2015 Glacier Falls Summer Classic, July 30-Aug. 2, Anaheim, CA | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2015 Glacier Falls Summer Classic, July 30-Aug. 2, Anaheim, CA

Layback11

Record Breaker
Macquarie is a reference to Brendan Kerry's club, if I am not mistaken.

Not to a person named Brendan Macquarie.

Thanks Golden! That was a little confusing, LOL. Makes a lot more sense than two Australian skaters named Brendan :laugh2:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The Macquarie Skating Club in Sydney is Brendan's home club. Also notable because I think it is the only (?) rink in Australia that is in a shopping centre (mall for you Americans).

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Updated list of Junior FULL VIDEOS on IN:

2015 Glacier Falls Junior Ladies B SP
2015 Glacier Falls Junior Ladies A SP
Glacier Falls Jr Ladies FS A
2015 Glacier Falls Junior Men's FS
2015 Glacier Falls Junior Men's SP
2015 Glacier Falls Junior Ladies Final FS​

ETA, added on 8/12/2015:
2015 Glacier Falls Junior Ladies B FS​

The Senior FULL VIDEOS on IN were complete as of yesterday.

All links to full videos on IN are here:

Last edited:

frida80

Record Breaker
I just watched Vivian Le's short program. Wow not only was her 3Lz+3T massive, she did a double tano with the Lutz! Gracie needs to watch out. Actually I think everyone needs to watch out!

samson

Medalist
Wow yeah Vivian is impressive for sure. Here's to hoping she can sustain this level throughout the season. I guess she's young so there's a better chance of that maybe? Big big jumps! And solid presentation.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Besides jumps and other tech elements, I was also very impressed by Vivian's skating skills!

frida80

Record Breaker
Her first JGP is coming up soon. I hope she can repeat these performances. If she progresses well she might be able to challenge the Russians.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Watched the juniors final. Paige Rydberg's FS was spellbinding! New favorite junior! Vivian's was gorgeous too. Are the American junior ladies back on top for the first time since the days of Caroline Zhang (or even 2012 Gracie)? Probably not, but Vivian is going to be something amazing. I can feel it.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Last year, Vivian only had the 3lutz and 3Toe. This year, she's adding flip, loop, and sal into the mix. changing up her rippon lutz. She might be the Karen Chen of 2016.

It's shocking to see the highest score for Jr. Men SP was 62+. Hers was 65+.
Total combined for Jr. men was 172+. Hers was 182+.

Last edited:

aromaticchicken

On the Ice
Am I the only one who's bothered by her arms/tense shoulders and upper body? It's especially apparently going into jumps (that crazy fidgeting before the Lutz drives me insane) but she just doesn't have a relaxed posture or polish to me and I really am bothered.... It's why even though she has the jumps I can't compare her to karen Chen....

Could just me be me lol

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Posture can be taught but if you don't have the jumps you aren't going anywhere. Just look at Gracie's posture back in 2011-12 compared to now. As for Vivian compared to Karen Chen let's hope she's more consistent then Karen who has been underwhelming at times on the JGP.

aromaticchicken

On the Ice
Posture can be taught but if you don't have the jumps you aren't going anywhere. Just look at Gracie's posture back in 2011-12 compared to now. As for Vivian compared to Karen Chen let's hope she's more consistent then Karen who has been underwhelming at times on the JGP.

Karen's been underwhelming on the grand prix? She has medaled in every JGP event she has been sent to...

She only struggled at the end of 2013-14 and in the start of 2014-15 because 1) she had an injury, and 2) the lutz was the solo jump last season, so she had to do a different combination in the short program than her preferred combination, 3Lz-3T. Her falling on a 3Lo-3T attempt at Junior Worlds was her undoing in the SP. (The latter is less of an excuse, but still a consideration).

jkun

Final Flight
Errr.. polina looks like she is starting to change her lutz edge? or getting close to a very borderline flutz.. Did she sacrifice her lutz to correct the flip problems from last season? Her jumps look really solid, fluid, and tight though compared to everyone else.

Last edited: