2018 Europeans Pairs SP | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2018 Europeans Pairs SP

whatif

Medalist
s/k twist should never get 0 or + GOE. NEVER. that green bar lighting up in the upper left corner when they... uh... executed the element made me laugh out loud. even though it's really not funny.... oh dear

I believe it's only the level that goes down, which is what happened here.

pearly

Record Breaker
wow, could the commentators be anymore biased.

It makes me wonder if they would make these comments about lack of finesse if Vanessa was white and typical "ice princess" :/

They seemed rough around the edges if you compare this to some of their performances last year.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
If J\C manage to win here and use the after press wisely

In three weeks time that 75.5 could be a 77.5

whatif

Medalist
Nothing to do with "ice princess". J/C do suffer in comparison to top 3 here and it has more to do with ice coverage and speed and basic skating skills which should not detract from their strengths. Not everything is racism.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
What is the Eurosport commentator is trying to say? That J/C lacks finesse compared to T/M? In what world? :rolleye:

I agree. I think they lacked it today and they were a little bit over scored in PCS this time. It was not their best and they got point more in PCS comparing to previous competitions... But they definitely deserve to be in first after SP. So congrats :peace:

s_parks

Record Breaker
wow, could the commentators be anymore biased.

It makes me wonder if they would make these comments about lack of finesse if Vanessa was white and typical "ice princess" :/

??? The heck does it have to do with her not being white? They pointed out specifically what they meant by finesse- positions, extension, etc- then followed up by saying that they weren't trying to be that kind of team, that they have their own style, etc. please keep it about the skating.

frida80

Record Breaker
If J\C manage to win here and use the after press wisely

In three weeks time that 75.5 could be a 77.5

Not if the French team makes the final. They’ll have to skate both and the pairs event is just after team event! If the French federation is smart, they rest P/C so J/C can have a great SP and time to rest for the individual event.

Kutien

Final Flight
1Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES FRA75.521video
2Natalia ZABIIAKO / Alexander ENBERT RUS72.952video
3Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV RUS72.053video
4Valentina MARCHEI / Ondrej HOTAREK ITA71.894video
5Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV RUS70.375video
6Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE ITA64.536video
7Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER AUT63.947video
8Lola ESBRAT / Andrei NOVOSELOV FRA57.488video
9Annika HOCKE / Ruben BLOMMAERT GER57.059video
10Paige CONNERS / Evgeni KRASNOPOLSKI ISR52.3210video
11Laura BARQUERO / Aritz MAESTU ESP51.4611video
12Ioulia CHTCHETININA / Mikhail AKULOV SUI46.5712video
13Lana PETRANOVIC / Antonio SOUZA-KORDEIRU CRO45.7213video
14Sofiya KARAGODINA / Semyon STEPANOV AZE41.5814video

cleo2070

Final Flight
Do you think there will be start order for Free today? I need to know if I'll make it home for at least half of competition tomorrow....

I believe it should be soon, 15 min after the event, but I'm not sure how soon it'll be up on the site.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Not if the French team makes the final. They’ll have to skate both and the pairs event is just after team event! If the French federation is smart, they rest P/C so J/C can have a great SP and time to rest for the individual event.

There is only one French pair in Korea. So they'll have to skate the LP if the French team qualifies... which I doubt. Possible but might be short on that.