2014 Worlds Pairs Short Program | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds Pairs Short Program

oleada

Record Breaker
What!!! M-T/M are the class of the field so far! I'd have to protest that lowball score if I were them!

Disagree. Their program is well constructed and they skate it well. That said, their elements lack the amplitude that the Chinese or even A/M had, and you can see that in the TES. Their twist is much smaller; the death spiral is weak and the jumps were a bit shaky tonight. IMO - the judges got it right with this one.

S/K are skating very confident. Love what Nina Mozer has done for their overall skating skills. They skate with tons of speed and power now. Also, can't think of a current pairs lady that holds a landing edge on a throw as well as Ksenia right now.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV have intricate and unique choreography, which deserves higher TCS, but didn't he stumble at one point?

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
The crowd has been surprisingly mute thus far

Am i hallucinating or do D\R and Vanessa james have new outfits ?

cptnhastings

On the Ice
I think MT/M definitely have a great chance to medal still. They'll be in 5th or 6th likely at the end of the short and not far from the Chinese.

S/S are definitely doing Pink Panther for anyone who asked and isn't watching a feed.

Flaya

Match Penalty
The Chinese pairs are the surprise up until now.

I fear no medal for Canada at these Worlds, when did it happen for the last time?

aussie_SKATES

On the Ice
Teams are warming up their jumps.

Savchenko really stands out in her pink cat suit....or should that be panther suit?

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Duhamel saw a beautician. MAJOR improvement.

You're right about S/K's program. Flamenco? Where? But they are apparently the new anointed pair (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...).

oleada

Record Breaker
S/K's PCS is so inflated! They are slow and not bringing out the flair of the music. How on earth did they get 34+?!

Disagree. I think that S/K are skating with a lot of speed and power and using the music well. Fedor, in particular, has great edges.

Alba

Record Breaker
S/K are skating very confident. Love what Nina Mozer has done for their overall skating skills. They skate with tons of speed and power now. Also, can't think of a current pairs lady that holds a landing edge on a throw as well as Ksenia right now.

I fully agree. They have a beautiful choreo. as well and the music is spot on.

cptnhastings

On the Ice
I finally understood something on the Russian feed. He said Maxim Trankov a few times. :laugh:

I hope the final 4 pairs do great. Really rooting for S/S and C/S to do their best.

aussie_SKATES

On the Ice
Small bobble on the twist to start.
Nice sbs triple toe loops.
Huge throw triple flip and a unique lift from James and Cipres.

Crowd is clapping along to their step sequence. Go Team France!