2017 Russian Nationals Ladies SP | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2017 Russian Nationals Ladies SP

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Who is the most beautiful girl of the competition?

My favourite is Stasya Konstantinova.
thats too hard to decide:laugh:
tastes differ
My beauty favs are Liza, Anna, Alisa, Sima

but Im female so my taste probs will differ from the male one

Last edited:

QuadThrow

Medalist
I am very impressed by zagitova's combo.

I have never seen 3Lz+3Lo so clean. It was only a little bit pre-rotated.

I thnik 13.61 is the highest value for a women's element ever.

andromache

Record Breaker
Let's just remember that skating isn't a beauty pageant! Reducing these girls to how pretty their faces are is just silly!

Anna is in 4th now, but if she skates well in the free it's in the fed's best interest to have her in the medals. Same with Maria. Sending three senior ladies who beat all the juniors in a field like this makes a statement.

Gutted for Gubanova. Wondering if she will make it to JW this season or not...

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
In my opinion this should have been.

Medvedeva
Zagitova
Sotskova

But i guess CSKA inflation really helped Maria Sotskova (she skated very well though).

Alina is so strong, she could be easily Russia number 1 in the future if she stays consistent.

Pogo slightly behind due to < in the combo, but not far from the podium.

Super happy for Sofia Samodurova: she deserved a much more successful GP season.

Lozko's spins are state of the art.

Little disappointed by Lena: she is a fighter but at this point the competition is so tough that details like the shaky jumps or a small underrotation, makes the difference from second/third or fifth/sixth.

Liza Tukt: good performance, nice move bringing back the old program but without the 3A she is not a contender.

Overall i really enjoyed this SP event

Last edited:

luckyguy

Match Penalty
Let's just remember that skating isn't a beauty pageant! Reducing these girls to how pretty their faces are is just silly!

Anna is in 4th now, but if she skates well in the free it's in the fed's best interest to have her in the medals. Same with Maria. Sending three senior ladies who beat all the juniors in a field like this makes a statement.

Wow, you're sour.

Btw, this competition is not a qualification for the JW.

Last edited:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker

No, this is not US Nationals where the same three ladies have grossly inflation to medal everytime without even care their mistakes.

All the seniors skaters have a little advantage in the GOEs and PCS but they have to skate as clean as possible to medal.

It's not a surprise that now junior ladies is much more difficult than seniors

pororocheburashka

On the Ice
After the Alina performance:love: the male commentator was talking to the male guest:
"You know what I'm thinking. Next year ...your remember Sotnikova ... then ... (not finishing for the "good luck")"

It's early but I can't resist:

Alina Zagitova can easily be 1. Russian favourite for Pyeongchang 2018. :hap10:

Last edited:

Zhenya is DIVINE

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Amazing short programs from my girls!

Zhenya was divine. So classy and elegant! Masha was so solid and beautiful! Anya fought through her injury to give a great performance! And Alina is so technically brilliant with good presentation!

The only disappointment for me was Nastya popping her loop. She is such a gorgeous skater that it's unfortunate to see her make a mistake.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I am very impressed by zagitova's combo.

I have never seen 3Lz+3Lo so clean. It was only a little bit pre-rotated.

I thnik 13.61 is the highest value for a women's element ever.
I remembered this thread.
Let's see what Zagitova is going to do in the FS, maybe she can score higher than 14.49.

Zhenya is DIVINE

On the Ice
Country
Russia
I am so sick of reading that Zhenya is overscored. There is so much to like about her skating. It is effortless and so light despite the fact that she does soo many complex transitions. She is such a gem and she deserved every tenth of a point!!

Khoai

Match Penalty
I am so sick of reading that Zhenya is overscored. There is so much to like about her skating. It is effortless and so light despite the fact that she does soo many complex transitions. She is such a gem and she deserved every tenth of a point!!
She did skate better than GPF but was that skate worthy of 79? I don't know. In all cases I do think she deserves her win. But her scores make it as if she is the perfect skater ever which is doubtful.