3S step out
3A<
3Lz rippon-2T
3Lo
3F
CSSp
ChSq
CCoSp

Jumps were very good for the most part, just started running out of steam at the end

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Alexander JOHNSON USA
Aranjuez in black with red twist

3A step out
1A pop fall
3Lz-1Lo-3F!
CCSp
StSq
3A-2T
3Lo step out
3Fe
3S
FSSp
ChSq
2F!
CCoSp

I didn't know Aranjuez had lyrics. He sells it really well though.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Timothy DOLENSKY USA
in grey jumper and grey pants

4S< fall ouch
3A-3T pretty!
FCCoSp
StSq
CCSp
2A
2Lo
3F-2T
3Lz
2A-1Lo-3S
ChSq
3F
CCoSp

Style is very much in the same vein as the SP, not sure I'm a fan of the grey jumper.

Confession and apology: I have to leave right after Max. I'm so sorry!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Max AARON USA
in the Black Swan costume, Phantom of the Opera

4T gorgeous!
4S hand down step out
3Lo
StSq with awkward fall in the middle
FCCoSp
4T turn 2T
3S whoops
2A whoops
3Lz-2T-2T*
FCSSp
ChSq
1A whoops
CCoSp

I REALLY LIKE THIS PROGRAM ALREADY. HEARTS.

I'm so sorry everyone I have to go!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Alex Krasnozhon 129.88 206.25 4th
4S(<<fall), 4Lo(<<?step,hand), 3A, 3F, 3A1/2Lo3S(hand,ftdwn), 3Lz3Lo, 3T(there was another 3F in there somewhere)

Timothy Dolensky wins.

ETA:
G Timothy Dolensky 229.22
S Yaroslav Paniot 217.05
B Max Aaron 209.37
4 Alex Krasnozhon 206.25

Also, Lynn Rutherford is reporting that Karen Chen's knee bruise is worse than originally thought and she has W/D from the Ladies LP.

HB Spud

Rinkside
Country
United-States
Correcting Elements for Paniot

Correction: Yaroslav Paniot UKR - 4F(step), 4T3T, 3A(hand)2T, 4T(step,hand), 3A(hangs on), 3Lz2T, 3Lo, 3F

Yaroslav PANOIT UKR
In black with mesh sleeves

3F step out
3S-3T
3A-2T
FCSp
StSq
3S step out
3A<
3Lz rippon-2T
3Lo
3F
CSSp
ChSq
CCoSp

Jumps were very good for the most part, just started running out of steam at the end

concorde

Medalist
We ended up sitting just under Team USA for the 2nd half of the mens. It was really cool listening to them cheer on their team mates.

concorde

Medalist
Also, Lynn Rutherford is reporting that Karen Chen's knee bruise is worse than originally thought and she has W/D from the Ladies LP.

My daughter spoke with Karen after the men's long ended. Karen told her she was withdrawing.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Correction: Yaroslav Paniot UKR - 4F(step), 4T3T, 3A(hand)2T, 4T(step,hand), 3A(hangs on), 3Lz2T, 3Lo, 3F

Thanks for that, my brain was clearly not functioning correctly!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Back in the Christmas City after eight hours of skating. Those who have been doing this for years, I salute you! Also lots of fun sitting with @iluvtodd and her friends, a.k.a. "The Sean Rabbitt Fan Club", of which I am now decidedly a member. Impossible to summarize so many skaters so I'll stick to men and Deanna and Nate:

1. Deanna and Nate still project such elegance and calm on the ice, although she had a rough skate, falling on the first SBS jumps, and on the throw. I talked to Deanna that afternoon to tell her how much I loved their programs, And how one of the reasons I came to the comp was to see her and Nate. She is just the sweetest thing ever.

BTW, the way this rink is set up and the number of coaches and competitors they had, you fell over a skater or coach every time you got up from the bleachers. Or even not getting up. They come to you.;) pretty cool.

2. Men: Again, random impressions, and not everyone. Maybe everyone after a good nights sleep:biggrin:

Andrew T. : my boy is a rock star:yahoo: if you are going to do the Tango de Roxanne, do it, commit to it, bring it home, and that's what he did. He was the only one who had the crowd screaming during a transition/footwork phase.

Sean Rabbitt: The only skater who could follow Andrew T. did: Sean Rabbitt and his mambo. What a skilled performer, every little gesture timed for maximum effect. I am so glad I got to see Tequila and the Mambo live.

Jun Hyong Lee: The Korean is quite the revelation for me. He also fully commits to the program, to the music, had some great little flourishes in there, and anyone who gets me to sit through "Bohemian Rhapsody", which words cannot convey my distaste for that song, is doing something right.

Tim Dolensky: I am now an uber. He is mesmerizing.. .some moves, I can't even explain what he did, I'll have to watch the video, little gestures here, a lifted hand there, again when you are so close to the action, just so much more impressive. And of course spins, I can't even.

Alexei K.: poor kid did not have a terrific night (although I didn't think it was *that* bad, although does need to work on stamina) but when he was finished the program, he did the little hand gesture with forefinger and thumb as though to shoot himself. He is clearly emotional, and I like that.

Karen Chen aside: I watched her practice yesterday evening. She had a really bad fall, essentially a belly flop onto the ice. From a height. Skating is not for the faint of heart...:(

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
El, my dear friend, you were so worried about your ability to provide updates that we'd value.

Let not your heart be troubled! I've found your insights as interesting as a detailed list of jumps.

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us. I promise that if I ever get to go to a comp in person, I'll return the favor.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We spoke to Karen last night. She had an ice pack wrapped around her knee. She did say she would probably not be able to skate her free skate on Sunday, but seemed optimistic about the season in general.

We kept bumping in to Jonathan Cassar (master of the spread eagles)!

Note to karne - really enjoyed Brooklee Han! Loved Angela Wang & Bradie Tennell's programs!

el henry - Welcome to the "Sean Rabbitt Fan Club" (Phila., PA branch). We also have such soft spots for Max, Timmy, Alexander T., Alexei K.! :love: Can't say enough how much we love watching Deanna & Nate!

Looking forward to seeing the Ladies' FS later this morning. I'm not a "techie," but hopefully someone else can comment on that!

beckab81

Rinkside
random thoughts from yesterday...

I love this coaching & choreographer change for Courtney Hicks - there were some great moments in her SP (the hand movements during the spins :love:), and her jumps looked a bit more controlled.

Karen & Amber have such big jump! They just float.

It was nice seeing team Cain supporting each other. At one point Amber was sitting in a complete split cheering on the pairs team, right next to Brooklee (whose program I really enjoyed); clearly Alexei & Timothy get along well, and were often goofing off together while warming up.

Yaroslov Paniot - I'm not sold on the programs, but his jumps are just stunning - great height, tall & straight... just gorgeous.

I enjoyed Max's programs, thought they fit well, although the end seemed very sudden. He was struggling with some of the jump in warmups, but just kept working until he finally hit them - he looked really determined.

Andrew/Timothy/Sean/Alexander - fantastic performers, beautiful movement, I just like watching them skate. Timothy's final spin is unreal, and Andrew sold his program really well (and looked REALLY happy with his performance).

Donovan Carrillo was a highlight for me. I can't wait to see more of him on the JGP, and so hope that he got the technical minimums for worlds!

So glad I was able to attend! I have a new appreciation for the skaters, how fast they are, the amount of difficulty involved in their spins, the height of the jumps... just incredible. :luv17:

shadowsinwinter

Rinkside
Anyone watching the ladies FS later, could you update us on how Chloe Ing does :laugh: I'm trying to give our SG skaters some love, but the stream is really too expensive for me ):

Ross74

Medalist
random thoughts from yesterday...

I love this coaching & choreographer change for Courtney Hicks - there were some great moments in her SP (the hand movements during the spins :love:), and her jumps looked a bit more controlled.

Can you explain the choreographer change? I thought she'd been working with Cassar and Ward for the past several years, including this year.