2017 Four Continents Short Dance | Page 31 | Golden Skate

2017 Four Continents Short Dance

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Its awesomem to see the Aussies and so many nations with three teams though apparently that is the rule for everyone regardless of placements from previous year.

reneerose

Final Flight
Don't know what happened to Piper...so uncharacteristic... :( Sounded like she said she felt so calm when she hugged her coach in the kiss and cry?

rain

Record Breaker
You keep saying that, but that doesn't make it so.

C/B have one of the *best* programs of the season. IMHO of course. H/D not so bad, considering. And the Canadians, for the most part, hurt themselves with mistakes. Sad, but true.

You actually LIKE that Bad to the Bone section? Different strokes, I guess.

Technically of course the programs aren't terrible. All of the top teams have similar base values and are trying to max out. But artistically speaking... Both of these are a huge miss. And I say that with the opinion that the teams in question deserve a better showcase for themselves. I find H/D's the less awful of the two, since it's more fun, but the music is incredibly random.

slider11

Medalist
Fairly predictable placement for the SD except for Piper and Paul falling to 7th but very close to 6. I don't think they could realistically expected much more in placement although probably hoping to pass Weapo and/or Hubbell/Donahue. Virtue and Moir are phenomenal but I can do without Scott's side winks and swag to the judges. One finger point is enough. And there were a few edge problems so I think the 79 was generous. Shibs were clean, crisp and captured the music beautifully. I thought Madison and Evan deserved higher PCSs. Maybe they're being marked down for too much OTT by Madison? Madison and Zach are right on Chock/Bates' heels. That would be a blow for Chock/Bates if Hubbell/Donahue grabbed third. My biggest sigh came for Kaitlyn and Andrew. Not loving the program but Andrew has got to get those twizzles under control. They seem to be forcing the edginess but at least Kaitlyn toned down the raccoon eyes! Poor Piper. Dust off and get ready for the FD; it's so good!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
You actually LIKE that Bad to the Bone section? Different strokes, I guess.

Technically of course the programs aren't terrible. All of the top teams have similar base values and are trying to max out. But artistically speaking... Both of these are a huge miss. And I say that with the opinion that the teams in question deserve a better showcase for themselves. I find H/D's the less awful of the two, since it's more fun, but the music is incredibly random.

De gustibus non est disputandum.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Like I said earlier in the thread, it's been a more difficult second half of the season for me to sit and actually watch a competition live, but it was a real pleasure being able to do so tonight. Always fun to read everyone's comments. Thanks!

Barb

Record Breaker
Don't know what happened to Piper...so uncharacteristic... :( Sounded like she said she felt so calm when she hugged her coach in the kiss and cry?

uncharacteristic? she fell in a GP 2016, I think it was in France.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
what happened to the Shibs Pattern steps? they missed one key point too in GPF

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
It looks like the Shibs received the highest GOEs and some judges actually dared to score them higher than V/M on some PCS categories (if not overall).

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Eli is bred from East German lines. He's not a show dog. He's from a long line of Schutzhund and scent dogs bred for ability rather than looks or pet tendencies. He's nearly 10 and he has kidney failure and has worn away the cartilage in his back end. We won't have him for much longer. Maybe a year. Eventually he'll be in too much pain or his kidney's will fail. Hence why he gets such a special, human food only diet. Everything is made for him by hand.

I feel your pain. I could not bear to replace my GSD when she died at 9 from Hermangrosarcoma...the only time I cry is when we loose a dog....God bless....

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It looks like the Shibs received the highest GOEs and some judges actually dared to score them higher than V/M on some PCS categories (if not overall).

I'm really surprised at the +3.14 GOE in the no-touch. That's a huge jump from 2.67 at GPF.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
I'm really surprised at the +3.14 GOE in the no-touch. That's a huge jump from 2.67 at GPF.

The Shibs now received a message that they need to spend the next five weeks working on those levels...similar to what they did after 2015-2016 GPF when they needlessly lost levels. They actually lost a level from GPF. Their SBS FW got a level 4 there but a higher GOE at 4CC. They are getting better GOE and the PCS was steady from GPF which was a big jump from the GP series if I recall correctly.

Last edited:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I feel your pain. I could not bear to replace my GSD when she died at 9 from Hermangrosarcoma...the only time I cry is when we loose a dog....God bless....

Me too. Actually the worse was the death of our cockatoo. I still cry when I think about it and it's been more than 12 years. I don't know if you know exotic birds but they have huge personalities. I used to shower with him and then blow dry him while he ran around screaming with joy on top of his cage. He would grind his beak when he was happy. It was like having a toddler. They are smart and mischievous and always up to something. The stories I could tell about Pinielli.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
McDonald's has free wi-fi. And they may be open late. Or you may be able to get wi-fi in the parking lot.

Believe it or not, the McDonalds in town is down for maintenance too! (The people in town are ready to mutiny...they need their Big Mac fix and it will be closed for a month!)

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
you really like it better than the Prince medley? I like it too but I'd put the Prince first personally.

I REALLY like the Shibs SD better than the Prince medley. (I really don't like Prince. I have a feeling a decade from now, people will look back at this season & feel a bit like we do watching the programs from the 80s. So much will feel so out of date). But that's the challenge of choosing a contemporary dance as a dance rhythm. And the SDs have been a blast this year, no matter which ones I prefer or how out-of-date many of them will look in the future. Much more life in the short programs this season than in the free dances.