Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Boyang Jin (W/D)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

viennaskater

Medalist
No Javier? Voronov made it but not Javier. Ugh alreadyh

And no Hanyu? Kolyada Voronov and Boyang but no Javi or Hanyu. Just crazy this year.

Where do you live? In a box? And yes that's a rude thing to say about Voronov, who earned his place completely.

viennaskater

Medalist
I think Chen will get it, although I would LOVE Voronov to win! Or at least get in the medals.

If not either of them, then Uno, who is looking pretty fantastic at the moment.

this i am going with nathan, i think it will be a battle between nathan & shoma though.
Mikhail can pull of the surprised.

It depends if adam stays in also due to his shoulder injury. Who would replace him. jason-he could be consistent when mikhail, nathan,shoma are being inconsistent.
Also depends if boyjang stays due to injury then who would replace him-javier-

so anything could happen between now and the start of gpf in a week and half.

i am rooting for nathan though.

nekun

On the Ice
The GPF turn out like we were expected. We get the sQuads, the awkward middle child(Mikha) and the uncles(Adam and Voronov) 😂😂

Althought early in the season we were expecting another awkward kid(Yuzu) and the uncles(Javi and Patrick) will make it to GPF😂😂

It's the sQuads to lose, but my bet will be Shoma or Nathan coz Boyang is injured

eaglehelang

Final Flight
Also: GPF, please don't be a splatfest. Please don't be a splatfest. Please don't be a splatfest.
Considering whats been happening this season I'm going with : Pls dont get injured, pls dont get injured , pls dont get injured.

Not with injury that will make them miss the Olympics, that would be tragic

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Wow, what a rude thing to say. :disagree: Sergei was in the GPF AND medaled already.

Do you think things are just supposed to stay the same year after year without any fluctuation in the standings? This is men's skating...half of them are injured and almost all of them are inconsistent.

I was happy for Sergei but not a fan. Hanyu and Javi are favorites and so great when on. I’d rather see Hanyu and Javi than Sergei and Kolyada or Jin. Nothing was rude. You are entitled to like whoever I do not comment. :)

LadyB

Record Breaker
I'll be shouting for Sergei like a thing possessed, and seeing him on the podium would be totally fantastic. Under 'normal' circumstances, I'd say it's between Nathan and Shoma for the title, Adam and Mikhail for the third. Boyang did not convince me so far. But it is what it is this year, and I like it somehow. I haven't seen Mikhail since his last GP, don't know whether he can keep the momentum. Provided Adam is fully fit, anything can happen...
Go on, lads! Surprise us! :hap10:

rabbit1234

On the Ice
The times have changed. Strong competitors also change over time.
This member is currently strong six people.
Sports results should be respected.

A person in charge of the Japan Skating Federation explained on November 22, about Hanyu, "I do not know when he will resume practice, I do not know if he can be in national."

https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/201711220000452.html

He is not in a situation where he can participate in the GPF.

da96103

Record Breaker
Depends on what is under the judges' table.

Sushi - Uno
Cheeseburger - Chen
Vodka - Kolyada

da96103

Record Breaker
I don't think Boyang can make it to GPF because it is said his both ankles have problems, so he had two poor showings in a row in the GP circuit. If his team is wise enough, they should have Boyang withdraw. I like Boyang a lot, but without his big quads, he has disadvantages compared to his rivals. Olympics is way much more important than GPF, so I expect Jason Brown will be there as the first substitute.

Another Hamilton and two more of those Kiss and Cry's? Please Boyang, no. Do some
Chinese sorcery on those ankles.

da96103

Record Breaker
GPF winner will be Shoma and Nathan. And it will be decided by one particular element in FS. Whoever does the better Quad Flip in FS will win.

Nathan's pair of 4Lz's is balanced by Shoma's pair of 3A's.

Nathan's 4S is as wonky as as Shoma's 4Lo.

So it will be the 4F that will decide the winner, with the condition that vodka is confiscated from the judges.

rabbit1234

On the Ice
From the number of quads and PCS, it will be a battle between shoma and Nathan. This competition will dominate the results of the Olympics.
I think that if shoma and Nathan are the best performances, there is a possibility of exceeding 330

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I sure hope that Jin will be okay with his injuries to participate! Besides, if it becomes necessary he can make the final decision as late as at the GPF sp warm-up, right?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I hope Boyang does whatever is best to heal his injuries. I'd love to see him at GPF, but if it really becomes an issue, I hope there's enough notice so Jason can compete instead.

(And if Jason does, there's no obligation to watch the K&C or his programs. :laugh:)

To keep it on topic, cause this is about predictions: I would love an unconventional podium like Boyang, Sergei and Adam. But I think it's more likely a battle between Nathan and Shoma for gold and then everyone else for bronze, with maybe a slight edge to Misha based on his scores.

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Another Hamilton and two more of those Kiss and Cry's? Please Boyang, no. Do some
Chinese sorcery on those ankles.

What I wouldn’t give to see that wonderful Hamilton program at the GPF:yes::yes: And I am soooooooo tired of criticism of Jason’s KnC behavior. As has been said, if you dont like it, go make a sandwich:sarcasm:

That said, Boyang fought hard for that spot, it clearly means a lot to him, and I certainly wish him no ill. I just wish everyone to be healthy for the Olys.:hap85:

ETA: And it has been such an unpredictable season, I make no predictions at all:biggrin:

Shandy

On the Ice
I think Nathan will take the lead with his fabulous SP, but Shoma will ultimately come back in the FS to nab the gold. I wouldn't be upset with either of them winning! For bronze, I'm thinking Kolyada, but I would also be very happy if Adam could clinch it.

viennaskater

Medalist
I think Nathan will take the lead with his fabulous SP, but Shoma will ultimately come back in the FS to nab the gold. I wouldn't be upset with either of them winning! For bronze, I'm thinking Kolyada, but I would also be very happy if Adam could clinch it.

I'm with you, but I would love to see Voronov get bronze! Regarding Shoma, I just loved the way he 'lifted' his FS towards the end in Skate Canada, it was so exciting and the programme suits him!

Shandy

On the Ice
I'm with you, but I would love to see Voronov get bronze! Regarding Shoma, I just loved the way he 'lifted' his FS towards the end in Skate Canada, it was so exciting and the programme suits him!

I'd love it it Voronov got bronze too, even though I'm not staking all my hopes on it. His late-career blossoming is really heartwarming, and I'm so happy rooting for him. :luv17: :hap10:

LadyB

Record Breaker
I just read on twitter that Boyang Jin has withdrawn on doctor's orders. Apparently just a precaution, he'll be back in no time. That's what the message said.