2015 Russian Nationals Ladies SP | Page 34 | Golden Skate

2015 Russian Nationals Ladies SP

silverlake22

Record Breaker
It's going to be interesting to see if the top 10 ladies at US Nationals can all score 60+ in the SP. I feel that, in theory, this is possible, but I'd be surprised if it actually happened. The depth in Russian ladies is truly incredible.

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Natalia O: I really enjoyed her! Great 3L-3L and her spins were great. The commentators said she's only 14 years old but she definitely has the maturity and presence of someone much older. I'm interested to see how she'll do in the FS...

Indeed, this girl is my new discovery at this National event.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Anybody knows why Julia's TES were so low? The video quality was not good for me to asses any faults...She must have got some wrong edges, as she never placed behind Alena in the recent years.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Yes, the judges determined she was under-rotated and was downgraded on some jumps. In one of these threads, there's a breakdown of the judges' scoring...

Sabrina

Record Breaker
So, what jumps were downgraded? There are only 3. Guess the combination3Lz3T...or stupid edge on Flip. I read all the thread and I saw the broken scores, but those don't show which jump was wrong.

MIM

Medalist
Liza looked energetic today. Her spins seem faster than before. I liked her every jump -amazing technic, flow, exit choreo, etc. I want to see her skate to a different music though next season. I admit that the choreo does not live up to the music, but she performed the best with what was given.

Elena was good! The one reason I cannot like her fully though is her 3t in her combination jump. She doesn't seem to use the flow/speed from 3lz into the 3t. The flow suddenly stops and she generates all the power by her upper body to make the jump happen. When she takes off, her shoulders are extremely hunched.

I am glad to see Evgenia perform with such grace and ease. She seems to have everything- line, spin, jump, and style . A classical prototype in ladies figure skating? It will be interesting to see her grow and develop the qualities she has now in her senior year.

Regardless of the ranking, I loved watching Elizaveta Iushenko and Maria Artemieva.
Iushenko has a quite impressive speed/power and great flow in and out of jump. Her talent seems raw and unpolished yet, but she stood out to me among those many unfamiliar Russian skaters in the competition.
Artemieva is just gorgeous and has good style. Her jumps today except 2a were so high and has good qualities.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If that's the case, it seems like she was overscored not underscored. In what world would a SP with 2 URs and a ! on the lutz get 66.90 :confused:

I kind of agree and disagree. I'm going to try to make sense out of what may seem like nonsense :laugh: hey it's Russian Nationals and all.

For starters I think the biggest problem and factor in all of this is that Yulia isn't skating at her best level. That is the main problem for her. All things considered I don't think Yulia was afforded the same inflation as her peers. The reasons are many and clearly debatable.

Here is what I think... Elena and Yulia both had season best scores of around 67. Neither were their best SP's yesterday by any means but it was clear Elena was better. Much better. So if we assume it was GP and they had they skated similar then their scores would be lower. Maybe a 65-67 for Elena and probably a 62-64 for Yulia. 3-4 or difference between the two give or take depending on the panel. Yulia gave up around 4pts on TES and lost PCS to get to these scores. So assuming she went clean she would have peaked under the same inflation around 74 but instead she was given less and cpuld have only peaked around 70-71 if clean. So I think it's fair to say she was inflated but about 3-4 pts less then everyone else. The reasons.....<insert here>....but no one knows for sure. I'm not bold enough to pretend I know why:slink:

I guess it just seems that the top girls were basically spotted a fall no matter how clean Yulia went. Maybe it's just the Feds way of assuring them a spot which is fine. Yulia got a 70 last year with a step out. It's nationals. I don't find it even to be a terrible thing but...I think it happened. Make of it what you will. :laugh:

Last edited:

Lfmesquite

Match Penalty
I kind of agree and disagree. I'm going to try to make sense out of what may seem like nonsense :laugh: hey it's Russian Nationals and all.

For starters I think the biggest problem and factor in all of this is that Yulia isn't skating at her best level. That is the main problem for her. All things considered I don't think Yulia was afforded the same inflation as her peers. The reasons are many and clearly debatable.

Here is what I think... Elena and Yulia both had season best scores of around 67. Neither were their best SP's yesterday by any means but it was clear Elena was better. Much better. So if we assume it was GP and they had they skated similar then their scores would be lower. Maybe a 65-67 for Elena and probably a 62-64 for Yulia. 3-4 or difference between the two give or take depending on the panel. Yulia gave up around 4pts on TES and lost PCS to get to these scores. So assuming she went clean she would have peaked under the same inflation around 74 but instead she was given less and cpuld have only peaked around 70-71 if clean. So I think it's fair to say she was inflated but about 3-4 pts less then everyone else. The reasons.....<insert here>....but no one knows for sure. I'm not bold enough to pretend I know why:slink:

I guess it just seems that the top girls were basically spotted a fall no matter how clean Yulia went. Maybe it's just the Feds way of assuring them a spot which is fine. Yulia got a 70 last year with a step out. It's nationals. I don't find it even to be a terrible thing but...I think it happened. Make of it what you will. :laugh:

Oh okay, so you think it's all a setup and the Fed controls the judges and all? I've heard that before. I don't know if there's any truth to it but people always tend to think things like that.

Lfmesquite

Match Penalty
Pretty much the vibe I'm getting from people in here is that Lipnitskaya was ripped off by the judges and for some reason they want her out. The Federation is pushing her out, it's a conspiracy.

Any true to that or just crazy fans? Who knows

ahy

Final Flight
Yulia's 3lz and 3f definitely deserve a ! or even an e. The 3t looks under rotated and as well as the 2a, she'd better fix it, it's so off the axis how did she manage to land it. Her 2a technique already wasnt good befoe, but this year her 2a is tooooo tilted and hardly has any height ...

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Pretty much the vibe I'm getting from people in here is that Lipnitskaya was ripped off by the judges and for some reason they want her out. The Federation is pushing her out, it's a conspiracy.

You missed the drama then. Several people including Alexander Lakernik (he is also referee in ladies competition here), Eteri Tutberidze, Nina Mozer :)rolleye:) has made some statments before the competition about third spot at team. As a summary, Russian officials will consider sending Adelina Sotnikova to Euros if she heals in time, Eteri has stated that it will be really injustice if they choose Adelina who hasn't competing at international events this season so far, then Nina Mozer attacked Tutberidze saying that Adelina is defending olympic champion and if Julia was so talented she shouldn't bomb at ladies event in Sochi olympics etc.

NaVi

Medalist
Neither were their best SP's yesterday by any means but it was clear Elena was better.

Disagree completely... it really was easily Elena's best performance of the year.

So I think it's fair to say she was inflated but about 3-4 pts less then everyone else. The reasons.....<insert here>....but no one knows for sure.

I think it's pretty obvious, Yulia didn't skate as well as Leonova and so she was put below Leonova(and Leonova does not exactly have much favoritism) ..

I also think Radionova got such a huge score because she skated better than Liza who was given a huge score... a little boost on top of a little boost... the gap is a matter of positional scoring pushing Yulia below Leonova and Elena above Liza...

NaVi

Medalist

It's not true...