2016-2017 Grand Prix selections | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016-2017 Grand Prix selections

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
yep too excited about Denny/Frazier back as well
& yep I was hoping to see Adelina & Carolina on those lists :(

oh & ofc Daniel & Deniss! they have the power to take active part in the adult cometitions!
the future is here!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Anyway, Timothy Dolensky, and Nicolas Nadeau, both with the amazing last season have no GP assignment yet....You can share the feeling with me.

You're right!` How come Nicolas who was second at JWC didn't get spot even though he said he's going senior? SA gave a spot for Pogrebinsky/Benoit and they weren't even on podium! Skate Canada better gave him that one remaining spot... I'm happy that Nam got two, but c'mon!

Very happy that dance has 10 teams per event! And the Natalia & Maks getting second GP is just awesome! same goes for Ruslena, but I never doubt they would get second one :) Also, nice that Anna Pogoilaya has good chances to qualify to PF :) And Mikhail Kolyada has not bad events either. And Han Yan got two GPs! :hap10:

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
When you realise Skate America is 16 weeks ahead and we're just 4 hours into the 16-17 season

Rissa

Record Breaker
oh & ofc Daniel & Deniss! they have the power to take active part in the adult cometitions!
the future is here!

I'm really excited for the newbies. Both Daniel and Deniss should become a staple at Euros and Worlds because they're from small federations but it will be nice to see them doing GP. Plus, Sota and Nathan will face off twice this season, to make up for the Junior Worlds :laugh: I'm already wondering what post-Pyeongchang men's field will look like: Boyang, Shoma, Nam (hopefully), Nathan, Sota, Daniel, Deniss... who will join them??? :laugh:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
A lot of new comers from juniors in ladies! :cheer:

Wakaba Higuchi :rock: I'm ready to be surprised with her huge jumps!

Bit surprised that both Yura Matsuda and Mai Mihara from Japan have 2 GP spots. Matsuda in a JGP delighted me, so I'm glad for her smooth start as a senior debutante. Japanese ladies' field is really touch. Mariko Kihara, Haruka Imai, Miyabi Oba, Riona Kato and Miyu Nakashio, all who previously got at least one GP assignment have no GP allocation this season. I thought Rin Nitaya and Kaori Sakamoto are going to become seniors, but well...

Maria Sotskova, Serafima Sakhanovich, Da Bin Choi, and Tyler Pierce: OK, but I hope Sakhanovich get one more GP assignment if the growth spurt was finally over.

Last edited:

tinnychan

On the Ice
Daniel Samohin will the only Jr. Worlds Champion make the Senior GP debut:scratch2:

Nathan and Sota will make them GP debut and they will against each other in the same event:laugh:

Congratulation to GP debut, Daniel SAMOHIN, , Deniss VASILJEVS, Nathan CHEN, Sota YAMAMOTO, Tyler PIERCE, Serafima SAKHANOVICH, Maria SOTSKOVA, Mai MIHARA, Wakaba HIGUCHI, Yura MATSUDA & Da Bin CHOI
:agree:

Last edited:

yuna13

On the Ice
excited about ice dance, last year we had to wait until gpf to see top ice dance teams against each other.

now we have : skate canada V/M against C/B

cor W/P against C/B

Coc W/P against SHIBS

and what i'm the most excited about NHK P/C against V/M

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A bit off-topic, I think Tara was right on that Nathan could have been a dark horse at Nats. Except her prediction came one year too early.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
Don't forget about Skate America, who knows what kinds of moves Bobrova/Soloviev, a reinvigorated and Igored Iliynkh/Sinitsina, and Hubbell/Donahue can make against the Shibs.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
I am now in an airport. Thoughts! :popcorn:

Ladies:

-SA looks awesome.
-I thought Zhenia would be in Russia...
-I want Sima to get another event.
-Not expecting Mihara to get 2 or Wagner vs. Gold at SA.
-Also wasn't expecting Matsuda to get 2.

Dance:

-M/C and P/P are still juniors. Not expecting that.
-NHK sounds awesome.
-I like that there are more slots.
-Who are the Belorussians?

I was going to discuss men, but I couldn't think of much to say.

catchie

On the Ice
I follow Ashley Wagner on snapchat and she just posted a selfie with a text "When you see the GP assignments and it's not really what you asked for but brows are on point so YOLO"

I bet she didn't ask for a showdown with Gracie. Stupid USFSA. Sigh.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
2 spots for Lauriault Le Gac !! Great for them
Yeah, I was a little suprised, but it's great :) Anyone else noticed that Paradis/Oulette has got 0 spots? I know their season wasn't best, but they are Candian bronze medalists and Mitch/Islam got their spots. Have they split?

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I follow Ashley Wagner on snapchat and she just posted a selfie with a text "When you see the GP assignments and it's not really what you asked for but brows are on point so YOLO"

My bet is she wanted Skate Canada again but we'll never know unless she tells us. Why she's going to CoC is also a mystery.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

I know! While I'm also excited for the showdown, for gods sake, why can't they send Gracie elsewhere for once? :( Is she really the poster child of American ladies skating? I get it, she's the national champion, but she got skate America last year not being the national champion, and now we have Ashley who broke the world medal drought.... By default shouldn't that make her the poster child?

Boo-urns.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Yeah, I was a little suprised, but it's great :) Anyone else noticed that Paradis/Oulette has got 0 spots? Have they split?

Paradis & Oullette had a spot guaranteed. That plus the rumors. So my guess would be that he answer is, "Yes." Though I suppose there could be an injury, but no rumors @one.

rosy14

Final Flight
No, he has not. I also thought I misread his name as Aliev. That assignments surprised me to be honest. Aliev seems like staying junior one more year.

If I'm right, his trainer is Mishin, so if a Federation wants Mishin's, get Dmitriev too.It's second place is in Moscow, however. too

rosy14

Final Flight
excited about ice dance, last year we had to wait until gpf to see top ice dance teams against each other.

now we have : skate canada V/M against C/B

cor W/P against C/B

Coc W/P against SHIBS

and what i'm the most excited about NHK P/C against V/M

Plus C/L the 4th at Worlds in Boston