2023 Russian Nationals Pairs Free Skate | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2023 Russian Nationals Pairs Free Skate

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Although there were issues, that was a fun programme from Artemieva / Bryukhanov.

Haven't heard "Natural Blues" being skated to before, but I hope we do again.

You know, it's a wonder that @elektra blue hasn't joined us yet, what with there being so many redheads in not just the opening group, but also the second.

Or, do these glasses need cleaned?

CaroLiza_fan
because i'm in Japan right now :biggrin: i'll be joining you later after the women free in Japan is over

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I think it's part of the act? Aren't they super young?

She's 19, he's 21. (Which surprised me, they look so much younger)

But, seeing the replay, nah it wasn't real!

Lots of presents for them. Including a Pikachu. Which is timely, as the film is being shown on BBC1 this afternoon.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
As for Mukhortova, she looks like a little clone of Evgenia Tarasova.

Hence why a lot of us have got into the habit of calling her "Bonsai Tarasova".

@elektra blue - I know you are the most frequent user of it, but was it you that created that nickname, or was it somebody else?

CaroLiza_fan

Pairluv

Final Flight
Whoa. I can't believe he saved that lift as well as he did. She was totally off center. And, then a fall in the spin. This is a freaky event. But, good for him. The program was going so well up till then. I really like them.

While the ice makes, is there any news on the Russian forums about PanfiIova/Rybov? I will be very very sad for them not to reach their senior potential.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
oh no! scary axel lift, and then a drop during the spin. A few of the other couples' lifts have looked trembly today, is it just me? hope it isn't something in the air.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
You know, given that Coolio died a few months ago, I would have expected anybody skating to "Gangster's Paradise" this season to use his version. Even though I actually like the 2WEI version.

Such a shame about double fall at the end. They were lucky to walk away from it - it was mighty scary! Not the way you want to finish your Championships.

Wow! Despite this, they still take the lead in both FS and overall. Mind you, it is only by half a point in the FS.

Time for a resurfacing.

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Heh look at Moskvina in that sea of giants!

Also I was catching up on the Pairs SP and I'm pretty sure they got her a box to stand on :laugh2:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I don't know what I want to go "awwww" at more - the cuddly toy behind the skaters as they were waiting to go onto the ice, or the wee girl holding it!

:love:

CaroLiza_fan

Pairluv

Final Flight
Jeeze even Kolesov is having lift problems. They are usually rock solid. At this point, I just hope nobody gets hurt.

As it goes, good SP, bad FS. Sigh.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Here they are the original Tarasova/Morozov!

Nervous times! Can they move up in the standings?