2018 JGP Bratislava Ladies SP | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Bratislava Ladies SP

leoleo

Medalist
I am still in awe of how much Ted does NOT talk during the performances. Can’t he comment senior GP and Worlds, pretty Please? ❤️

i know right? yet he always manages to say everything necessary during the short slow mo replay! which jump was what, which was under or pre rotated, level X for this spin or that step sequence + giving his opinion of the performance overall without talking too much or being dismissive! there's really never any need to talk about useless details all along like Tara & Johnny always do :dev2:

leoleo

Medalist
Good job to all the girls. You did well. Hopefully those who couldn't deliver like thy wanted will find the strength and confidence to make a great comeback. I'm hoping to see Anna's 4lz and You Young's 3A on saturday :clap:.

I have to say, the thread was enjoyable. You guys were great company. Nobody around me follows figure skating so i always feel alone. It was nice to comment with you all. And everybody behaved, there was no nasty fight like i expected from the competition threads back in february with the olympics :laugh: I'm excited to see you all again on saturday :dance:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Ok, folks, that's the end of skating for today! So frustrated I won't see a thing tomorrow...

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Good job to all the girls. You did well. Hopefully those who couldn't deliver like thy wanted will find the strength and confidence to make a great comeback. I'm hoping to see Anna's 4lz and You Young's 3A on saturday :clap:.

I have to say, the thread was enjoyable. You guys were great company. Nobody around me follows figure skating so i always feel alone. It was nice to comment with you all. And everybody behaved, there was no nasty fight like i expected from the competition threads back in february with the olympics :laugh: I'm excited to see you all again on saturday :dance:

Same situation for me, leo! Thanks guys, you are the best! :thumbsup:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Junior threads are usually much more mellow :) I'll say it's Ted influence on us :biggrin:

ETA: I totally forgot to make hot coach allert during Kim's Kiss&Cry! Brian Joubert is just getting more handsome with every year :love:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
For those wondering earlier, the protocols indicate that Young You's 3T was indeed called under. She also got ! on the flip.

Schumacher's was as well, but great for her on getting the 3-3 for the first(?) time in competition. More work to do there, but progress.

Leung also got < on the 3T, while Kawabata got <<. Poor Kawabata also got ! on the flip (so did Pooja Kalyan).

Highest GOE on any element was 2.20 on Shcherbakova's 3F.

leoleo

Medalist
For those wondering earlier, the protocols indicate that Young You's 3T was indeed called under. She also got ! on the flip.

Schumacher's was as well, but great for her on getting the 3-3 for the first(?) time in competition. More work to do there, but progress.

Leung also got < on the 3T, while Kawabata got <<. Poor Kawabata also got ! on the flip (so did Pooja Kalyan).

Highest GOE on any element was 2.20 on Shcherbakova's 3F.

yeah i thought it was UR, this explains that. Tarusina got the second half bonus too!

Anna's scores is just 4 points lower than Gogolev's, that's impressive :agree:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No No thats not What I meant! My brain just went all funny because its an adult performing to music from a movie from my childhood :) The music was Nice actually but the beginning made me laugh because I imagined Rafiki on ice [emoji16]

Ah okay.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Scherbakova was great but reading the feast of +4, +5 GOE on the protocols you would think she's the second coming.. :bang:

At least judges didn't go crazy with PCS except for judge #4. Clearly an uber :biggrin:

Artemisa

Final Flight
Scherbakova was a queen ... but i think the music is a little slow for her and little repetitive

zounger

Medalist
Only Jin Hun TO got a level 4 step sequence with quite positive GOEs kudos to her. :thumbsup:

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Getting used to -5/+5 is going to take a lot of getting used too.

I read this sentence a few times... :scratch2: ;)

Anna Shcherbakova’s skating is lovely (save for the 3Lz and the spiral)... but the thought of having to hear this awful Richard Clayderman piano music many many times this season is :palmf:

Young You was very impressive. Just WOW.

leoleo

Medalist
Only Jin Hun TO got a level 4 step sequence with quite positive GOEs kudos to her. :thumbsup:

oh i didn't even notice :shocked: that is great. She has huge potential, hopefully she can make a comeback in the FS :dance:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Anna was lovely. She is very musical and her jumps were big and had good ice coverage. Her rippon was actually something I enjoyed because it looked like she stretched her whole body and made it into a actual feature rather than putting her arms up or waving them around.

I love Yoo's dress. So pretty.