2018 Junior World Championships Ladies SP | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2018 Junior World Championships Ladies SP

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I wish ISU could ban quads in juniors. I don't think it's a good message for young girls and boys. Adult content should be used with adults.
I totally disagree. I think they as well as 3A should be allowed in SP, even.

Sasha's one thing but Akatieva's upcoming quads for example will only be the height of a triple jump.

Suppressing progress is never the right thing to do. And these skaters would need to practice them at that time anyway if they want to actually have them as seniors.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Happy for Selma (SWE) 14th, clean skate with what’s she is able to do. Loved her coach’s first comment: ’was it fun’?

Sorry for Sofia(FIN). Hopes for a great future! Sad to not see Norway, Iceland or Denmark represented. Also no girl from Australia :( (no one reaching the tech qualification probably?)

Looks like big nations like Canada and China are struggling in the women junior department.

First girl from a lesser nation: born, bred and training in her own country is Anastasia Arkhipova (UKR) in tenth place so far.

Didn’t catch much, but happened to watch Stefanie Pesendorfer(AUT) :clap: (can't find a video of her)

The German girls also did well. Ann Christine Marold and Lea Johanna Dastich.

Sure there are more stars to applaud?

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
I totally disagree. I think they as well as 3A should be allowed in SP, even.

Sasha's one thing but Akatieva's upcoming quads for example will only be the height of a triple jump.

Suppressing progress is never the right thing to do. And these skaters would need to practice them at that time anyway if they want to actually have them as seniors.
Trusova should improve her spins, but she decided to train quads for wow effect. And I don't think, that she will be able to perform them in senior level. So now it's only for hype.
As for me, juniors - it's time to improve and polish all basic skills without harm for growing bodies. But now it's like "try to win everything while you have a child body".

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Trusova should improve her spins, but she decided to train quads for wow effect. And I don't think, that she will be able to perform them in senior level. So now it's only for hype.
As for me, juniors - it's time to improve and polish all basic skills without harm for growing bodies. But now it's like "try to win everything while you have a child body".
Jumping is a pretty basic skill. This is the time when you have to train the most difficult things as this age is exactly when the body is the most responsive and learns the fastest.

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
Jumping is a pretty basic skill. This is the time when you have to train the most difficult things as this age is exactly when the body is the most responsive and learns the fastest.

I don't mine to train them. We were talking about competitions.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
its too depressing to talk about Rika so will just say well done for being the only one get all the levels!!! hopefully LP will be better :hap85: and its so impressive that her inside/outside edge is so clear on her flip/lutz, doesnt leave any doubt

onto the positive things, well done Eunsoo and Young! they are so close to getting 3 spots for JW! (and max spots for JGP)

i am really becoming obsessed with Anastasiia, one of the biggest discoveries from juniors :love: how her laybak didnt get the highest GOE is a mystery to me, and loved Ting a lot too! she is quite fast already, cant wait to see more of her :luv17:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Konstantinovaa's PCS should show the Russian judges how big a mistake holding her up at JN was.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
its too depressing to talk about Rika so will just say well done for being the only one get all the levels!!! hopefully LP will be better :hap85: and its so impressive that her inside/outside edge is so clear on her flip/lutz, doesnt leave any doubt
Exactly. Her edges are clear.

MalAssada

Medalist
I wish fans would give the girls more time to develop finesse. I don't think Sasha skates like a little girl - I think she skates like a 13 year old. I also love to see her genuine joy when skating. She is so, so talented, and I am sure given a season or two her PCS will develop.

starla16

Medalist
Konstantinovaa's PCS should show the Russian judges how big a mistake holding her up at JN was.

They need a hammer to get the message done apparently, Konstantinova fails outside of russian domestic events
surprise surprise ???

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
KONSTANTINOVA is not that bad. Her problem is her jump quality. But do you guys really think she skates slow or has shallow edges? Two seasons ago her spins were poor, but now even her spins are way better. She is very interesting to watch for me. With her lines and expressiveness, she could be a very good ice dancer.

Trusova did very well today. All her jumps look great and her spins are good today too. Alena's sp shows maturity in her skating, but her LP is very generic. I remember her saying the sp is an easy style because she skated to Carmen for a season or two. So how "artistic" Alena is we have to see what she skates to next season. Also in the dance video Trusova, Anna, and Alena were dancing together, Alena looked surprisingly awkward than the other two. So I guess Alena's range of interpretation is still quite limited at this point. Eteri has made the best out of her this season.

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Too bad for Rika, but if she skate the FS like in the nationals, no one can take a medal from her ( and we know why... right Russia's Fed ? )

For the gold i cheer for Alena, but Trusova's announcement about quads make me fear for her safety.

Good luck to all the girls :hap10:

Grin

Medalist
KONSTANTINOVA is not that bad. Her problem is her jump quality. But do you guys really think she skates slow or has shallow edges? Two seasons ago her spins were poor, but now even her spins are way better. She is very interesting to watch for me. With her lines and expressiveness, she could be a very good ice dancer.

Trusova did very well today. All her jumps look great and her spins are good today too. Alena's sp shows maturity in her skating, but her LP is very generic. I remember her saying the sp is an easy style because she skated to Carmen for a season or two. So how "artistic" Alena is we have to see what she skates to next season. Also in the dance video Trusova, Anna, and Alena were dancing together, Alena looked surprisingly awkward than the other two. So I guess Alena's range of interpretation is still quite limited at this point. Eteri has made the best out of her this season.

You know, Russia literally has dozens of junior ladies who aren't that bad. But you has to be exceptional to make it to the team. Trusova has crazy TES, Alena skates like top senior, Tarakanova is like wild fire, Gubanova is elegant. Stasya can be considered exceptional Russian junior lady only because of her age.

irriya

On the Ice

I disagree with you about Alena's artistic. Yes her fs is generic compared to sp. But Trusova's both sp and fs are generic if you say so. I think Alena showed best performance quality in all Eteri's girls. Her body line and stretch and specially her skating skills really make her stand out of the rest. Trusova had great jumping skills, but her flow after 3f3l landing is not as good as Alena in this event. I'm really impressed by Alena's speed and flow in sp really her best of all season. Trusova's sp had many notes that you can stop and adjust the pace, but not for Alena. To perform tango so well doing such difficult jumps at this young age, I think she should be awarded more in pcs.

ewdokia

On the Ice
Nastya can only move forward and for her...that means to grab the chance to improve her performance capabilities.

In order to improve her results when competing in Russia against other Russian ladies it looks like it would be most helpful for Nastya to switch coaches and to choose one with more political influence. :devil:

Trusova seems to get a PCS bonus compared to Kostornaia just for the ability to possibly land quads in her free. :scratch2:

I’m very happy about Stefanie Pesendorfer’s placement, she really did great. :thumbsup: Pity she just missed the penultimate group. :(

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Last one of the "How next year's JWs spots would look solely based on the SP placements" posts!

3 Spots

RUS (1 + 2 = 3)
JPN (3 + 4 = 7)

2 Spots

KOR (5 + 9 = 14)
USA (7 + 16 = 23)
UKR (10, only skater) - up from 1 spot
GER (12 + 15 = 27)

HKG looks to possibly lose their 2nd spot as they are currently at 29 placement points (10 + 18). GER is borderline maintaining their second spot right now at 27 placement points. KOR could certainly move up and get 3 spots for next year.