2016 Europeans Pairs Free Skate | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2016 Europeans Pairs Free Skate

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Aliona: Max we need to train Quad twist and Quad throw!
Max: I will NEVER attempt the Quad! My superior interpretation skills and dramatic expressions will get us the Gold!
well he doesnt want to quad throw Tanya but I bet he'd be willing to throw ALena:cool:

Last edited:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
well he doesnt want to throw Tanya but I bet he'd be willing to throw ALena:cool:

Nah, Aliona would be a pain in the *ss for sure, but he'd know it'd be worth it to stick together.

Maria Mukhortova on the other hand... he'd have no qualms throwing her into quads if they were needed in Vancouver. ;)

Luna Cat

Rinkside
Astakhova/Rogonov had only 3T + combo and one invalid lift which cost a lot of points. But Aljona and Bruno lost more points because of 2 invalid lifts (I don't unterstand why the last lift was also invalid). Their basic value is only 44,38 - they only get silver because of the Program Components (almost the same as V/T). I like this couple but these PCS are really too much. If they skated clean ok, but not for this ... :noshake::confused::bed:

Lota

Record Breaker
Astakhova/Rogonov had only 3T + combo and one invalid lift which cost a lot of points. But Aljona and Bruno lost more points because of 2 invalid lifts (I don't unterstand why the last lift was also invalid). Their basic value is only 44,38 - they only get silver because of the Program Components (almost the same as V/T). I like this couple but these PCS are really too much. If they skated clean ok, but not for this ... :noshake::confused::bed:

TAT said that the last lift may have been counted as acrobatic, and therefore invalid. Perhaps the same for A/R? :confused:

alebi

Medalist
Interesting to see that Aliona and Bruno, who had the most impressive 3Twist, actually only got a level two for the element... They still need to work a lot together!

QuadThrow

Medalist
Could someone explain why the last from S/M was Invalid?

Germany has never have a Lobby last years. Maybe judges want to prohibit the Russians to win too much medals. Perhaps Didier works in the backround for a good score for S/M, because he wants the German vote. He does not care about the Russian vote he will never receive.;))

QuadThrow

Medalist
Interesting to see that Aliona and Bruno, who had the most impressive 3Twist, actually only got a level two for the element... They still need to work a lot together!

They do not have a difficult entry and sometimes they touch each other at the end... I am sure they will work on Level 4 and and 4Tw4 next year.

estla

Rinkside
One stupid question: Why Aliona never go to Russia for a new partner? Is that because of certain reasons? I mean, she's Ukrainian, it would be easy to get Russian nationality. There are always several good male skaters in Russia and she deserves a top class partner.

Last edited:

alebi

Medalist
One stupid question: Why Aliona never go to Russia for a new partner? I mean, there are always several good male skaters in Russia and she deserve a top class partner.

At the time she decided to go on with her career, I thought she was going to pair off with Smirnov...

HanDomi

Record Breaker
One stupid question: Why Aliona never go to Russia for a new partner? Is that because of certain reasons? I mean, she's Ukrainian, it would be easy to get Russian nationality. There are always several good male skaters in Russia and she deserve a top class partner.

Am I the only one who thinks she has found really good partner for her ? She is the star in this partnership, but he is mighty strong and can do with her in the air what he wants. He is also very consistent jumper, mistake like today can always happen.

alebi

Medalist
Am I the only one who thinks she has found really good partner for her ? She is the star in this partnership, but he is mighty strong and can do with her in the air what he wants. He is also very consistent jumper, mistake like today can always happen.

Given how big Bruno is, I wonder why they don't train the 3Axel again... :scratch2:

QuadThrow

Medalist
But the 3Axel is the only one that can be performed even in a short programme, at least with today's rules

true, but the axel is really difficult (even more than the 4STh I think) and needs a long set up

Their 3FTh brings 7 points. I think this is enough. The BV of the Axel is 7,7. If a pair wants to take the risk for the 3ATh in the short, they must be sure to get constent at least +1.

I watched a practise video where S/M showed the 3Ath off ice. But this is one year ago.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
btw our pair ppl will write a letter regarding the inconvenient time for training/comp to the ISU

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
We need an honorary Olympic gold medal like for the Oscars. Aliona and Michelle can be the first recipients.
Yes! I'd give one to Orser and Stojko (so that the Canadians have two, I feel they'd deserve that) and I'd give another one to Slutskaya. Russia was too long without a ladies OG after all, that caused a bunch of problems. ;)

Last edited:

EdgeCall

Record Breaker

I agree. Atm Bruno is still a bit insecure and hesitant, but there is a good chance he will get over it. He is more athletic than Robin, if he also becomes more energetic and stable than he is now he may turn out an even better partner for Aliona than Robin was.

Last edited:

Giselle

Medalist
As far as I know it's not allowed to start at the Olympics for two different countries. She's already represented Germany, so she cannot represent the Ukraine, Russia or any other country in the next Olympics. That's also why Bruno had to skate for Germany.

I'm pretty sure that's not true, at least in figure skating or is that a new rule?

Tatiana Volosozhar skated for Ukraine in 2006, 2010 and for Russia in 2014.
Tatiana Navka skated for Belarus in 1994, 1998, and for Russia in 2002 and 2006.