2017 Europeans Ladies SP | Page 33 | Golden Skate

2017 Europeans Ladies SP

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Still wondering what was going on with Evgenia's complexion. Usually her skin is smooth and bright. But here, it wasn't? :confused:

http://imgur.com/a/INhep
That's what my face looks like, after I've been wearing my wooly hat, or after I've rested my face on my arms while wearing a wooly sweater... perhaps even an overzealous hug from Eteri could do that...

Last edited:

atsumiri

Record Breaker
I think Anna should get higher PCS than Carolina.....
Caro doesn't skate like she used to.....

lost3iron

More Rock & Roll please!
On the Ice
I wasn't an Evgenia fan at the beginning but every time I see her I like her even more, she is amazing!

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Someone just asked Zhenya if she can do a different 3-3-3 she said yes, she can do a F-T-Lo :laugh: I guess that would count.

I love how she looks at Anna for confirmation for things!

Last edited:

breadstal

Record Breaker
Evgenia just said that was changed in figure skating is that now you have to give more soul and put emotions in every movement. Interesting because I think that is missing right now. Anna said that jumps are more important now and little girls are killing all these 3-3.

Last edited:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Carol!!! :yes2: Can't wait for her FS....such a beautiful program :eek::

The top Euro ladies delivered so that means the men will not :dev3:

Kutien

Final Flight
SP
1Evgenia MEDVEDEVA RUS78.921video
2Anna POGORILAYA RUS74.392video
3Carolina KOSTNER ITA72.403video
4Maria SOTSKOVA RUS72.174Q
5Laurine LECAVELIER FRA63.815video
6Ivett TOTH HUN61.496video
7Nicole RAJICOVA SVK60.987video
8Roberta RODEGHIERO ITA57.778video
9Nicole SCHOTT GER56.889video
10Anastasia GALUSTYAN ARM56.4010video
11Loena HENDRICKXBEL55.4111video
12Mae Berenice MEITE FRA54.9612video
13Joshi HELGESSON SWE53.9313video

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Anna just said how happy she is to finally receive such a big bear. That may have been a mistake to say it. Anna, expect some HUUUGE bears coming your way in the next events. :devil:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I've to say Laurine maybe she is the one who deserved some extra points on both the TES and PCS.

She has changed her opening combo from the easiest 3T-3T to the 3ltz-3t and they have considered it clean, the 3lo in the 2nd half was gorgeous, the bv of the entire program was almost on par with the russians and above Carolina.

Considering that she got 66 at Trophee de France with an easier program, i think here that could have been even a PB around 67.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
is there a limitation for 7 triples max?
No, but most top ladies can only do 5 different triples, they're allowed to repeat two so 7 is the magic number.

I've to say Laurine maybe she is the one who deserved some extra points on both the TES and PCS.

She has changed her opening combo from the easiest 3T-3T to the 3ltz-3t and they have considered it clean, the 3lo in the 2nd half was gorgeous, the bv of the entire program was almost on par with the russians and above Carolina.

Considering that she got 66 at Trophee de France with an easier program, i think here that could have been even a PB around 67.
I think the judging here was both lenient (regarding UR's) and conservative (regarding PCS).

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
No, but most top ladies can only do 5 different triples, they're allowed to repeat two so 7 is the magic number
Triple axel says "hi" ;-D

8 is real magic!

Last edited:

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
is there a limitation for 7 triples max?

There's a maximum of 7 jump elements, one of those must be an Axel but you end up with 7 due to Zayak unless you have the 3A. Up to 3 combinations, one a 3-3-3, two double combos.

ETA Oops, must type faster :laugh:

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
sooo 3f3t3lo just not worth the risk

It's more the question of mind games. Look what I can do, especially when she does it in a program. Her Russian Nats one had a bigger impact because she knew it'd get invalidated and she did it anyway; so many struggle and she can throw away a jump. Laying down the law.

Personally, I love that she did because I think changing the rules for the ladies is the only way forward for that part of the sport. Realistically, we just won't see quads and 3As all that often, or rather once in a blue moon. But they can do 3-3-3s so getting people to look at that is excellent in my book. Who knows if they will of course.

Last edited: