2015 Tallinn Trophy Men SP and FS | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2015 Tallinn Trophy Men SP and FS

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
great job by Max, that fall looked scary though, congratulations to all medalists! :clapper:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I recommend watching his WTT long and the SA long and this one.

There was much more of everything in the WTT version.

I hope they go back to that one, and I hope that Max performs it flawlessy at Nats and wins.
(And I say this as a JB stan)

I'll do that. Was that Philip Mills in K/C with Max?

I want to see Max do well, there's something so engaging and open about his personality on the ice. But I am a JB Uber. :)

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to Max. His win was kind of a foregone conclusion but it was a good opportunity for him to do his programs before an international panel. If he hadn't fallen on the second quad, his score would have been as good or better than at Skate America. Good job!

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes I do miss parts of the old choreo a lot, but I think this gets the job done as long as he can deliver most of the jumps.

I agree. For Max, it's mostly about the jumps. His PCS has risen even with the revised choreo, so that is a good thing. Go Max and win Nationals!

TMC

Record Breaker
I'll do that. Was that Philip Mills in K/C with Max?

I want to see Max do well, there's something so engaging and open about his personality on the ice. But I am a JB Uber. :)

Yes, it was Mills. I love seeing him in the K&C, one of my favourite FS memories is when Machida hugged him, in tears, after that glorious SP at 2014 Worlds.

Here's the WTT version
(for a fellow JB Uber, no favour is too big :biggrin: ):

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, it was Mills. I love seeing him in the K&C, one of my favourite FS memories is when Machida hugged him, in tears, after that glorious SP at 2014 Worlds.

Here's the WTT version
(for a fellow JB Uber, no favour is too big :biggrin: ):

Thank you! That SP is the one that made me a Machida fan at SA 2013. Simply gorgeous and breathtaking. I always thought they were creating an homage to Michelle Kwan's East of Eden program at 1998 world professionals.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Well at least they didn't say Maxwell Theodore, so we know he's not in real trouble...

I also giggled to see the usfs call him by his proper name :laugh:

I knew that was his full name but is that some kind of running joke? Do they call him that when he skates badly? Or is there some interview I need to have watched? :p

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Thank you! That SP is the one that made me a Machida fan at SA 2013. Simply gorgeous and breathtaking. I always thought they were creating an homage to Michelle Kwan's East of Eden program at 1998 world professionals.

Yep, that program choreographed by Phillip Mills for Machida was a great treasure to me too. :luv17:

I hope more skaters with musicality and big names commission to Mills. So we can see more of Mill's world of art.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What's the story with Max's jump layout? He does two 2a, two 3a, two 4s, a 3s, and a lutz and a loop. Where is the flip and why only one lutz? It's a very odd layout IMO and seven of the jumps are salchow or axel variation. Just wondering because he has one of the better lutzes out there. Am I alone in finding this to be a weird jump layout?

TMC

Record Breaker
Well at least they didn't say Maxwell Theodore, so we know he's not in real trouble...

I also giggled to see the usfs call him by his proper name :laugh:

That was my first thought as well!! :laugh:

I just pictured a situation where this tweet would be followed by something like "With a 7th place at Cup of Nice, @JasonBrown totals a measly 191.16 points (91.13 FS). Jason Lawrence Brown, go to your rink and practice right this minute!"

TMC

Record Breaker
What's the story with Max's jump layout? He does two 2a, two 3a, two 4s, a 3s, and a lutz and a loop. Where is the flip and why only one lutz? It's a very odd layout IMO and seven of the jumps are salchow or axel variation. Just wondering because he has one of the better lutzes out there. Am I alone in finding this to be a weird jump layout?

He's liable to get an edge call on the flip, so 2 2As make sense in that case at least?

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I thought he did an extra jumping pass. Are the protocols out yet?