2018 JGP Bratislava Ladies SP | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Bratislava Ladies SP

frida80

Record Breaker
Young You was my favorite today she just has so much charisma. I hope she can get those jumps polished because she's going to be a force to be reckoned with.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I don't really like Anna Tarusina's style. The program reminds me of a floor exercise. She seems powerful but her jumps lack height. Not the "total package" type, though I feel bad for her bus accident two years ago.
Anna Shcherbakova on the other hand has better skating skills in terms of smoothness, and her jumps look more secure.
Since Young You teamed up with Shae-Lynn Bourne last year, she has become one of the best artist among junior ladies. She has skated a wide range of programs since and is always exciting to watch. I would put her ahead of Tarusina.

cohen-esque

Final Flight
Anna Shcherbakova isn't to my taste much, style-wise, but I thought she did an excellent job. Good 2A and an excellent 3F with a nice Rippon position with the music, and wonderful flow and glide for the most part. I was only disappointed with the StSq, which I thought went in and out of the music really noticeably.

Young You was my favorite, and if she'd landed the 3Lz+3T fully around I'd probably say she deserves to be in first. Good SS with great power, by far the best interpretation and performance IMO, and more fully realized choreo than anyone other than maybe Shcherbakova (and at least to my personal taste, much better choreo than anyone else.) Her 2A was fantastic.

Pooja gets good spring in her jumps, and she was really engaging in the second half of her program. The first half, though, needs an overhaul ASAP, as it was mostly empty and what was there wasn't good. I hope she can skate well enough in the FS to convince USFSA to give her a second spot out of the precious few they have. (I'm also really not sure how her edge on the 3F was any worse than, say, Shcherbakova's, to get hit with an "!" call.)

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I thought that was a breathtaking performance by Shcherbakova, so elegant and stylish but still athletic and powerful. She has a similar build to Medvedeva, quite skinny almost frail but is still really strong. Great entries and exits to the jumps, loved the 3Lz3Lo. She got a wonderful reception from the audience.