2014 Olympics Mens Short Program | Page 57 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Mens Short Program

gmyers

Record Breaker
Perfect place for brown to win bronze or greater. Tes won't be a problem like it wasn't in the sp and the pcs will likely be great so it looks good for brown medal or victory.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Between today's SP with so many twists and turns, and tomorrow's FS, it's going to be a bit like watching "Gravity" in 3D: I'm going to need an oxygen tank.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
There will be two amazing competitions. The Yuzuru vs Chan battle for the gold medal and the 3-11 skaters' competition for the bronze medal. If they have clean programs, it will be very interesting. I have no favorites for the bronze medal. It's a pleasure to watch Fernandez and Ten. Jason impressed me with his SP. However, sentimentally, I would give the bronze medal to Takahashi. :)

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I watched this together with two other people. We all watch mainly for the beauty of it, and whereas I have learned a little about the technical stuff, hanging around here, the other viewers don't know any of that. All three of us were stunned that Machida placed so low. It didn't help any that the Dutch commentator then also literally stated he couldn't explain it. I had to look here in this thread for the explanation.
I guess figure skating judging is not an easy thing to understand for the casual viewer, but it's sad that it's apparently a complete mystery to some commentators, too. ;-)

Regardless, thrilled with Hanyu's world record SP. Hurah.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Perfect place for brown to win bronze or greater. Tes won't be a problem like it wasn't in the sp and the pcs will likely be great so it looks good for brown medal or victory.

I hate to say this cause I'm a Jason uber, but I sort of hope he doesn't get bronze cause I don't want to hear your whining for the next four years. :no:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
There will be two amazing competitions. The Yuzuru vs Chan battle for the gold medal and the 3-11 skaters' competition for the bronze medal. If they have clean programs, it will be very interesting. I have no favorites for the bronze medal. It's a pleasure to watch Fernandez and Ten. Jason impressed me with his SP. However, sentimentally, I would give the bronze medal to Takahashi. :)

I'd even add the Czech boys to the race

s_parks

Record Breaker
Heartbroken for Ten on that first jump but his footwork and spins are everything I love. Hope he nails his long, thank goodness his coach is Carroll. I love Han Yan but me thinks his presentation is a tad high.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Even though Machida is 11, he could still get that bronze. Menshov prooved it is possible! I thought he was a bit underscored as well, though.

amusedstranger

Rinkside
The battle for bronze tomorrow may be even more intense than the battle for gold/silver! I'm going to be very tensely following along during my statistics class tomorrow!

rollerblade

Record Breaker
A 4T< with a fall (Verner) is worth 4.30 more points than a two-footed 4T<< (Takahashi). Damn that's harsh.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Not to knock Daisuke's performance but good lord he is consistently held up on his PCS. He had the 12th best TES score.

12th best! And that gets him 4th position. :rolleye: