2017 Russian Junior Nationals Ladies FS | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2017 Russian Junior Nationals Ladies FS

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Zagitova - 18 May 2002 (age 14)
Tsurskaya - 11 July 2001 (age 15)
Konstantinova - 14 July 2000 (age 16)

Born before July 1, 2002 - Eligible for all senior events - 2017–18 figure skating season
all of them are age eligible

starla16

Medalist

Born before July 1, 2002 - Eligible for all senior events - 2017–18 figure skating season

nice Calculation and Placement, the RU Federation must be happy
all 3 can eligible for the 2018 Winter Olympics !!!

RadioFan

Match Penalty
I love Stasya but "angel" is not really a good word to describe her. I think Nastya Gubanova can rightly claim it. Stasya is the black swan and wicked fairy godmother, not a fair princess.

This is what a very big part of people would call racist!

vorravorra

Record Breaker

Konstantinova and Tsurskaya are actually the two oldest skaters there.

Manitou

Medalist
This is what a very big part of people would call racist!

Is this how they brainwash you in Germany now?

Anyway, I haven't had a chance to see Alina on this event, but her points put her third in the world this season. And she is getting better every competition. I hope next year she will give Zhenia a good run for the money.
Is she eligible for the Olympics?

Last edited:

vorravorra

Record Breaker

Anyway, I haven't had a chance to see Alina on this event, but her points put her third in the world this season. And she is getting better every competition. I hope next year she will give Zhenia a good run for the money.
Is she eligible for the Olympics?
Yes.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Congrats Stasya on your 2nd place & Silver Medal. :D I remember some people telling that she has no chance at top 5 at Junior Nats or top 10 at Seniors somewhere back in autumn and she proved them wrong again here :)

Nice to see someone breaking Eteri's monopoly presenting different style as well.

I agree though that she should ditch tanos, that helicopter makes Medvedeva ones look like a thing of beauty.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Is this age related or genetic? It seems many young figure skaters have joint/bone related disease. I wonder if skating makes them more prone to it or it is common among all teens and if they don't skate or pursue other types of sports, they don't know they have it.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Is this age related or genetic? It seems many young figure skaters have joint/bone related disease. I wonder if skating makes them more prone to it or it is common among all teens and if they don't skate or pursue other types of sports, they don't know they have it.
Polina says it's genetic but they might not have discovered if she hadn't been a skater and put such strain on her knee which led to pain.
And it's not a common disease.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker

Oh no, poor girl. That sounds like it will make her skating career quite a lot more difficult :(

No. It has nothing to do with Germany or being German. There are sadly weird people with any nationality.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
This in addition to her height makes me very cautious about her prospects :( And she's become such an exquisite skater! :love:

Yes, it is very, very worrisome. Hopefully things will go as smoothly as possible at all for her from now :(

Last edited: