Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
2017 Grand Prix Final of Figure Skating Predictions for Men

Who do you think will win? Who do you hope will win? Share your thoughts on the lineup!

Please do not bash skaters or insult other posters their opinions.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I guess, the skater who is least injured? It's so hard to guess with men. Each of them have had highs and epic meltdowns this season. Except for Voronov?
Voronov FTW! :biggrin:

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Whoever isn't injured by the time this Grand Prix season limps to an end.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
No Javier? Voronov made it but not Javier. Ugh alreadyh

And no Hanyu? Kolyada Voronov and Boyang but no Javi or Hanyu. Just crazy this year.

beki

Medalist
The way this season is going I have a feeling there will be a surprise winner.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
No Javier? Voronov made it but not Javier. Ugh alreadyh

And no Hanyu? Kolyada Voronov and Boyang but no Javi or Hanyu. Just crazy this year.

Wow, what a rude thing to say. :disagree: Sergei was in the GPF AND medaled already.

Do you think things are just supposed to stay the same year after year without any fluctuation in the standings? This is men's skating...half of them are injured and almost all of them are inconsistent.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
If Shoma's ankle is healed by the time of the event, I would say Shoma will take the title because his consistency is pretty much stable and the location is his hometown, I guess? Nathan can take the title instead, but considering the 2013-14 GPF held in Japan, I don't think Nathan will have an easy route against his main rival from the country. Besides, his SA schedule is hard for him to have an enough resting time.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I don't think Boyang can make it to GPF because it is said his both ankles have problems, so he had two poor showings in a row in the GP circuit. If his team is wise enough, they should have Boyang withdraw. I like Boyang a lot, but without his big quads, he has disadvantages compared to his rivals. Olympics is way much more important than GPF, so I expect Jason Brown will be there as the first substitute.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Whoever skaters better between Nathan and Shoma at the point of competition for me :)

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
No Javier? Voronov made it but not Javier.

Unfortunately Javier got food-poisoning in Cup of China, hence his result was low = 6th place. Cup of France he won, but still was not in good condition in the freeskate. Hanyu is injured and Chan did not place well in Skate Canada and withdraw from his second event. I don´t know what´s his reason, but thought that maybe the lack of a good jump coach during lots of years is finally coming home to roost, so to speak. Unfortunately, three top skaters will be absent in GPF from various reasons. I will miss them, but unfortunate things do happen....

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Unfortunately Javier got food-poisoning in Cup of China, hence his result was low = 6th place. Cup of France he won, but still was not in good condition in the freeskate. Hanyu is injured and Chan did not place well in Skate Canada and withdraw from his second event. So, three top skaters will be absent in GPF from various reasons. I will miss them, but unfortunate things do happen....

Javier and Patrick will likely retire after this season, Voronov and perhaps Rippon as well. It's probably time to get used to a different line up at the GPF anyway. It's always hard to say goodbye....

rabbit1234

On the Ice
The competitor chosen is the top skater.
The athletes are judged as ability that he can adjust the condition.

Mussique

On the Ice
If Shoma is in top condition then I'd say Shoma, but with how the season has been going so far...
Nathan is obviously a serious contender, and I don't think his boot troubles will continue in the upcoming GPF... But I think Shoma still wins in the PCS category. And if he manages to skate clean then I think he should grab the top spot. Tight, though.
Idk who will grab the third spot. Kolyada maybe? I'm rooting for Rippon but that's me pushing it because I love the guy. He hasn't landed that 4Lz yet. Boyang is injured, which is a pity, but he definitely needs to take it easy, he has injuries on both ankles. Kolyada could definitely make it, even steal a top spot if Nathan or Shoma make enough mistakes. Voronov getting podium would for me be a surprise, but this season has been full of surprises, so...

Man, what a long post without actually saying anything.
Ok, my guess:
Shoma
Nathan
Kolyada
(I'd be seriously happy for Rippon or Boyang if they'd made the podium though)

Also: GPF, please don't be a splatfest. Please don't be a splatfest. Please don't be a splatfest.