2018 Rostelecom Cup Rhythm Dance | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2018 Rostelecom Cup Rhythm Dance

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Christina CARREIRA / Anthony PONOMARENKO
Music: Tango: Tango Jalousie by Jacob Gade; Tango: Yo Soy Maria by Astor Piazzolla
Choreography by: Igor Shpilband, Pasquale Camerlengo
Costumes: Red tango dress with cut out back and bias cut skirt for her; basic black for him

Required Elements:

TRAD TRAD TRAD tango steps (Igor always has liked his tangos on the trad side) and into
TR Pattern Pt1 - level 2 YYNN 1.34 goe
TR Pattern Pt2 - level 1 TNNY 1.03 goe
Again, the pattern is relatively small, but I believe that's just a matter of inexperience. They're so young! She really need skate OUT more. And Igor is going to be after them about missing the KPs. He has a reputation to maintain! :)
Twizzles - level 4, 1.67 goe. Really nicely done with good coverage and spacing and speed.
Diag Step Seq - Level 3, 1.94 goe. Given the tempo, that's impressive. You see how good the basics are.
Rotational Lift - Level 4, .87 goe
and into final tango pose.

To be honest, I'm starting to get to the point where I'm automatically thinking, Oy Vey Maria, I'm so sick of listening to you.

Potential galore. And he's a first-rate partner. But you knew that already... what I appreciate most is they kept up with the tempo in the Yo Soy Maria without looking frantic. That's incredibly difficult to do. I'm impressed.

Score: 69.01 and they should be closer to first than that.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I actually like Yo Soy Maria, but the version C/P uses are not to my taste. I prefer the original version (?) with the sultry vocals.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
It is unfortunate, but they do have a bit dated, stiff styling around them this season, making them look older and severe in my opinion...He looks more ready for Latin Ballroom tournament, she is somewhere in between Tango and Latin...

I agree, but at least she didn't do the slapped face this time!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Twizzle stumble. And the tech panel is harsh today, it seems. Sara Hurtardo is still lovely to watch though.

Actually given the sheer number of bumbles and balance checks and being off the beat, I thought they were on the generous side.

And who can take GOE seriously anymore?

For the most part this was a disappointing event. I give the Lithuanians and Poles credit for at least really improving from earlier in the season.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Piper and Paul would have been third here even with the fall. Yikes.

Fields have been really weak in all GPs except the ones they got.
I hope not making the GPF doesn't hurt their chances in the second half of the season.

madison

Record Breaker
Stepanova/Bukin overscored as usual... I mean she has bad skating skills-nothing new, but her mistake in the first tango pattern was obvious, not to speak about the poor ice coverage in twizzle, which didn t worth that huge GOE... oh, well...

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The results aren't stunning. I'm glad the young Americans did quite well in the placement. I think he's spectacular.

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Stepanova/Bukin overscored as usual... I mean she has bad skating skills-nothing new, but her mistake in the first tango pattern was obvious, not to speak about the poor ice coverage in twizzle, which didn t worth that huge GOE... oh, well...

No, not oh well. Worth pointing out. It's unfair! It was a case of "Skating whilst Russian". And the tragedy is the Eurosport commentators didn't even notice. They were praising both their skating skills, and didn't even mention the TR error. Chris Howarth is a great Figure Commentator, but he needs a Dance expert beside him rather than Simon who is neither.

s_parks

Record Breaker
No, not oh well. Worth pointing out. It's unfair! It was a case of "Skating whilst Russian". And the tragedy is the Eurosport commentators didn't even notice. They were praising both their skating skills, and didn't even mention the TR error. Chris Howarth is a great Figure Commentator, but he needs a Dance expert beside him rather than Simon who is neither.

I can't stand Simon Reed. (and apparently tennis fans can't either, so there you go.) Really prefer Nicky and Mark.

Like, are we still pretending Stepanova has better SS than even Carreira? Please.

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I can't stand Simon Reed. (and apparently tennis fans can't either, so there you go.) Really prefer Nicky and Mark.

Like, are we still pretending Stepanova has better SS than even Carreira? Please.

Unfortunately poor Nicky seems to have been cast aside after people on Twitter complained about his commentary. He hasn't been asked for 2 seasons now, and neither has Joanne Conway. Instead we get Simon and Catherine Whitaker, both of whom mainly cover Tennis, when Chris is unavailable. Mark Hanretty will now be busy on Dancing on Ice, but hope he can find some time for commentary.