2015-2016 Russian Nationals Pairs SP | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2015-2016 Russian Nationals Pairs SP

Layback11

Record Breaker
Another questionable google translate mistake: I put the pairs results through the translator and Natalia Zabijako got turned into Natalia Bully...?

Last edited:

andromache

Record Breaker
I hope K/S get silver here (seeing how close their score is to T/M is scary.) Only two-point difference in PCS? Really??

T/M are definitely a team of the future and they have some great elements but their programs are snoozeworthy. No where even close to being in the league of K/S's programs.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Another questionable google translate mistake: I put the pairs results through the translator and Natalia Zabijako got turned into Natalia Bully...?

Zabijaka (Забияка) in Russian means the person who loves starting arguing, teasing others, calling names etc. Well, a bully but usually less negative meaning

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker

Same thing as:
Mozgov - Brains,
Bobrova - Beaver,
Soloviev - Nightingale,
Sinitsina - Tit (as a bird),
Stolbova - Pillar,
Medvedeva - Bear,
Voronov - Crow.
And a lot of others...

sneakers

Match Penalty
I hope K/S get silver here (seeing how close their score is to T/M is scary.) Only two-point difference in PCS? Really??

T/M are definitely a team of the future and they have some great elements but their programs are snoozeworthy. No where even close to being in the league of K/S's programs.

Because kavaguti / smirnov were never their federations priority. Theu have to work all their way everytime or else. Very underrated like pang / tong

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
That's because mozgov is the genitive clause of mozgi, which means brain :laugh:

Zabijaka (Забияка) in Russian means the person who loves starting arguing, teasing others, calling names etc. Well, a bully but usually less negative meaning

Thx for the explanations.

So these are not "mistakes" at all by Google Translate.

Don't know why is it surprising or amusing to English-speakers when non-English names have real meaning as words.

Common names in English are real words as well: Cook, Baker, Smith, White, Black, etc., etc.

Same thing as:
Mozgov - Brains,
Bobrova - Beaver,
Soloviev - Nightingale,
Sinitsina - Tit (as a bird),
Stolbova - Pillar,
Medvedeva - Bear,
Voronov - Crow.
And a lot of others...

Thanks. :thumbsup:

whatif

Medalist
The level at Russian Pairs field is international competition worthy. You may have to combine Chinese/US/Canadin championships together to get this type of competition.

I say K/S and T/M scores are OK. K/S weren't as crisp as at earlier events. I hope Yuko stay on her feet tomorrow, otherwise kiss goodbye to Euros.

V/T were on whole other level. At this point only St/Kl could challenge them.

Last edited:

sneakers

Match Penalty
The level at Russian Pairs field is international competition worthy. You may have to combine Chinese/US/Canadin championships together to get this type of competition.

And that Is without s/k and some other russian junior

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I hope Yuko stay on her feet tomorrow, otherwise kiss goodbye to Euros.
ugh it would be if they miss euros:bang:

it was sooo sweet when Zhulin kissed tamara's head :biggrin::luv17:
& Yuko was even more smiley than usual
I like my icon
It becomes a good habit

allergic reaction? Where did they say that?
Fedor's insta

Last edited:

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
What huge depth Russia has in Pairs skating. That was a top level competition, the standard won't be this high at the Europeans. No falls at all.

V/T are rightly in the lead, I was expecting a bigger mark, this programme grows more and more on me each time I see it. It's good to have them back competing. My favourite short is K/S but they were slightly down on previous performances, the whole packaging really works and no matter where it is performed the audience seem to love it and react so well to it. That was T/M and best performance so far this season, I didn't expect them to be slow close to K/S but there is going to be a battle for that 2nd spot.

Very impressed with A/R in 4th, they have got real character and personality on the ice. I thought the score for Z/E was generous TES was impressive but the music is to big for them. I would have them behind B/D who were marked harshly for skating first, that was their best performance of the season, Vera's 3T was pretty good, great running edge on the throw. For B/K to get a last minute call up they delivered a great performance, they have got great potential but for being so new to pairs she has done well, I like them both. All the other couples performed great, I am a big fan of E/K but they have placed 11th.

Looking forward to the Free hopefully everyone skates well. Once again it was a very appreciative audiences, the Russian fans have impressed me after seeing them at both the COR and the Morodovian Ornament, clearly they love their figure skating.

hanca

Record Breaker
All the other couples performed great, I am a big fan of E/K but they have placed 11th.

I am also a big fan of Efimova/Korovin. I hope they won't remain 11th. Their skate was quite decent, they also have a good basics but they messed the last spin. I didn't see the protocols so I don't know if the spin was counted at all, and if it was, it would probably be just the lowest level. I do hope they can improve in the FS. It is quite realistic for them to get to 8th place if they skate clean. They have been getting better overall score than the three couples above them, and they are quite close point wise, so they may manage it.

sneakers

Match Penalty
results in english: http://fsrussia.ru/results/1516/rusnat1516/SEG007.HTM

1 Tatiana Volosozhar / Maxim Trankov 83.65
2 Yuko Kavaguti / Alexander Smirnov 77.26
3 Evgenia Tarasova / Vladimir Morozov 77.21
4 Kristina Astakhova / Alexei Rogonov 71.89
5 Natalia Zabijako/ Alexander Enbert 70.60
6 Vera Bazarova /Andrei Deputat 67.30
7 Sofia Biryukova / Andrei Filonov 62.60
8 Anastasia Gubanova / Alexei Sintsov 56.55
9 Alexandra Shevchenko / Ivan Bich 55.36
10 Anastasia Poluianova / Stepan Korotkov 54.45
11 Alisa Efimova / Alexander Korovin 54.34
12 Tatiana Kuznetsova / Semen Stepanov 50.40

oleada

Record Breaker
Plus some sort of back issue that prevented him from training in two weeks (as per Gorshkov)