2016-2017 Men's Power Rankings | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016-2017 Men's Power Rankings

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
lol

i'm pretty sure she knew... and she was just making a joke :) i got what you mean... your English is as beautiful as Daisuke ;)
Sorry, my crap English:slink: I meant the order: 1and 2 Fernández /Hanyu or Hanyu/Fernández :hopelessness:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Sorry, my crap English:slink: I meant the order: 1and 2 Fernández /Hanyu or Hanyu/Fernández :hopelessness:
No, sorry, my mistake, you're fine :palmf: I was attempting a joke. I should just stop doing that. Or ask for my own smiley that holds up a sign or something like that :laugh:

sammyott

Rinkside
1. Hanyu - unbeatable when skate is clean
2. Fernandez - would love to see him take on a different style and work on developing the expression of different emotions
3. Chan - if he gets that second quad and is consistent with his 3As, his component score will take him above the pack
4. Kolyada - he's going to be riding high from his great worlds performance, and his jump technique is so beautiful. Needs better vehicles.
5. Jin - TES...need I say more?
6. Uno - Middle of the pack for me and is going to develop throughout the season.
7. Brown - Great component skater, but technical not there. Also wanna chop off that ponytail.
8. Rippon - I actually really like the music for his FS this year and I want him to prove me wrong on this list
9. Aaron - Really needs to emote
10. idk

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
like a joke attempt disclaimer icon ? :rofl:

i thought it was funny as in hanyu's letter we find yuna !!!
No, sorry, my mistake, you're fine :palmf: I was attempting a joke. I should just stop doing that. Or ask for my own smiley that holds up a sign or something like that :laugh:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Have you really no faith in Max or National Champion, Adam Rippon? Shame.................:disapp:

I wouldn't worry about it. Things change a lot during the season (for example, last year many people placed Nam quite high in their rankings), people have their favorites, predictions aren't always logical, and since we haven't seen much of Adam - and nothing of Max - since Worlds, people may not know where to place them. Once they compete at their first Senior Bs, I'm sure Max and Adam will factor into the discussion, whether or not they make it onto people's lists.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
It's not about health. He needs a complete and total overhaul which apparently isn't going to happen. The results as of late speak for themselves.

Just wondering if you are referring to his Four Continents 2016 bronze where he scored 271.55 points, with a personal best FS and total score? Or is that result not "as of late" enough for you? :sarcasm:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I really want to see more European men step up this season. Could it be Kolyada and Daniel? It would be nice to have one of them in the GP Final along with Javi.

mcq

Record Breaker
Not doing prediction cause it will always be off anyway year by year, there will always be unpredictable stuff like :
someone on top having a meltdown and someone under the radar having lightspeed progress :biggrin:
But quite surprised that most people placed uno behind Chan and Jin considering he upped his tech (5 quads with 3 4F :shocked:) and has high PCS for a rookie senior (above 40 for SP and almost 90 for FS only from last season).

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
variety would be nice but when looking at the line up, just at skate canada, with Yuzu and Patrick, and all the others, where will Daniel fit in? just one example... I think it will be actually quite tough for anyone to qualify except perhaps yuzu and javi... it will certainly be exciting.
I really want to see more European men step up this season. Could it be Kolyada and Daniel? It would be nice to have one of them in the GP Final along with Javi.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Not doing prediction cause it will always be off anyway year by year, there will always be unpredictable stuff like :
someone on top having a meltdown and someone under the radar having lightspeed progress :biggrin:
But quite surprised that most people placed uno behind Chan and Jin considering he upped his tech (5 quads with 3 4F :shocked:) and has high PCS for a rookie senior (above 40 for SP and almost 90 for FS only from last season).

I can only speak for myself...I placed Uno behind because after having seen his new program, it didn't have the refinement he showed with last year's program... yup, it's early in the season but the tango style doesn't suit him at all IMHO. Tango requires sharp movement and extreme understanding of rhythm... a black and red costume doesn't suffice to draw the audience in... I think it's a big mistake actually. He's so young and has this cute babyface... it really doesn't project strong, tall, male edgy dancing. That's just my opinion... so I think the packaging is off this year, PCS may not be as easy to get and on top of that, he will rely too much on getting his 4F landed. The 4F is not such a great jump for him yet. I wonder how he will react to the pressure now that he is expected to do well.. which is another reason why he may have a tough year. He did very well in GP or TCC but not in the more important competition like WC.

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
I wouldn't worry about it. Things change a lot during the season (for example, last year many people placed Nam quite high in their rankings), people have their favorites, predictions aren't always logical, and since we haven't seen much of Adam - and nothing of Max - since Worlds, people may not know where to place them. Once they compete at their first Senior Bs, I'm sure Max and Adam will factor into the discussion, whether or not they make it onto people's lists.

Thanks Tavi..........See, that made me feel better and now I can sleep. But, before I put on my Pajama's. Go Patrick!!! :bed:

mcq

Record Breaker
I can only speak for myself...I placed Uno behind because after having seen his new program, it didn't have the refinement he showed with last year's program... yup, it's early in the season but the tango style doesn't suit him at all IMHO. Tango requires sharp movement and extreme understanding of rhythm... a black and red costume doesn't suffice to draw the audience in... I think it's a big mistake actually. He's so young and has this cute babyface... it really doesn't project strong, tall, male edgy dancing. That's just my opinion... so I think the packaging is off this year, PCS may not be as easy to get and on top of that, he will rely too much on getting his 4F landed. The 4F is not such a great jump for him yet. I wonder how he will react to the pressure now that he is expected to do well.. which is another reason why he may have a tough year. He did very well in GP or TCC but not in the more important competition like WC.

Oh yes, I completely understand. I am just surprised that it is almost a consensus; instead of having some predict him higher and some lower :biggrin:
If talking about scoring potential, clean hanyu is mid 320s to 330, clean javi is low/mid 320s to high 320s (idk why, i still think the judges won't make him break hanyu's WR even if he's clean, just my feeling), clean chan is low 300 to mid/high 300 (if he include 2nd 3A maybe 310ish), clean shoma is mid/high 290s to maybe low/mid 300s (with 5 quads and 3 3A), clean boyang is high 280s to low/mid 290s (with last season's layout).

Though when talking about 5-6 quads it is impossible to be clean each time. Thus the rankings will pretty much scrambled up depending on who skate the cleanest, which is why doing prediction will likely be off. (Though i think Javi/Yuzu will likely still be 1/2 with 1-2 mistake, unless they royally screw up, which is also not impossible)