• Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
I notice that when people want H/D to win U.S. Nationals, the most they hope for at the Olympics is a bronze medal. I get that's the most realistic outcome for the U.S. nationals winner, but I do think it shows a difference of what the fans of the different U.S. ice dance teams dream and wish and think is possible (even if it's a long shot).

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I notice that when people want H/D to win U.S. Nationals, the most they hope for at the Olympics is a bronze medal. I get that's the most realistic outcome for the U.S. nationals winner, but I do think it shows a difference of what the fans of the different U.S. ice dance teams dream and wish and think is possible (even if it's a long shot).

Actually I can imagine Madison and Evan, the Shibs, and Madison and Zach winning the silver. But then, I don't conform to your hypothetical, because I don't necessarily want H/D to win nationals. I'm just really really interested in seeing who will win, because the three teams are so different and interesting. I hope they all shine, at nationals and Olympics!

alain06fr

On the Ice
I believe it was stated in several interviews that V/M insisted on Moulin Rouge. Marie-France actually wasn't happy about the choice, and called it "Disney-ish". :laugh:

I read the same story, Marie-France being not convinced by the music choice. Now, if V/M wanted to skate on Moulin Rouge then they were right to push for it and keep it. I always prefer when the music choice comes from the skaters themselves. When the skaters have no clue and then simply follow the advice of the choreographer, it's not that great imHo.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I read the same story, Marie-France being not convinced by the music choice. Now, if V/M wanted to skate on Moulin Rouge then they were right to push for it and keep it. I always prefer when the music choice comes from the skaters themselves. When the skaters have no clue and then simply follow the advice of the choreographer, it's not that great imHo.

I mostly agree with you. If a piece of music has a strong pull for a skater, there will always be an extra spark there. And yet there's always the possibility for a choreographer or a coach to see something that brings out the fire in a skater that the skater doesn't see in himself/herself. I'm thinking of Marie-France saying she chose Hallelujah because it made Madison Hubbell "glow." And for a non-dance example, Shae-lynne Bourne suggested Nemesis for Nathan Chen; at first he wasn't on board, but he shortly became convinced. Shae-lynne definitely brought out something in Nathan that not many people had seen. Up to that time.

Axela00

Rinkside
I really hope P/C will win . They are something else, they’ve changed the way ice dancers move.Sure V/M are excellent and so talented but i never really prefered them, even when they were competing with D/W. It s just a personal preference.either way it will be en epic competition and we are in for a treat 1.P/C 2.V/M 3. H/D or S/S

LKGwennire

On the Ice
Country
Brazil
I'm so so so happy that, despite the event being in Japan, the schedule for Ice Dance will be convenient enough for me to watch it live!!! :yahoo: (NHK was just terrible in terms of sleep patterns. Especially when Japan is exactly 12 hours ahead of Brazil)
Go Tessa and Scott! :cheer: