2016 Team Challenge Cup - Day 2 | Page 38 | Golden Skate

2016 Team Challenge Cup - Day 2

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Since we are talking bear names again... What would Medveditsa translate to? There is a song that I like called that... i have seen it translated as Polar Bear and She Bear before. At some point last season the "Medved" aspect clicked thanks to this forum and it become much easier to search for. But I am curious as to what Medveditsa would translate to.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
They didn't want to inflate Zhenia too much like other skaters:laugh: Poor Lena, though:( Lowballed comparing to others..

Last edited:

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
Since we are talking bear names again... What would Medveditsa translate to? There is a song that I like called that... i have seen it translated as Polar Bear and She Bear before. At some point last season the "Medved" aspect clicked thanks to this forum and it become much easier to search for. But I am curious as to what Medveditsa would translate to.
Yep. Medveditsa = mama-bear or she-bear.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
that's just because the titanic sank... they are being considerate with sinking her scores too
They didn't want to inflate Zhenia too much like others:laugh: Poor Lena, though:( Lowballed comparing to others..

- - - Updated - - -

well i was being nice but yeah... they are UGLY ;)
They are rather ugly as far as medals go. Medals are supposed to be shiny and gold when you win!

artsciboy

On the Ice
143 with multiple under rotations and obvious double footing? Seriously?

While it wasn't her best skate technically or presentation wise, in fairness to Ashley, the protocols show that she received only one under-rotation call and rotated 6 triples in total. With two 2-footed jumps, she still had 5 clean triples and 2 double axels - so same content as her Worlds FS. Given the general PCS inflation here, a 143 score isn't too preposterous.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Thank you to the people that found free streams for us to watch! All in all, I enjoyed this event more than I thought I would. It looked like the skaters were really having fun in the K&C, there were some outstanding performances, and the skaters won some money (which the Dance teams will probably use on Hip-hop lessons)

bixby

Final Flight
Agreed. And since this was a fluffy kinda dumb competition, getting all angry about it is just a waste of time.
They really should have made it something else, not a competition or just a gala and just give everybody money for coming.

I do think they are messing with the integrity of COP by overscoring and not being strict with the tech calls.

- - - Updated - - -

That trophy is awful!

Gosh, can people just be GRATEFUL for what it is. Here we are following it all and everything, yet can't even be thankful for another opportunity to just relax and enjoy it. I'm wondering has any of you negative observer (complainer) organized something like this of magnitude of an event?

From the trophy to the scoring to whatever else that is so agitating to you; then why even bother watching or come to this forum. Just go to sleep or drink your cool aid and have a pity party all you want somewhere. Don't waste your time reading and posting. WHAT FOR? REALLY! WHAT'S THE POINT!

The skaters themselves are trying to enjoy every bit of it even if they had a bad skate and tired and all.

Last edited:

Klarnet

On the Ice
Agreed. And since this was a fluffy kinda dumb competition, getting all angry about it is just a waste of time.
They really should have made it something else, not a competition or just a gala and just give everybody money for coming.

I do think they are messing with the integrity of COP by overscoring and not being strict with the tech calls.

!

Agreed. Knowing it is not a serious competition some slack can be cut, but keep the boundaries. Maybe ISU wanted to watch how the first time goes for this event and then decide whether give it official status. After those marks seems they wouldn't, which is a right thing

badknees

Medalist
All these overly tired skaters still have to skate tomorrow. They should cancel the gala and send everybody home to bed!

ranjake

Final Flight
Thoughts from an unexpert :)

Medvedeva is a phenom- I can't wait to see what she'll do next.

Jason Brown moved me the most

Gracie and Jason have a cute relationship

Happy for Radionova; I hope she'll do well next season

Ashley and Adam do seem to have defeated the headcase beast- so proud of both of them, sometimes it's okay to just be YOUR best.

I LOVE Kolyada- I'm getting Kulik/Yagudin vibes- maybe even better when he's done.

That Cantilever is AMAZING :)

Again- thanks for the links to this fun event :)

I love Gabrielle Daleman

Miyahara is amazing- but her tiny jumps are getting more obvious :(

Rika's posture was glaringly bad to me tonight

badknees

Medalist
Agreed. Knowing it is not a serious competition some slack can be cut, but keep the boundaries. Maybe ISU wanted to watch how the first time goes for this event and then decide whether give it official status. After those marks seems they wouldn't, which is a right thing

Oh man, I hope the do not make this official. It worries me that this was said by IN on twitter:

icenetwork ‏@icenetwork 35m35 minutes ago

Another world record for @JannyMedvedeva, plus a kiss from Christopher Dean. #TeamChallengeCup

ranjake

Final Flight
Christopher Dean is still so cute! What's his deal? Where does he live? Married, etc? I know he has 2 boys with Jill,no? Is he coaching?

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
Thank you to the people that found free streams for us to watch! All in all, I enjoyed this event more than I thought I would. It looked like the skaters were really having fun in the K&C, there were some outstanding performances, and the skaters won some money (which the Dance teams will probably use on Hip-hop lessons)
I gotta agree with a KnC being a rather cute and in way touching aspect of the whole event. It's peachy to see skaters from different countries come together and cheer/hug/high-five for each other after a long competitive season. It's also kinda nice that some skaters from some team are able to get at least some medals (even if it's just bronze out 3, hehe) at the end of the season. If you think about it, a lot of skaters received gold and silver tonight, in a regular competitive environment they would never have a chance. So it's kinda cute little "charity" tournament, it's good for TV and FS popularity as well. However, I doubt it will be taken seriously in future, but it's a OK to have some of those at the end of each season. Kinda putting a bold dot at the end of the season. It would be cool if they make it even more fun of an event/show in future. Like offer them a team choreographer for the whole team and come up for a group program for the whole team. Like all of them on the ice and performing something fun together. Like group dancing for YMCA tunes or something like this silly. Should be marked by judges as well. +PCS score from judges for the team which can make them to laugh more. Judges are human too, after all... :)

Iceskater12356

Rinkside
While it wasn't her best skate technically or presentation wise, in fairness to Ashley, the protocols show that she received only one under-rotation call and rotated 6 triples in total. With two 2-footed jumps, she still had 5 clean triples and 2 double axels - so same content as her Worlds FS. Given the general PCS inflation here, a 143 score isn't too preposterous.

Yeah, seems fair relative to worlds. Protocols weren't out when I posted that.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Gosh, can people just be GRATEFUL for what it is. Here we are following it all and everything, yet can't even be thankful for another opportunity to just relax and enjoy it. I'm wondering has any of you negative observer (complainer) organized something like this of magnitude of an event?

From the trophy to the scoring to whatever else that is so agitating to you; then why even bother watching or come to this forum. Just go to sleep or drink your cool aid and have a pity party all you want somewhere. Don't waste your time reading and posting. WHAT FOR? REALLY! WHAT'S THE POINT!

The skaters themselves are trying to enjoy every bit of it even if they had a bad skate and tired and all.

erm ;) i agree with you about people complaining about scores, the inflation, the competition etc.... i didn't like the format when it came out, didn't even think i'd watch... and here I am watching it... just to enjoy the skating

but honestly, some of us, or at least myself, when complaining about medals is just humour to exactly change the topic because we heard enough about scores... :) sometimes a little diversion is better than moralizing the whole crowd ;)