2018 Olympic Figure Skating Mens SP | Page 167 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Figure Skating Mens SP

For me, Javier Fernandez was the BEST!!!! clean and artistic with clean jumps. I hope he wins. Really love his skting. Hanyu had a good performance, but for me, it was ok la~

Big Deal

Final Flight
Underwhelming, but correct result,
Pairs has been stolen the Show until date :)
The name of the sport has to be changed "Ice Rotating" or the point sstem has to be majorly re-designed.
The fully rotated but not landed jumps have tooooooo high value and it destroys the aesthetic and "perfectionist" side of the sport, and helps to lose many fans.
Can you imagine to change the choreography of "Swan Lake" ballet with more rotations in their jumps and falling in every 2nd or 3rd jumps by the ballet dancers? Who could buy a ticket? :(

fredtx121

On the Ice
I totally agree with the podium. Very happy for all skaters. I am also glad that Boyang didn't "steal the bronze" from Nathan if one of the top three didn't skate well. Nathan goit his redemption and skated his best in the free skate. 215 is a huge score.. Im not sure if Shoma was shocked or disappointed after getting his scores for the Free skate. But I am happy he got his silver and that Javier finally got his Olympic medal. I wonder how many skaters will go to this year's worlds

icybear

Medalist
I totally agree with the podium. Very happy for all skaters. I am also glad that Boyang didn't "steal the bronze" from Nathan if one of the top three didn't skate well. Nathan goit his redemption and skated his best in the free skate. 215 is a huge score.. Im not sure if Shoma was shocked or disappointed after getting his scores for the Free skate. But I am happy he got his silver and that Javier finally got his Olympic medal. I wonder how many skaters will go to this year's worlds

Boyang didnt steal 4th place from Chen. Chen was overscored on pcs today and in the SP he didnt turn up. There was a 20 pts difference from SP too.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Underwhelming, but correct result,
Pairs has been stolen the Show until date :)
The name of the sport has to be changed "Ice Rotating" or the point sstem has to be majorly re-designed.
The fully rotated but not landed jumps have tooooooo high value and it destroys the aesthetic and "perfectionist" side of the sport, and helps to lose many fans.
Can you imagine to change the choreography of "Swan Lake" ballet with more rotations in their jumps and falling in every 2nd or 3rd jumps by the ballet dancers? Who could buy a ticket? :(

Spot on.

:agree:

It's so hard to explain why someone wins who rotates and falls over someone with less difficulty but is clean. The casual fans just don't get it--and in most ways I can't blame them.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
On an interesting note, Jason Brown's 4CC score in the short of 89 points would have been good enough for 1st place among the American men here at the Olympics.

It would have been interesting to see how Jason would have done here. But alas i think it’s a bit much to say definitively how he would have done the same here as he did at 4CC.

That said, he still reigns supreme in PCS among all the US men. His score is still in the top 10 season’s best, though Vincent bumped him, Adam and Max down a spot. Pretty fun that 5 us men are in the top 12.

I don’t think Jason is out of the running for future world teams. But a lot of ifs cause he needs the points from the quad. This competition showed an interesting, seemingly contrasting revelation — it’s not all about the quad but at the same time, the quad matters.

Last edited:

OniBan

Final Flight
Malay language dailies can be quite the extreme ones, not the other languages. Regarding MCM, some just..... Are nasty *shrugs*

Going off topic for a bit but...

Re badminto mixed doubles - if i remember right at least one of those viral headline was proven fake, no?