2018 Rostelecom Cup Pairs Free Skate | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2018 Rostelecom Cup Pairs Free Skate

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
How come Evgenia touched the ice with hand and the throw still got positive GOE?

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
Okay so Tarasova and Morozov are absolutely on a completely different level than every pair that's gone before today but the GOEs on those two throws aren't right. One had a landing so low I'm surprised she was able to stand up and the other had a very noticeable hand down and break at the waist. Both landings were scratchy. The throws were HUGE though.

I do love this program though but what motivation do they have to clean up their habitual technical sloppiness if they're unjustly given positive GOEs for it?

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Finally they have a program that suits them. I thought it was beautiful today. What happened to Zhenya's chin?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Not perfect. But honestly Evgenia is a amazeballs pair girl. First she gets a world medal after cutting her hand and now they'll win their GP after the hard board hit during practice.

gold12345

Medalist
Tarasova and Morozov's throws are huge, especially compared to this field. The landing mistakes are a little more forgivable given how much height they get. Great fight.

readernick

Medalist
Not perfect. But honestly Evgenia is a amazeballs pair girl. First she gets a world medal after cutting her hand and now they'll win their GP after the hard board hit during practice.

She is amazing. I think any complaining here is about the judging not about the team who are obviously amazing and tough!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker

She is and that's a very beautiful and sophisticated program. But giving positive GOEs when you have such obvious mistakes just throws the whole judging under a cloud of suspicion. It's not fair to them or their competitors.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker

Do you suggest we should have her tortured in order for this team to show maximum of their (admittedly huge) talent?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
She is and that's a very beautiful and sophisticated program. But giving positive GOEs when you have such obvious mistakes just throws the whole judging under a cloud of suspicion. It's not fair to them or their competitors.

It was just more a general comment on her performance. I agree they shouldn't get +GOE for mistakes!

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
Why do I get the feeling that somebody told Trankov off for showing up to Skate America looking like a hipster Russian lumberjack so now he's overcompensating.

ETA: I still cannot with Nicole and Matteo's costumes in the free.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
My eyes physically hurt when I look at Matteo's costume.
Could you please show me the connection between Tristan and smoked ham?