2023 Skate America Men's Short Program | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2023 Skate America Men's Short Program

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I was under the impression that this could not be watched after the broadcast, but it is still available to watch. Will watch it later :). Do you know how if it will be removed later? Have some work to do now at the morning local time but hope it won't be removed too quickly, if it will. It is not geoblocked here. :)
Replays stay up for 2 days. Click on it when you see that a Replay is posted, and it will tell you how much time you have to watch.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
The Europeans have too high world standing due to numerous events held in Europe. Is the Swede kid really final flight calibre at GP events?
Was disappointed in Torgashev and Naumov. Seems like they're just taking up space.
I think these three are just having a prickly day. Torgashev has great components and is podium-worthy when his jumps work (see Lombardia and last season's Nationals). Sort of in the same category as Roman Sadovsky.

Nordeback and to a lesser extent Naumov at their best are similar calibre (although different strengths), don't have as high a potential ceiling as Torgashev, but all 3 are inconsistent... The top 4 or so are a different level from the rest, but warmup groups being split evenly made Andreas just look a bit out of place. Yoshioka's starting order was not representative of his technical level, but I think that's more a consequence of the Japanese men's field being too stacked for him to get sent out much.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was under the impression that this could not be watched after the broadcast, but it is still available to watch. Will watch it later :). Do you know how if it will be removed later? Have some work to do now at the morning local time but hope it won't be removed too quickly, if it will. It is not geoblocked here. :)
Peacock I think is 48 hours

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I watched it all just now... on CBC archives.... (you will need to be Canadian) It usually stays there quite a while

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I watched it all just now... on CBC archives.... (you will need to be Canadian) It usually stays there quite a while
I think CBC and VPN works, so if I am safe to watch tomorrow if I have time from work and from getting stuck online on the forum.

Biibi

Rinkside
Country
Finland
I think CBC and VPN works, so if I am safe to watch tomorrow if I have time from work and from getting stuck online on the forum.
If you’re in Finland we have Isu Youtube channel now since no one bought the rights after Viaplay. Videos stay up there like forever.

edit. Last year’s GP’s are still geoblocked

Tav

Rinkside
@RatedPG, if you only see Andrew when he's not at his best, then you have no way of knowing how good he is, or what he's capable of doing. He has skated lights out at U.S. Nationals, with exciting programs that included beautiful quads and triple axels.

Yes, Andrew is inconsistent, likely due mostly to nerves and trying too hard to fulfill high expectations. At the end of the day, it is what it is, but when skaters do not skate well, that's not always a true indication of their talent.

To me, Andrew is like Misha Kolyada. He can literally DO everything and do it extremely beautifully and perfectly, but he gets in his own way. He's too nervous, or too focused on the result, or something. He doesn't seem to have a disciplined mind enough to focus on the work he needs to do at the moment it needs to be done and damn the consequences. It's frustrating because even Kolyada never completely fulfilled his great potential and I fear that could be Andrew, too. Hopefully, Andrew can figure out how to handle his nerves. Misha learned more confidence in himself over time and ended up with a really fab career out of it, despite the somewhat unrealized potential left on the ice...

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
If you’re in Finland we have Isu Youtube channel now since no one bought the rights after Viaplay. Videos stay up there like forever.

edit. Last year’s GP’s are still geoblocked
Yes, the other members just told that the event will be there only a day or a couple but the videos will stay, though. Only ads are annoying today as there are those in the middle of programs in youtube, the premium would be answer and probably it is because they would like to people to buy the premium. I don't know who is commenting on CBC. But I have now watched the men and there was not too much commenting. So I can take it.

My quick notes: Dennis needs more buttons to his shirt. Sad about his falls. Ilia's Stsq was awesome. Kevin was Kevin after clean program. Cannot wait to see him live once again. Andreas did not have his best day, next time better and waiting also to see him live.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Just my two cents….

The Europeans have too high world standing due to numerous events held in Europe. Is the Swede kid really final flight calibre at GP events?
Well, Andreas was 18th at last worlds. Beating for example Andrew T.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I caught up with most of the men's SP. My favourites were Nika and Ilia.
Words aren't enough to describe the awesomeness of Ilia's jumps and now all the skating in-between is also catching up in terms of quality. Only the sit spins need a bit more work.
As for Nika, I just like his skating style, nice extension and costumes that emphasize his long lines plus ambitious technical content. :points:

throw_triple_flip

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
So I know it's different competitions, but Adam Siao Him Fa got over 109 points in his short at that international competition in Nice yesterday.

Ilia Malinin is more than capable of winning some serious medals, but he isn't unbeatable. This is an interesting time for men's skating, that's for sure.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Andreas's Espoo GP spot is probably host spot because Finland did not have enough own senior men in national team. That is why he has two spots. Finland calls skaters from neighbour countries or skaters who have relatives here and my quess is it is s way to lure audience on place.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Practice was pretty good for all the men pretty much, so Torgashev and Naumov's misses came as a bit of a disappointment. I think maybe because everyone was so strong in practice, that they all knew chances were about equal for everyone to be 3rd or last, and it had negative impact. Torgashev and Naumov are both really impressive live. I didn't think that PCS reflected the differences in SS/artistic presentation...it seemed more than the protocol would have it.

Maybe we expected more from the short based on practice, but the atmosphere of the arena and our friendly neighbors more than made up for it.

VickB

On the Ice
I find it he had lowest GOE mark of the ones who landed 4T 3T
and also skating skills , maybe intentionally undermarked by 5 points.. .

I just watched 3 times in french highlight video... his jump 4T 3T was very high 4T... obvious slighted by judges.