2023 World Junior Free Dance | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2023 World Junior Free Dance

yesterday

Record Breaker
Missing @yesterday and their sword fighting emoji.

I think this is still good now, to honor the winners :biggrin:
default_fechten.gif

They simplified their lifts, understandable given the falls at JGPF but the program is not as interesting anymore

Yeah I was waiting for the wonderful opening rotation lift and then that :scratch2:

~~~~
gaaah can you all just stop talking about chicken? 🤤

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
interesting.. as they are all standing on the podium, the Canadians seem to be taller than the Czechs, i thought it would be the opposite... maybe it's the angle.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
On ISU bios they declare

1.67 and 1.80cm for B/B
1.64 and 1.75 for M/M
which is what it looked like on the podium... i always thought Peter was a shorter guy... he must be quite handsome at 180cm :)

thanks for always coming through with the info ! You are the best !

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
OK! Two mile power walk and barbequed chicken with real charcoal and fried potatos with bacon...beer and no margaritta...no time.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Gutted for Phebe and James! RObbed of the scores they deserve twice now
Welcome to figure skating. Actually, with dance, I just enjoyed the final flight...amazing performances...I will let the judges judge....I like the performance art....

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I think Ted deserves a medal and flowers!🌻
i am picky with him on the names but then, he is a trooper... I am exhausted from watching all of this and i don't have to keep a smart and informative conversation, nor enthusiasm.. and i take mental breaks whenever :) (or fridge pauses) it's amazing how dedicated he is and how much stamina he has.

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
I am thrilled to see the US maintain their 3 spots in dance and pairs. I'm still in shock over the ladies but, I'll get over it. Come on Gents, you don't have to win, as long as you leave the ice with a smile.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
American judge : I am watching you....

BB in 5th (they finished 3rd)
Sandrine and Quentin in 9th (they finished 6th)

Leah and Artem in 3rd... (they finished 5th)
Jenna and Benjamin in 6th (they finished 7th.. so i guess that's not too far away)
Helena and Volodymyr in 7th, (they finished 9th)

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Wow, this was so exciting and fun to watch! We loved Cyprus’ team very much! Probably our favourites…and they were so friendly to mom’s toy distribution efforts.

And the top 5 were all so, so good. B/B were skating with such emotion, mom and I got really surprised they weren’t flooded with gifts, so we like tossed a silly little toy… and if I knew they and M/M wouldn’t be getting anything, I’d have bought giant stuffies!

Also, wow for the Korean team! Like goosebumps great!

I could feel how careful M/M were in the free but I totally get that and the synchronicity of their movements and closeness is incredible.

I can’t wait to see them all in the gala.

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
Wow! Korea đź‘Ź
She is outstanding. So much confidence.
I like the program of Canadians more. But, the girl on this team makes me think this was a stronger free dance than the Canadians.
To get patriotically picky -- actually they're a team of Canadians representing the Korea of their ancestors/parents.