2014 Skate America Men's SP 10/24 | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate America Men's SP 10/24

Meoima

Match Penalty
I think we need a praying circle for Jeremy, he did great in SP but we have the LP awaits. I hope he will get at least the silver now that both Ten and Jason had a fall in the SP.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Omg do you now exclusively comment when you can hate on Jason Brown? Do you even think about any other skater? Or watch and appreciate good performances? Cos it seems like you spend a lot of time just loathing him. Must be exhausting.

I thought he was complimenting Brown. IE, no other skater has better steps and spins than Brown thus leading to such a close score to Abbott even with his fall.

Non-sequitur:

I LOVED Machida's performance! Definitely one of the skaters to beat this season!

purpledream

On the Ice
93.39 for Machida.

I'd like to dedicate a Bronx Cheer to all of the Jeremy detractors out there (not necessarily in this thread) complaining that he doesn't deserve to be here, is washed up, blah blah blah.

:p *insert sound of Bill the Cat going "Phbbbbbbbt!!" here*

Haha I totally didnt expect Jeremy to emerge and be clean (but nope to the costume that tie is just too distracting!!!) Haha hopefully he gets to maintain his lead! This would be exciting!

MasterB

Final Flight
Tachida not my favorite but, I take my hat off to him. Great skate. Thank god that Dorothy Hamill hair cut is gone.

Abbott, skated really well but, needs that Quad to stay in the mix.

Dten, awesome program, my favorite so far. Can't wait to see him skate it clean.

The two 16 year olds plus Brown look like boys skating against men.

Scovies

Final Flight
still think his East of Eden at Worlds should have been a WR score.

:bow:

That was an awesome program, but I understood why it didn't get a WR just based on the math. He only had one jump in the second half of the program (instead of putting his 3A and a 3-3 in the second half, like others do), and both of his spins were level 3. A few tweaks to his program composition would have put it over 100 points, easily.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I thought he was complimenting Brown. IE, no other skater has better steps and spins than Brown thus leading to such a close score to Abbott even with his fall.

Non-sequitur:

I LOVED Machida's performance! Definitely one of the skaters to beat this season!

You are correct. Brown is so astonishing at all pcs and spins and steps he is close to medaling.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
What are you talking about? I was wrong. Forget about quad Brown doesn't need a triple axel! That's how amazing he is at the spins and steps and choreo and transitions and everything in pcs. He is an astonishing talent outside of 3a and quad. This is hate?

I assume you're being hyperbolic here... Brown is incredibly talented and isn't just about the jumps, but saying he doesn't even need a 3A is silly. He scored below 80. But that should be enough to keep him in the medal hunt.

I don't know if Jeremy can pull off a solid freeskate, and while I'm hoping for the best, I'm guessing Ten and Brown will surpass him.

Meoima

Match Penalty
:) In tem of choreography I think Denis has the best program, too bad about the jumps. I hope he will put it together in the long.
Tatsuki did great and he deserves the scores. But... I don't want to say this but I feel his last season's SP and this new one are so much alike. But it doesn't matter. As long as he skates great like that. :)

TMC

Record Breaker

Non-sequitur:

No, he is being sarcastic to the extreme.

ETA He posted another comment which would have made it very clear, but deleted just as I was about to reply to that one with my comment above

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

Non-sequitur:

Bear in mind that Abbott also made an error on his axel, and didn't have a quad. I'd say the scores were pretty much spot on as far as Abbott/Brown.

Yes, Machida is definitely a contender... I hope he continues on this quad (even though he said this was his last season, IIRC).... he's one of the few skaters who I really think feels his music and expresses every nuance.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
I loved Jeremy's ease and fluidity and classic skating tonight. Machida was spot-on with the jumps and has beautiful line and extension, but I agree with Michael Weiss that his artistry goes on and off during the program. LOVE Denis Ten's program and think it will be a classic when skated clean. I find PM Martinez such a breath of fresh air and really exciting/beautiful to watch. Nam does NOT do it for me! Yes, he has personality, but his artistry feels forced and cutesy, his jumps lack flow coming out, and his speed isn't great.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Brown is so astonishing at all pcs and spins and steps he is close to medaling.

gmyers, we have not forgotten that just a few days ago, you were insisting that it was "obvious" that Brown was going to WIN Skate America.

Eating your words now, eh?

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Machida kills it, channelling inner Plushenko heart and Daisuke hair, but is really a ninja assassin. Deadly. Without fanfare.

To watch Jeremy skating among these guys is like watching Man and boyz. Edgework to die for! The program have room for polish though. What happened to that black classic shirt I hope him to wear, just simple and classy? Am afraid he is taking his Brit tribute a little too far with that David Brent/Office get up. Beard unnecessary, you are MAN enough already!!!! Loose the tie, or tie it around your wrist, roll up your sleeves so it looks like some sort of cool wrist band.

MCM promising start, I didn't expect anything more or less. Good luck on the FS

Denis, bad luck, it is a bit like COP overkill with the amount of transition, seems he want to channel his inner Dai and make up for missing Patrick. The program is very Patrick Chan isn' t it. Admirable job, but I look forward to the FS more. Not sure about the SP among the typical cookie cutter 'serious' programs otherwise.

Jason Brown... Not surprised by the judges 'generous' marks, typical federation politics for home event 'fav' skaters. I have to be honest, i have never been a fan of his skating. Watching him I am reminded as if I am watching Scooby Doo on ice. Oversize head, lovable, smiley as hell, big limbs everywhere, I enjoy it, it is fun, but it is not exactly my 'ideal' figure skating champion. I want to take him home, hug him, pet him to feed something yummy, that is about it.

Crowd: No one and I mean NO ONE is allowed to complain about Taipei 4CC audience (lack of) ever again! Lol.. this is Skate America GP Yall' Pfwahhahaha...

4am... signing off.