2017 GPF Ladies FS | Page 36 | Golden Skate

2017 GPF Ladies FS

Zora

On the Ice
Well, "people here" do watch a lot of figure skating. A lot of them complain that Kostner is being propped up by the judges. I thought my friend's opinion was interesting from the outside point of view of a performer and theater director, as I saw people were discussing Kostner's PCS again. Apparently, her opinion couldn't be more irrelevant and is, moreover, worthy of derision from your perspective, but that's fine. [emoji6]

Personally, I am trying to watch Kostner as carefully as possible to try and understand the point of view of people like yourself who ardently believe that she deserves such high marks. I try to watch every performer with an open mind because I love the sport. I really enjoyed her performances at Rostelecom but not as much at the GPF. I thought they were much less passionate. I have a larger beef with the way PCS is judged and sadly Kostner exemplifies why I dislike it so much. It's nothing against her personally. She's lovely, but like Mao last season, whose beautiful performances did not place her on or near the podium, nor should Carolina's this season. That's my opinion as "someone" "who does watch" "an awful lot of figure skating." [emoji6] But in the end it's still just my opinion. [emoji111]
Then there's German commentator Daniel Weiss, former skater, who thought Carolina was even underscored by some judges. :biggrin: Opinions differ so widely about these things. :confused2:

soogar

Record Breaker
I think her attitude seems to be more in line with that of the 6.0 generation in which you wouldn't put in a jump unless it had a very high level of consistency because being clean was all important. Cleanliness is not really rewarded by this system so I hope we'll see the harder layout at Nationals and Euros.

Haven't been here in a while but I think Carolina is doing the right thing by focusing on consistency. She's always been a fragile skater and she has finally figured out how to compete and she's doing well. No need to break out the stops in the Grand Prix events.