... maybe refresh. It says 2 days available for the replays

ray94611

Rinkside
Replays are available under "Latest Replays" for all of yesterday's events. I expect they'll be available for all Grand Prix events going forward.

Last edited: