2017 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Pairs FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Pairs FS

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Camera guy was yawning through Z/E - but it wasn't so bad. I think they are probably going to win this.

LOL I CRACKED UP when I heard that. I'm still laughing.

Well cameraperson does have a point. That is absolutely a horrendous case of a terrible choice of music for the first 4/5ths of the program. Dull, plodding. And there they are, with the most marvelous posture and really showing us what looks like real superb ballet training, and well it IS yawn city.

Don't get me wrong, I actually really like them and think they're the Russian Pair Of The Future at this point. But good lord that music. Put something--anything!--in it's place. I'd take Yoko Ono at her most avant garde extreme at this point.

nimi

Medalist
Oh well. I was kinda hoping a win for A/R but can't really argue with the result. Z/E just looked considerably more secure in the FS.

ETA: A/R got very close to Z/E in PCS... Lost less than a point there.

Reynnou

On the Ice
Yeah, it's so frustrating to watch Z/E. They have everything to be great but they are juste sooooo bland. It's like Tarasova/Morozov...
Nina Mozer is a fantastic coach for sure but why can't she give her pairs decent choreographies ??

As for A/R I hope to see them on the podium at Russian Nats. They are way more interesting than Z/E.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
ETA: A/R got very close to Z/E in PCS... Lost less than a point there.

This is something I don't really understand. I mean - Z/E totally deserved to win, technically they were much better than A/R but, come on - their program has basically no choreo, no trasistions and no interpretation. It's simply one jump after another, one spin after another. A/R need to be more polished and definitely more on fire (let alone technical abilities) but IMO their PCS should be significantly higher than Z/E's.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
This is something I don't really understand. I mean - Z/E totally deserved to win, technically they were much better than A/R but, come on - their program has basically no choreo, no trasistions and no interpretation. It's simply one jump after another, one spin after another. A/R need to be more polished and definitely more on fire (let alone technical abilities) but IMO their PCS should be significantly higher than Z/E's.

Yeah, it's so frustrating to watch Z/E. They have everything to be great but they are juste sooooo bland. It's like Tarasova/Morozov...
Nina Mozer is a fantastic coach for sure but why can't she give her pairs decent choreographies ??

As for A/R I hope to see them on the podium at Russian Nats. They are way more interesting than Z/E.

Both these pairs are average. But now I realize that Zabiyako is not the worst Russian pair skater. It's Asatakhova. She can't skate and can't jump at all. Every season the same situation. Sorry for Rogonov. He's good pair skater.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Both these pairs are average. But now I realize that Zabiyako is not the worst Russian pair skater. It's Asatakhova. She can't skate and can't jump at all. Every season the same situation. Sorry for Rogonov. He's good pair skater.

Oh god, we have a gmyers for pairs now. :dumb:

skatemouse

On the Ice
Oh dear...

Such a promising start for AJ & Erika (landed the 3S they screw up in the SP) and then those axels... and that fluke fall... and those falls on throws... :shame:

Brand new coaching and a move recently? I'd say they need more time. I am sure things are changing probably for the better but it is also new season.

skatemouse

On the Ice
Jessica and Joshua need to work on the levels - same thing I said on the SP. They landed four triples - two jumps, two throws.

Missed combo and landings so sloppy. Lifts ? Need more stretch and difficulty to be sure. It is strange you can watch a USA team that is relatively clean and be like hmmmm. Something is missing. I'd rather watch a team go for everything and miss some things but be like WOW. Also it is the beginning of the season and no one was like WOW in this whole group so they will get there. Top two Russian teams? Hmmm....ok. That Russian team E/K they are a team to watch for. Difficulty in pair elements all of them! ...and that is what you look for. I wish they would take single jumps and single spins out of pairs and you only had to do pair elements. That would be how you would separate the talent. These two are young and they have it. Those lifts and twist thou and pair elements WOW Just :luv17:

ragdoll

On the Ice
I hadn't seen any of the Russian pairs this season but had hopes for interesting programmes at least from Astakhova/Roganov. I was badly dissapointed though. I didn't like it, especially not the free. I feel a bit sorry for Roganov. He is a good pairs skater with a lot of personality and good presentation and deserves better.