2018 Olympic Figure Skating Team Event Day 2 | Page 81 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Figure Skating Team Event Day 2

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Japan should be thanking their ID team. They put them through.

No, Japan's dance team could have finished dead last and they still would have made the top 5, since China and France didn't take this event seriously and handed it away.

Giselle

Medalist
So D/R will do the long too! Very brave considering the individual event is so close for pairs!

We already know Daleman will do the long. Surely with Chan and Virtue/Moir will do the LP/FDs as well?

whatif

Medalist
Is this is going to be the first gold for Canada at this Games? They should send a big bottle of Dom to Kolyada.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
No, Japan's dance team could have finished dead last and they still would have made the top 5, since China and France didn't take this event seriously and handed it away.

True. I was comparing this Olympic team result to Sochi's team results. Sorry I didn't make that clearer.

schizoanalyst

Medalist
I love how we all treat this event as just a silly game designed to figure out if our personal favorites are gonna win the thing we care about lol

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I don't understand why they didn't! Z/E are very weak!

OAR is swapping out athletes in their two most competitive disciplines, which makes sense to me. In ID they didn't have much of a choice of who to send, and in Men I don't know if it really mattered. I think they knew from the get to go that getting this gold would be hard, especially without a second strong team in pairs.

skatefan17

On the Ice
I don't know why anyone is surprised a clean Bradie is behind a messy Osmond. Deserved or not, this is how it was going to be. The American lady was always going to be 5th. Only a clean Chen or Nagasu could've pushed for that 3rd or 4th slot.

Not when Chen can't rotate a combo and Mirai skates emotionlessly. The judges lowballed Bradie.

lavoix

Match Penalty
OAR is swapping out athletes in their two most competitive disciplines, which makes sense to me. In ID they didn't have much of a choice of who to send, and in Men I don't know if it really mattered. I think they knew from the get to go that getting this gold would be hard, especially without a second strong team in pairs.

True. I wish Stolbova was here.